Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 169. (Read 379873 times)

Activity: 347
Merit: 250
This last N increase has hit my CPU mining hash rate hard, around 42%. It would be interesting to see how it hit GPU mining to see if the algorithm is going in the right direction.

Fortunately, difficulty will drop accordingly over time.  It's too bad it doesn't rise or fall with a larger increment (faster rate) per block though.  It's just a bit of a waiting game at this point for difficulty to become more reasonable.  It's dropping quickly though, I see it's down to about 4.4 now.

I'm a bit concerned that N might be getting too big even for CPUs though. My single core EC2 micro-instance was capable of mining (at a slow rate) before the N increase, but now it's pretty much unable. Wondering what the rest of N increases might cause, perhaps the pools need to start adding variable difficulty to cater for slower CPUs or the next N increase might kill a good amount of lower-end ones.

I think at a minimum, pool operators need to stay on top of Nfactor++ events and adjust work size / difficulty to keep things working smoothly and keep the average time to solve a share below the average time between blocks.  Otherwise everyone solo mining (like me) actually beat out pools with poorly adjusted work size.  I still leave a handful of dual Xeon servers mining for testing purposes and their block solving rate still seems to be tracking inversely proportional with hash rate and difficulty.  At this point, N is still way lower than Litecoin always had.

An Amazon micro instance mining on a poorly adjusted pool would indeed be a losing battle at this point, I'd think.  That's basically just a small shared fraction of a single Xeon core!
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Opened the wallet and it says 'Checkpoint too old......'. I will just ignore it for now? On windows 32 bit.
Activity: 637
Merit: 500
This last N increase has hit my CPU mining hash rate hard, around 42%. It would be interesting to see how it hit GPU mining to see if the algorithm is going in the right direction.

+1
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

I'm a bit concerned that N might be getting too big even for CPUs though. My single core EC2 micro-instance was capable of mining (at a slow rate) before the N increase, but now it's pretty much unable. Wondering what the rest of N increases might cause, perhaps the pools need to start adding variable difficulty to cater for slower CPUs or the next N increase might kill a good amount of lower-end ones.

It seems that mining has no profit with the current YaCoin price.
Activity: 41

Activity: 637
So the unofficial client has became the official client?
There has been no word from the original developer since the release so it is "officially" dead.
However in a P2P currency model, "official" development could be taken over whenever there is enough consensus.
And with consensus I mean that people installs and supports the new "unofficial" client.
Activity: 24
So the unofficial client has became the official client?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Dev was killed in the battle  Grin, unofficial should be the WindMaster.
Nice~
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
Dev was killed in the battle  Grin, unofficial should be the WindMaster.
Activity: 94
May I ask who are the devs (both official and unofficial) of YAC?
Activity: 60
For some reason whenever I open my yacoin-qt client it utilizes 100% of my cpu. I have an FX-8350 so there is no reason that it should be doing that. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing that spike?

nevermind, I figured it out. My YaCoin.conf was set to gen=1. I changed it to gen=0 and that fixed the problem.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
Thanks for compiling up an interim Win 64-bit binary.  I was going to start looking into why the scrypt-jane library won't compile cleanly for 32-bit Windows using the mingw32 compiler as reported earlier in the thread but haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm almost ready to push changes to the repository to update the icon and graphics, and have been working on scripting up an NSIS-based installer (similar to InstallShield, but NSIS is open-source) for the Windows client.

Yes, I also met the problem of the assembly code error. I just turned off some macro options for the SSE & AVX, to make it a plain generic scryp-jane impl.

In file scrypt-jane-portable-x86.h, comment out these parts:
   #if (defined(COMPILER_MSVC6PP_AND_LATER) || (defined(COMPILER_GCC) && (COMPILER_GCC >= 30000)))
      #define X86ASM_SSE
      #define X86ASM_SSE2
   #endif
   #if ((defined(COMPILER_MSVC) && (COMPILER_MSVC >= 1400)) || (defined(COMPILER_GCC) && (COMPILER_GCC >= 40102)))
      #define X86ASM_SSSE3
   #endif
   #if ((defined(COMPILER_GCC) && (COMPILER_GCC >= 40400)))
      #define X86ASM_AVX
   #endif

But if you want to make the client also has optimized mining capability, need to try to configure CPU_X86_FORCE_INTRINSICS. (gcc intrinsics are always well-organized c code.)

Activity: 252
Another n update Sad now its so low. hardly getting accepted shares. lol
Sad

i seem to be getting the same amount of shares but at a slower hash rate, it was quite fun to mine at high hashrates on a CPU but now thats passed and the price is only goin down i feel this coin has been left in the cold while the next fashionable coin does the bter rollercoaster
Activity: 347
I compiled a version of win64 from windmaster's git branch, if you have 64-bit windows installed, you can try it.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hnindev/files/yacoin-qt-0.4.0.0-g32a928e-winx64.zip

Thanks for compiling up an interim Win 64-bit binary.  I was going to start looking into why the scrypt-jane library won't compile cleanly for 32-bit Windows using the mingw32 compiler as reported earlier in the thread but haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm almost ready to push changes to the repository to update the icon and graphics, and have been working on scripting up an NSIS-based installer (similar to InstallShield, but NSIS is open-source) for the Windows client.
Activity: 518
Manateeeeeeees
(reserved)
This space will be used to reserve space in the future.
Activity: 518
Manateeeeeeees
Forked the client - now your stolen bitcoins go to a different address.
Activity: 119
For the Community! By the Community!
Another n update Sad now its so low. hardly getting accepted shares. lol

started at aroun 280kh/s now im on 80 kh/s Sad

[2013-05-20 23:09:00] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:02] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:04] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:05] accepted: 104/127 (81.89%), 75.28 khash/s (yay!!!)
[2013-05-20 23:09:07] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:10] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:23] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:25] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:26] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:27] accepted: 105/128 (82.03%), 69.01 khash/s (yay!!!)
[2013-05-20 23:09:28] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:31] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:32] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:33] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:33] LONGPOLL detected new block
[2013-05-20 23:09:36] LONGPOLL detected new block
etc

Sad
legendary
Duelbits.com
New exchange https://www.cryptsy.com with yac trading too.

I'd wait for a bit though, it's pretty laggy and buggy still.
legendary
Duelbits.com
You never did anything for YAC except mining it with shitload of AWS-es (I guess it was them with a level of hashrate you had on dontmineme at times), when it was most profitable to do it and kept quiet collecting thousands of them when some of us were fighting against malicious fud here in it's worst hours, so good to see you departing from it but not really complaining as you did what you always planned to, you're just a bit disappointed someone didn't do more job for you to dump them at higher price, probably recently at 00064 as I see that big sell wall lost lot of his powe now Smiley. I hope it was you as it would mean you stopped the rise 2 days ago on your own just to sell it 20% cheaper, would be epic.

At just below 0005 they are in better hands now. I'm glad to see some at times big miners like you and fenican or few more that didn't felt it's necessary (and rightly so) to inform us about their trading activities and post-dump thoughts are out and the price is still in it's usual margins. That was always going to happen and market so far dealt with it pretty well.

I sense a lot of unnecessary hate in your post. Someone made a constructive post about YAC and you come in and just post a hate reply that seemed like a direct personal attack, nothing constructive at all here.

Take your meds dude. Your post would say you're jealous that someone knows how to mine better than you do...

You can sense what you want and put the meds you know where Smiley..

It doesn't have anything how someone mines otherwise I'd hate loads of people who are mining more than me as I mine pretty much nothing. It has more with things that yantis was one who had one of the biggest yac collections and never did anything in our attempts to build infrastructure around coin but was busy mining it despite him being someone who should be much more interested than guys with much less coins. And then after dumping has guts to come and complain about things that lack.. Well, if he activated himself some of his points, valid ones as not all of them are could be done and he, at least, could dump them for more value Wink

I exchanged PMs with him after this and told him same things. He looks like a nice guy and not like some of twats that posted stuff around but still, even for his own good in some next mining adventure, he should know it's not the way things should be done. Windmaster, showed him how it should be done and how you react to protect your investment/property. I'm just sorry I'm such a tech noob and not being able to help him to do planned stuff faster. I am trying to do the best I can with level of capabilities I have, I even tried with selling first exclusively yac payment service few days ago, not because I wanted to work on it and bank from it (I'd sell it for BTC if I wanted that) but to make things moving a bit and help to build confidence and encourage more people to do it and you guess how many big miners went it my thread to support it, even with few words if not by buying it to help building that confidence in masses? Don't guess twice.

Anyway, he's gone, I'm very happy a dump from the guy who had big mining power at times didn't cause almost any damage on the market. Such stuff is always expected to happen and it looks like buying support absorbed his and some other dumps very, very well and it's better and healthier that those coins are in many different hands than in single individual one Smiley

YAC is the only stand-out coin made recently, just little bit of support of community and it has the chance to be one of the major ones out there. Unfortunately, community still hasn't understood that completely and some coins out there with absolute 0 innovation are outperforming yac on exchanges but this thread is proof that there are some positive movements and I'm optimist it can be done. I'm surely going to be here to help with what I am able to do.
Activity: 308
Vod is a liar
You never did anything for YAC except mining it with shitload of AWS-es (I guess it was them with a level of hashrate you had on dontmineme at times), when it was most profitable to do it and kept quiet collecting thousands of them when some of us were fighting against malicious fud here in it's worst hours, so good to see you departing from it but not really complaining as you did what you always planned to, you're just a bit disappointed someone didn't do more job for you to dump them at higher price, probably recently at 00064 as I see that big sell wall lost lot of his powe now Smiley. I hope it was you as it would mean you stopped the rise 2 days ago on your own just to sell it 20% cheaper, would be epic.

At just below 0005 they are in better hands now. I'm glad to see some at times big miners like you and fenican or few more that didn't felt it's necessary (and rightly so) to inform us about their trading activities and post-dump thoughts are out and the price is still in it's usual margins. That was always going to happen and market so far dealt with it pretty well.

I sense a lot of unnecessary hate in your post. Someone made a constructive post about YAC and you come in and just post a hate reply that seemed like a direct personal attack, nothing constructive at all here.

Take your meds dude. Your post would say you're jealous that someone knows how to mine better than you do...
Jump to: