Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 108. (Read 379983 times)

legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
November 25, 2013, 04:13:58 PM
Is there any particular reason why should people be interested in Yacoin today?
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
November 25, 2013, 03:33:59 PM
Has anybody else ran into the problem that once the wallet has some 700+ transactions (specifically mining transactions), the yacoin wallet becomes unresponsive?  This has happened to my twice on two different computers and two different wallets (including different wallet versions).  What I mean by unresponsive is when I try to click any menu item or menubar item, the wallet doesn't do anything at first.  Instead after a 1/2 minute or so the windows whirly thing just spins around and eventually the wallet goes into the grayish mode and the titlebar on tops says (Yacoin wallet is unresponsive).  If I wait long enough (like 15 minutes or so), the wallet will eventually recover and correctly react to the click, but when I click another button or enter a value, I'm back to the Window's whirly thing spinning and an unresponsive wallet.

Both times I've been able to recover by sending all my coins somewhere else (e.g., cryptsy), deleting the wallet and starting over with a clean wallet, then sending all my coins back to the new wallet (minus the transactions fees).  This sounds simple enough, but doing this takes a couple hours.  The steps are: click send coins (wait 15 minutes or more until the wallet recovers and reacts), enter a wallet address to send coins (wait another 15 minutes or more for the wallet to recover and react), enter amount of coins to send (wait 15 minutes or more for the wallet to recover and react ), .....,  you get the picture.

Is there some sort of limit on mining transactions before the wallet cannot function in a suitable fashion?  I'm not sure with the first wallet how many transactions there were, but the second wallet went unresponsive after 740 mining transactions (mining transactions includes both mining and stake transactions).  I'm guessing the transaction count was around the same when it happened with the first wallet.

Thanks

I'm looking at it. Do you know if yacoind is also unresponsive, (listtransactions, getinfo, etc) or just yacoin-qt?
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
November 25, 2013, 02:51:30 PM
Has anybody else ran into the problem that once the wallet has some 700+ transactions (specifically mining transactions) ...

Yes with PoS transactions.
My little netbook had the first issues at ~200transactions and at my current ~500 it's not useable at all. As long as it was working I didn't care about startup time, but now it's not even capable of PoS minting.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
November 25, 2013, 02:10:23 PM
Guys,

I managed to implement yac algo into cpuminer with stratum support - you can grab sources here:

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/87101203/file.html

I will appreciate if someone can compile windows execs.

feeleep

That's great news! Thanks man Cheesy
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 25, 2013, 02:16:08 AM
Oh look!! Here is IndiaMikeZulu patiently trying to build his Australian P-WIP network.

Been surfing surfing. What is clear is that most of the new buy in cash out portals are pushing up the commissions.

If you are in Oz . . . give us a ring and chat!!

IndisMikeZulu
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
November 24, 2013, 11:47:33 PM
Has anybody else ran into the problem that once the wallet has some 700+ transactions (specifically mining transactions), the yacoin wallet becomes unresponsive?  This has happened to me twice on two different computers and two different wallets (including different wallet versions).  What I mean by unresponsive is when I try to click any menu item or menubar item, the wallet doesn't do anything at first.  Instead after a 1/2 minute or so the windows whirly thing just spins around and eventually the wallet goes into the grayish mode and the titlebar on tops says (Yacoin wallet is unresponsive).  If I wait long enough (like 15 minutes or so), the wallet will eventually recover and correctly react to the click, but when I click another button or enter a value, I'm back to the Window's whirly thing spinning and an unresponsive wallet.

Both times I've been able to recover by sending all my coins somewhere else (e.g., cryptsy), deleting the wallet and starting over with a clean wallet, then sending all my coins back to the new wallet (minus the transactions fees).  This sounds simple enough, but doing this takes a couple hours.  The steps are: click send coins (wait 15 minutes or more until the wallet recovers and reacts), enter a wallet address to send coins (wait another 15 minutes or more for the wallet to recover and react), enter amount of coins to send (wait 15 minutes or more for the wallet to recover and react ), .....,  you get the picture.

Is there some sort of limit on mining transactions before the wallet cannot function in a suitable fashion?  I'm not sure with the first wallet how many transactions there were, but the second wallet went unresponsive after 740 mining transactions (mining transactions includes both mining and stake transactions).  I'm guessing the transaction count was around the same when it happened with the first wallet.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1197
November 24, 2013, 05:35:59 PM
Guys,

I managed to implement yac algo into cpuminer with stratum support - you can grab sources here:

http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/87101203/file.html

I will appreciate if someone can compile windows execs.

feeleep
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
Activity: 280
November 24, 2013, 06:53:09 AM
My hashrate for YAC has gone from about 7.5kh/s to 1.9kh/s. So, about 25% of the previous rate.

My 7950 GPU results are similar--about 25% of what it was.  8.41 kh/s to 2.12 kh/s.
Next n change going to be measuring mining speed in hash/sec!
And the one after in seconds per hash! Grin
And then in hashes per cardlivetime since a card won't work for ever.
And then by cards needed for 1 hash.
And then will will have a PoS-only coin.
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
November 24, 2013, 05:56:28 AM
My hashrate for YAC has gone from about 7.5kh/s to 1.9kh/s. So, about 25% of the previous rate.

My 7950 GPU results are similar--about 25% of what it was.  8.41 kh/s to 2.12 kh/s.
And the one after in seconds per hash! Grin
legendary
Activity: 1197
November 24, 2013, 02:47:57 AM

My 7950 GPU results are similar--about 25% of what it was.  8.41 kh/s to 2.12 kh/s.

Yeah we will be!  I know my cpu miners are getting ~ 0.10 kh/s (100 hash/s) per thread.

btw- I recently switched my mining pool to 'http://yac.coinmine.pl/index.php' from 'http://yac.ltcoin.net/' (I was having a lot of issued with yac.ltcoin - coins disappearing, wrong amounts on payouts, etc.) and several of my CPU miner's aren't connecting.  I tired all of the ports but of my CPU miners still won't connect.  I'm using ssse3 miner and after it launches, I get 'x miner thread started...' but it never goes to 'long-polling activated for....'  It's odd because about half of my miners connect (including my GPUs), but other's aren't

Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there anything on my end I can try to do to fix it - or is it on the pool's side?  I looked on the 'yac.cooinmin.pl' site for a contact to message the pool owner - but there doesn't seem to be any contact information!?!?

Hi - if you use LP try another port: 8080 (the same address) and let me know if it helps

feeleep
Activity: 274
November 23, 2013, 10:58:08 PM

Yeah we will be!  I know my cpu miners are getting ~ 0.10 kh/s (100 hash/s) per thread.

btw- I recently switched my mining pool to 'http://yac.coinmine.pl/index.php' from 'http://yac.ltcoin.net/' (I was having a lot of issued with yac.ltcoin - coins disappearing, wrong amounts on payouts, etc.) and several of my CPU miner's aren't connecting.  I tired all of the ports but of my CPU miners still won't connect.  I'm using ssse3 miner and after it launches, I get 'x miner thread started...' but it never goes to 'long-polling activated for....'  It's odd because about half of my miners connect (including my GPUs), but other's aren't

Is anyone else having this issue?  Is there anything on my end I can try to do to fix it - or is it on the pool's side?  I looked on the 'yac.cooinmin.pl' site for a contact to message the pool owner - but there doesn't seem to be any contact information!?!?

I think feeleep runs that pool. Have you tried what he posted in the last page?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3661707
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
November 23, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
November 23, 2013, 05:55:41 PM

Activity: 81
Merit: 10
November 23, 2013, 04:04:33 PM

Activity: 381
November 23, 2013, 12:38:04 PM
Good news, better buy some more!
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
November 23, 2013, 12:29:03 PM
I'd still like to be able to exchange USD to YAC directly.  It's silly depositing money in dwolla, waiting 3-4 days for it to clear, sending money to an exchange, buying bitcoins, waiting for it to confirm, sending to another exchange, and then finally converting BTC to YAC.  It would be a huge time saver being able to buy directly.  Not to mention it would probably greatly help the economy of YAC - the value would begin to be based on a direct currency exchange rather then on the current bitcoin price.

If anyone can formulate a basic plan behind this, I could approach some companies to see what the associated fees would be and its general viability to operate.

Ps nice little rise in yac at the minute Smiley

It's up at 24th place on coinmarketcap, just passed QuarkCoin.
November 23, 2013, 11:01:55 AM
I'd still like to be able to exchange USD to YAC directly.  It's silly depositing money in dwolla, waiting 3-4 days for it to clear, sending money to an exchange, buying bitcoins, waiting for it to confirm, sending to another exchange, and then finally converting BTC to YAC.  It would be a huge time saver being able to buy directly.  Not to mention it would probably greatly help the economy of YAC - the value would begin to be based on a direct currency exchange rather then on the current bitcoin price.

If anyone can formulate a basic plan behind this, I could approach some companies to see what the associated fees would be and its general viability to operate.

Ps nice little rise in yac at the minute Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
November 23, 2013, 04:30:08 AM
I'd still like to be able to exchange USD to YAC directly.  It's silly depositing money in dwolla, waiting 3-4 days for it to clear, sending money to an exchange, buying bitcoins, waiting for it to confirm, sending to another exchange, and then finally converting BTC to YAC.  It would be a huge time saver being able to buy directly.  Not to mention it would probably greatly help the economy of YAC - the value would begin to be based on a direct currency exchange rather then on the current bitcoin price.
November 22, 2013, 08:31:35 PM
Hell no, "high risk" is merchant services for things that have potential for higher than normal chargebacks, my suggestion is based on the probability that most credit card companies wouldnt work with virtual currencies, but high risk providers may entertain it with a well written business plan. Typical clients are adult websites, filesharing sites and similar...
Jump to: