Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 111. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 347
Merit: 250
November 17, 2013, 03:38:50 AM
Hi all,

Guess WindMaster and other big boys dumped their bags too, it's obvious he is not interested anymore too.

I didn't quite dump all of it, and I have some processing power still pointing at it.  Lets just say that if YAC ever pulls a BBQCoin move and resurfaces with a vengeance in the future, I have "enough" YAC to be happy for that occasion.

I have lost a lot more than 2 BTC, and I am ok with that!--as opposed to being not ok with all the BTC I lost in FTC and TRC (So glad to see those crap coins removed from btc-e)

Windmaster left because he was looking for that quick buck as an early investor.

Well, in all fairness, I stepped in to take up development after the "quick buck" phase of YAC was pretty much done.  I bought up far more YAC than I ever mined.  I can certainly empathize with anyone that lost some money, and I'm positive there are people here that lost more than I did.  But I absolutely did lose a whole lot more than 2 BTC worth (by orders of magnitude!).  :-)

People were eager for lots of new features in YAC, I had real-life time limitations this summer that prevented implementing stuff as quickly as would be ideal, so it was time to pass the torch.  It seems YACoin has been in good hands with Joe_Bauers and my choice to turn development over to him was probably the best choice for the coin.

-WM
Activity: 406
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
November 16, 2013, 08:06:41 PM
EDIT: Right now there's one participant with 99 tickets and a 25 YAC bonus to the winner (total reward 124 YAC!). Don't let him win, get some tickets!
LET M... ehm HIM WIN, U BETTER SELL ALL YOUR COINS ON CRYPTSY INSTEAD.
Hehe Cheesy
Only 45 minutes left and still just one participant. The bonus has also raised to 34.95 YAC!
Only 1 day left and still just one participant.The bonus has also raised to 54.95 YAC!
I see what you did there  Grin
Activity: 280
November 16, 2013, 08:05:07 PM
EDIT: Right now there's one participant with 99 tickets and a 25 YAC bonus to the winner (total reward 124 YAC!). Don't let him win, get some tickets!
Hehe Cheesy
Only 45 minutes left and still just one participant. The bonus has also raised to 34.95 YAC!
Only 1 day left and still just one participant.The bonus has also raised to 54.95 YAC!
November 16, 2013, 07:16:16 PM
Hehe Cheesy
November 16, 2013, 05:38:54 PM
November 16, 2013, 08:59:02 AM
So, I was kinda bored and made this (hope it will work as intended) Grin
http://yacexplorer.tk/raffle.html

It's a standard cryptocurrency raffle-style lottery where each stake recieves a number of tickets equal to floor(stake). Each ticket has an equal chance of winning. Those tickets are constructed by concatenating a few strings unique to your stake + the server's secret for a given day and then hashing all that. The winner is determined by the ticket with the lowest hash (more detailed explanation on the raffle page). Simple, huh? Cheesy

There is no cut for the lottery operator (me) - the whole pot is given to the winner.

The lottery occurs each day at midnight UTC (server time). Everything is transparent and cryptographically verifiable.

The first lottery draw is in 11 hours from now! Hope it will bring some fun into the YAC community. Smiley

Activity: 149
Merit: 102
November 16, 2013, 05:20:39 AM
Of course. Rent a server, install YAC miner, earn YAC.
Problem is, server fees will most likely exceed  the value of the mined coins.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
November 16, 2013, 02:37:03 AM
Question to the developers or anyone more tech savvy then me....

I keep reading a lot of cloud mining XPM through cloud servers.  I'm not sure I really understand how it works - but would it be possible to 'cloud mine' YACoin?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 15, 2013, 07:01:30 PM
These last posts have been very helpful.

IndiaMikeZulu
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
November 15, 2013, 02:02:17 PM
Although I haven't been GPU mining myself, I have been following some GPU miners and they started selling a couple of months ago because of the HW errors due to N increase, huge problems with mining on low memory GPU cards and realization of eventual non-profitability over CPU miners.
They also thought the market is completely theirs and there will be no buyers or sellers after they are gone. So they panicked and collapsed the price by running off. But market should slowly fill up with new participants. If that is going to be the case or no is hard to predict.
So the price movement is not unrelated to N factor change.

Agreed, there was a lot of large dumps after the last few N-factor increases.  People seem to forget that this coin was intended to be 'fairly' mined.  Wasn't the motto on the yacoin.org page 'wither you have a processor or a 5770 graphics card, you can still mine this coin.'  Well I'm proud to say my i7 and my 5770 are getting the same mining speed today.  And everyone with computer, has a processor, and will continue to be able to mine.  Smiley

btw - nice graph / data above.  Smiley  I too have noticed a huge increase to the number of coins I've been making per day from my processor (also set on low settings).  I think after this next N-increase (in ~4 days), even fewer GPU mining farms will participate.  And I believe soon after (it might take another N-increase or three), we will begin to see the switch from 'mine-and-dump' sellers to 'investors' buyers. Smiley
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
November 15, 2013, 01:42:54 PM
Although I haven't been GPU mining myself, I have been following some GPU miners and they started selling a couple of months ago because of the HW errors due to N increase, huge problems with mining on low memory GPU cards and realization of eventual non-profitability over CPU miners.
They also thought the market is completely theirs and there will be no buyers or sellers after they are gone. So they panicked and collapsed the price by running off. But market should slowly fill up with new participants. If that is going to be the case or no is hard to predict.
So the price movement is not unrelated to N factor change.
November 15, 2013, 11:08:16 AM
YAC has never been a CPU coin, if there is someone still mining YAC with CPU he is plain STUPID.
Not everyone sees mining as a fulltime profession that has to be profitable.

I don't think a CPU on idle is smarter than a CPU mining YAC. Calling someone stupid without considering his circumstances and motivations is just beeing stupid aswell. Mining on CPU can be smart for some and stupid for the others...

Maybe Yacoin was too GPU friendly before, but since GPU miners are dropping out with each N increment, coins are now beginning to be more evenly distributed among plain PC users.
I have extracted daily reports from my account at http://yac.ltcoin.net/ and made a chart of "income" (1 bar = 1 day):
A n-change is an occasion to stop mining ...
Prices in May were by far higher than they are now so your chart has no real significance without taking prices(USD) somehow into consideration. That effect is probably magnitudes stronger than any n-change could possibily have done.

Last N-factor change on September, 30th really made a difference ( source: http://yacexplorer.tk/graphs.htm ):
I really hope so.
CPU POW is a great way to distribute new coins to a lot of different people.
November 15, 2013, 09:40:26 AM
Impressive.
Activity: 274
November 15, 2013, 08:04:14 AM

Maybe Yacoin was too GPU friendly before, but since GPU miners are dropping out with each N increment, coins are now beginning to be more evenly distributed among plain PC users.
I have extracted daily reports from my account at http://yac.ltcoin.net/ and made a chart of "income" (1 bar = 1 day):

Last N-factor change on September, 30th really made a difference ( source: http://yacexplorer.tk/graphs.htm ):

This is the first time I've seen actual data on YACoin CPU mining. Very informative, thank you.  Smiley
Activity: 118
November 15, 2013, 07:42:10 AM
YAC has never been a CPU coin, if there is someone still mining YAC with CPU he is plain STUPID.

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
November 14, 2013, 08:13:47 PM
YAC which doesn't have a dev team, and a strong community.

I am talking about the original developer, he just released the code and disappeared, kinda shady (and please don't tell me Satoshi did the same, you just can't compare).

Satoshi did the same.

I think the YACoin devs are awesome btw.

I am a proud CPU miner.  Is it possible/worthwhile to mine with a cudaminer?  (Nvidia card)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
November 14, 2013, 06:53:43 PM
Yes.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
Activity: 106
November 14, 2013, 02:05:54 PM
Doesn't look good for YAC to be honest, as someone said XPM took the market YAC was aiming to and I'm afraid there's no recovering from this. I myself lost 2 BTC on YAC, definitely wasn't expected this but the group of CPU coins that came later, with XPM as a winner of that group just took attention from it.

This alt coin market (YAC included) have one purpose : mine while profitable and convert to BTC. Investing big money in alts is way too risky, especially in coins that like YAC which doesn't have a dev team, and a strong community. Because being a HOLDER does not make you part of a community, it makes you an speculator.

I mine Yac with CPU, i get 2-3 blocks a day =)
Activity: 106
November 14, 2013, 02:03:36 PM
Well said, aso118!

Doesn't look good for YAC to be honest, as someone said XPM took the market YAC was aiming to and I'm afraid there's no recovering from this. I myself lost 2 BTC on YAC, definitely wasn't expected this but the group of CPU coins that came later, with XPM as a winner of that group just took attention from it.

Guess WindMaster and other big boys dumped their bags too, it's obvious he is not interested anymore too.

Sometimes you just have to accept defeat and move on.

I have lost a lot more than 2 BTC, and I am ok with that!--as opposed to being not ok with all the BTC I lost in FTC and TRC (So glad to see those crap coins removed from btc-e)

Windmaster left because he was looking for that quick buck as an early investor.  Plus, he had to deal with so many people wanting the same thing.  People have left other coins mostly because the ridiculous reward for early-comers (straight-up premine and the virtual premine of 0 difficulty).  People have left YACoin for the exact opposite reason.  I believe the ones sticking it out now are mostly people who actually believe in the long-term viability of the coin, the future alternative currency of the world.

Well said  Smiley
Jump to: