Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 44. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 809
Merit: 501
February 11, 2015, 07:16:23 PM
YAC is stuck on block 925,585? What is happening?
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
February 10, 2015, 02:18:51 PM
This is not permanent setup yet, just having fun...

http://forecast.yacoin.net
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
February 10, 2015, 04:25:41 AM
On a side note - here is another block explorer.

https://coinplorer.com/YAC
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
February 09, 2015, 05:58:07 PM
I've introduced this 'cpu coin' to several of my 'non-techy' friends who just have regular desktops (without graphics cards) and they were excited they could mine something without buying special software.  But everyone of them were 'overwhelmed' by needing to write a batch file, and downloading a miner from a forum, ignoring their anti-virus saying 'this could be a virus', and making an account on a third party website (mining pool).  Eventually they all lost interest and declared it was 'too much work' to launch everything.  Again, I believe if the miner is apart of the wallet, and they set it to launch at computer start up, it will run in the background.  And more hashrate = more security = less coins = less dumping = more interest = possible higher trading value = stronger yac economy.

Hi Yacoin community!

I strongly agree that for the average joe, it is impossible to set up mining on a regular Desktop without a very detailed description. A year ago I started mining various coins with CPU and GPU as a hobbyist and really had a very hard time back then to configure everything. Without some basic knowledge about command lines that I still had from the good old times of MS-DOS I would have been completely lost.

I agree that having the miner ready for pooled-mining within the wallet would be ideal.
Other than that, here is what other coins have done to solve this problem:

I think Diamond got it nicely with this page:
http://bit.diamonds/mining.html

And the miner of Magi Coin (another CPU-friendly coin) prompts the user to select his CPU and the mining pool. It then generates the batch file automatically.
http://coinmagi.org/files/magi-miner/OLD-low-speed/Spexx-package/2014-12-03/

I don't like Diamond and Magi Coin as currencies though, because the emission models are foolish.

At the time of the Dogecoin-Boom, there were dozens of videos launched on Youtube explaining how to mine Dogecoin. So a video showing how to mine Yacoin could also help a lot.
So these are just some ideas to get more people to mine Yacoin on their home-PCs.

I have just started mining Yacoin myself with my Intel Atom 330 CPU, a very slow CPU used for servers, but I am using it for a regular desktop. I was amazed that I could mine 2 coins in 3 hours on average. After some months that will be enough to be able to stake.
February 05, 2015, 08:11:01 PM
Would the phrase, "Stay the course," be worth anything?

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/198783-fresh-details-leak-on-intel-skylake-chipsets-processors

In June, YACoin will be the only chacha coin at NF17, which will appear to coincide nicely with Intel's next generation of chips.

aso118, I think this perspective was well said:

I truly believe we would attached more (new) miners and investors if we would have a miner directly in the wallet.  I've introduced this 'cpu coin' to several of my 'non-techy' friends who just have regular desktops (without graphics cards) and they were excited they could mine something without buying special software.  But everyone of them were 'overwhelmed' by needing to write a batch file, and downloading a miner from a forum, ignoring their anti-virus saying 'this could be a virus', and making an account on a third party website (mining pool).  Eventually they all lost interest and declared it was 'too much work' to launch everything.  Again, I believe if the miner is apart of the wallet, and they set it to launch at computer start up, it will run in the background.

The Built-In Wallet Miner Bounty is now up to 152,738 now (thanks to PoS), and I think it would be a big deal just to have in place for the near future

*Donate to the bounty by sending YACs to this address: YAA2QgGmKdzo31pg6iZBQNTF2xgRHmsVXw

I still love the economics of the coin. I imagine in a couple years, YACoin will be mined by completely different (cutting edge) hardware, which will peak the interest of new miners. At that point, I want to have a nice stash of YACoin so that I am collecting coins through PoS as fast as someone who has 10k worth of hardware dedicated to mining. But I like watching in the next couple of months for more coins to be introduced to the YAC economy for that scenario to become a reality.

NeuCoin will be coming out soon, which will be similar to Ripple in that it will be premined and distributed by a central authority. I actually think YACoin has a better chance longterm to surpass Bitcoin than NeuCoin even though Neucoin will probably be in the hundreds of millions in marketcap. I think YACoin has a better chance than Litecoin [0.0001% beats 0.0000000001% Smiley ]

Joe, you have done amazing things. It would be nice to see the previous devs that have also done a lot to contribute to another wallet release (it has been a couple months). But I completely agree that decentralization needs to be a focus, and new coders need to step up. I mean, Kracko has done a TON for UltraCoin, and he came on only a couple months ago? That coin would be completely gone without him, despite having a 'director'.

Thus, I think staying the course (hopefully some of the previous devs will step up!), and PROMOTION is the next step. I'd contribute to bounties for translations of this OP? But does that really help (Google Translate)? I messaged btc38.com (Chinese), and I think it would be great if more people did the same! Just my thoughts for now...
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
February 05, 2015, 01:58:06 PM
Next steps for Yacoin? As a community we should probably come up with a plan for the next steps that we should take with YAC.

One thing that I believe is very important is to get some language support into the client, website, etc. YAC is way too "English" at the moment. We have users all over the world and it would be great to represent that.

As mentioned in my post on the previous page, I could also use some help from some other devs. I put MANY hours in to get the code where it is but I don't really want to do it all alone.

Even if I had all the time in the world though, it goes against the principles that we have seemed to gravitate towards with YAC of having it be a 1 or 2 person show.

The current "price" has certainly discouraged some, but its not about price or exchange rate, its about furthering value of a community orientated coin that everyone can be proud of.

So... Let's come up with a plan!

I think additional language support would be a great development for YAC.  As I mentioned before, I'm not a programmer by any means, and every time I look at the sourcecode I remember how little I know.  I'm hoping some other 'programmers' are wiling to step up.  In the mean time I'm willing to help in anyway I can.

The trading value of YAC is differently a sore thumb.  But looking at all alternative coins, they are all suffering.  In the grand scheme of things, YAC has some-what been holding some what steady, but the price is still very low.  I truly believe we would attached more (new) miners and investors if we would have a miner directly in the wallet.  I've introduced this 'cpu coin' to several of my 'non-techy' friends who just have regular desktops (without graphics cards) and they were excited they could mine something without buying special software.  But everyone of them were 'overwhelmed' by needing to write a batch file, and downloading a miner from a forum, ignoring their anti-virus saying 'this could be a virus', and making an account on a third party website (mining pool).  Eventually they all lost interest and declared it was 'too much work' to launch everything.  Again, I believe if the miner is apart of the wallet, and they set it to launch at computer start up, it will run in the background.  And more hashrate = more security = less coins = less dumping = more interest = possible higher trading value = stronger yac economy.

I think Beave started a bounty for this (and I believe I through in some coins), but I don't think anyone has expressed interest on working on it.

A mobile wallet would be really nice too.  I know several uses that would be interested in this as well.

Should be make a list of development actions that needs to be done?  And place a bounty address on each?  And compile them into a list so everyone can see.  Maybe it will attract some new 'programmers'? For example...

Wallet in miner:  Bounty 12,345 yac, address y9xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile wallet: Bounty 987 yac, donation address y8xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dice Website: Bounty 123 yac, donation address y7xxxxxxxxxxxxx

What are your thoughts on this Joe and the community?
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
February 05, 2015, 11:41:44 AM
Next steps for Yacoin? As a community we should probably come up with a plan for the next steps that we should take with YAC.

One thing that I believe is very important is to get some language support into the client, website, etc. YAC is way too "English" at the moment. We have users all over the world and it would be great to represent that.

As mentioned in my post on the previous page, I could also use some help from some other devs. I put MANY hours in to get the code where it is but I don't really want to do it all alone.

Even if I had all the time in the world though, it goes against the principles that we have seemed to gravitate towards with YAC of having it be a 1 or 2 person show.

The current "price" has certainly discouraged some, but its not about price or exchange rate, its about furthering value of a community orientated coin that everyone can be proud of.

So... Let's come up with a plan!
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
January 28, 2015, 09:46:46 AM
Yeah, YAC is one of the best wallets I've ran, as far as finding nodes and peers.  There always seems to be a bunch.  Maybe it was an internet connection issue?

I don't see how since I run skype and steam and they never have the issue. Plus, I've been here asking for help. But thanks again for the advice.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
January 28, 2015, 05:10:08 AM
Yeah, YAC is one of the best wallets I've ran, as far as finding nodes and peers.  There always seems to be a bunch.  Maybe it was an internet connection issue?
January 28, 2015, 03:46:32 AM
Ok this is weird, I didn't do a single thing differently and decided to open the wallet again. So now it's connected to a few nodes and is downloading the block data.
January 28, 2015, 03:33:53 AM
Hello all, I have an issue with the wallet version 0.4.4 and it seems I couldn't get info from the main site. Then on top of this, searching is disabled here and so I need to find out if anyone has any ideas on how to get the wallet to connect to the network and begin the block data download? I'd appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

I haven't had issues with it. All of that should be done automatically and seamlessly after opening "yacoin-qt.exe"...

What operating system are you using? Are you seeing any errors?

I'm using Windows 8.1 and don't see any errors from the wallet or any windows based errors that usually popup from programs. It just sits there and doesn't connect to the YACoin network. I started it fresh from the download and it just hasn't done anything at all.
January 27, 2015, 11:50:10 PM
Hello all, I have an issue with the wallet version 0.4.4 and it seems I couldn't get info from the main site. Then on top of this, searching is disabled here and so I need to find out if anyone has any ideas on how to get the wallet to connect to the network and begin the block data download? I'd appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

I haven't had issues with it. All of that should be done automatically and seamlessly after opening "yacoin-qt.exe"...

What operating system are you using? Are you seeing any errors?
January 27, 2015, 10:19:00 PM
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
January 18, 2015, 03:53:44 AM
Can someone give me some old configuration for NF15 for GTX 750Ti and GTX 970 cards?
Thank you? Smiley
January 17, 2015, 02:57:34 AM

Now is the time to buy buy buy.

I just wish the exchanges were a little deeper in their volume...  Spending just a few dollars causes the price to double or triple.

I messaged btc38. I figure they need an alternative scrypt-chacha coin especially since YBCoin morphed? (not forked) into PoS only. There is some volume in Yuan to be had there.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
January 17, 2015, 12:06:02 AM
Risky bet, buying anything because it's cheaper than before.
It doesn't mean it won't get cheaper...define cheap?
Good luck with Yacoin though, it certainly deserves a more subtantial market cap.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
January 16, 2015, 03:41:05 PM
Someone wanted out bad! Dropped over 1 million across the exchanges at ridiculous price values. I hope for his sake he was trying to get out of crypto entirely versus jumping on the bitcoin sinking ship. I don't see the point of doing that unless you are desperate. Anyone want to admit to it on here?? ;p

LOL, if anyone wants to drop a mega-YAC (1 million YAC) at ridiculous (or even reasonable) prices, just send me a message and I'll save you all that hassle of dumping it on the exchanges.

+1

People like Warren Buffet are insanely rich because they are the type that is buying the shit out of YAC, PPC, Bitcoin, etc right now.

WHEN BTC is back in the $1,000+ again, there are going to be a lot of unhappy fearful people wishing they didn't dump everything at a low.

Now is the time to buy buy buy.

I just wish the exchanges were a little deeper in their volume...  Spending just a few dollars causes the price to double or triple.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
January 16, 2015, 03:28:54 PM
Someone wanted out bad! Dropped over 1 million across the exchanges at ridiculous price values. I hope for his sake he was trying to get out of crypto entirely versus jumping on the bitcoin sinking ship. I don't see the point of doing that unless you are desperate. Anyone want to admit to it on here?? ;p

LOL, if anyone wants to drop a mega-YAC (1 million YAC) at ridiculous (or even reasonable) prices, just send me a message and I'll save you all that hassle of dumping it on the exchanges.

+1

People like Warren Buffet are insanely rich because they are the type that is buying the shit out of YAC, PPC, Bitcoin, etc right now.

WHEN BTC is back in the $1,000+ again, there are going to be a lot of unhappy fearful people wishing they didn't dump everything at a low.
legendary
★Nitrogensports.eu★
January 16, 2015, 02:00:37 PM
Using Yacoin v0.4.4.0-g32a928e-yac-wm on Ubuntu linux.

I am having problems with -reindex operation. It does not seem to work at all.
If I delete blkindex.dat file and log file from database directory I get this error:

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22
yacoin in AppInit()

Has anyone succesfully tried this before?

I tried to used the -reindex a few months ago as well, for the 4.4 version for Windows, but I was unable to get it to work either.  I thought I made a post about it, but it may have slipped my mind.  I ended up needing to re-download the entire blockchain.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
January 16, 2015, 08:53:31 AM
Using Yacoin v0.4.4.0-g32a928e-yac-wm on Ubuntu linux.

I am having problems with -reindex operation. It does not seem to work at all.
If I delete blkindex.dat file and log file from database directory I get this error:

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22
yacoin in AppInit()

Has anyone succesfully tried this before?
Pages:
Jump to: