Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 35. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Had no orphan with my 1055t (well, I had nothing Tongue) and the wallet miner on windows 7, so i installed cpuminer on a linux mint 64, and now, got a way higher khash, but all i got was an orphan, seems like the luck isn't on my side Sad
Activity: 287
Merit: 250

Bullshit.

Check the target time per block.

If the starting difficulty has been designed to ensure the first few miners rake in blocks way faster than the target tme, then you are not witness to the fact no pre-mine happened, you are in fact participating in pre-mining.

The whole scam is to deliberately use insanely low difficulty so that in very short time a huge pre-mine will be accomplished by those few people who get in on the pre-mine.

Once the difficulty reaches target, then maybe normal mining rather than pre-mining commences.

The start difficulty should be high enough that blocks will take far LONGER than target time UNLESS many miners get in on it.

Instead though the scammers deliberately set it way too low, so that an entire massive pre-mine can take place EVEN IF plenty of miners get in on it.

By recruiting miners into the pre-mine scam, they hope to basically bribe them into colluding with them in pulling off a huge pre-mine right in front of everyone's eyes.

-MarkM-

+1!  Well said.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Yeah I agree.  We need a GUI for this baby.

Well, in fact we have a GUI for both Linux and Windows. The windows-binary posted by pocopoco is a GUI per se and on Linux you can compile it with qmake-qt4; make; and then start ./yacoin-qt. So everything's fine Cheesy

edit: also it would be nice to see the yacoin logo being adapted in the client
Activity: 106
Hi, i run the cpuminer now, and i get alot of hashes on my computers.

but how can i confirm that i actualy mining now?
when i try to use the "getmininginfo" command, the wallet return that i have 0 hashpersec.
so i am mining since the cpuminer submit hashes?

and, can someone be a saint, and send me a minimum amouth to check my wallet?
Y9z3yMkzA7MQG8de1Kv6VwQxebqJQPVhUd

Have 5 YAC

Sweet, it works, and i now declare my love for you  Kiss
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

when i try to use the "getmininginfo" command, the wallet return that i have 0 hashpersec.

Have 5 YAC
Activity: 106

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Looks like this is taking off..
Why use the GUI?  Very easy to compile and run the headless version it supports all the same capabilities via command line arguments - just run it once in the background and then run again to issue commands to get balance, send coins, get hash rate, etc...

I had no problem compiling it on one of my EC2 Ubuntu instances.  Don't think I'd want to run it on there though since the hash rate stinks and they are expensive.

I know there is no reason to run the GUI and only asked out of curiosity. I've been using yacoind all this time with no problems either; actually it's quite comfy to use. However, I think a working GUI makes yacoin more attractive to most users...

Yeah I agree.  We need a GUI for this baby.
Why use the GUI?  Very easy to compile and run the headless version it supports all the same capabilities via command line arguments - just run it once in the background and then run again to issue commands to get balance, send coins, get hash rate, etc...

I had no problem compiling it on one of my EC2 Ubuntu instances.  Don't think I'd want to run it on there though since the hash rate stinks and they are expensive.

I know there is no reason to run the GUI and only asked out of curiosity. I've been using yacoind all this time with no problems either; actually it's quite comfy to use. However, I think a working GUI makes yacoin more attractive to most users...
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505

qmake-qt4
make
make install

-.- I feel so stupid right now... Thanks for the enlightenment Cheesy
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
A lot of people are asking me about this so - for Ubuntu 12 +

Go to http://novacoin.org/install/ and follow the instructions  substitute libdb4.8++-dev for libdb5.3++-dev for Ubuntu 12.10 +

Next sudo apt-get install bitcoind to load the rest of the libs you need.

Then git clone the client. In this instance git clone https://github.com/pocopoco/yacoin.git

Edit net.cpp in yacoin/src on line 28 and change
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 8;
to
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 1000; <--- or whatever you want 200 is probably a bit more conservative Wink 

Once compiled run the client and set the yacoin.conf 

to do that run   editor /home/"YOURUSERNAME"/.yacoin/yacoin.conf and copy the rpcuser and pass that is generated on the screen

Then run the client in daemon mode.   ./yacoind -daemon -gen -addnode=82.211.30.212

Then you can run the commands from here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list
to check the state.   The only one you really need is ./yacoind getstatus   

P.S. since 82.211.30.212 is in the EU, it would help to run a VPN etc that is in or near Germany...

If you found this useful 

YJoLsK17Z78C5dndqhh5os1mKnXcnUR2qM

I am not sure if it was just me or my computer running Ubuntu 12.10, but this is the route I took thanks to all of the support I received here.
Below is the instructions step by step that I used.

# sudo apt-get install qt4-qmake libqt4-dev build-essential libboost-dev libboost-system-dev

libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-thread-dev libssl-dev libdb5.3++-

dev

# sudo apt-get install git

# sudo apt-get install bitcoind

# sudo git clone https://github.com/pocopoco/yacoin

# cd yacoin/src

# Edit net.cpp in yacoin/src on line 28 and change
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 8;
to
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 1000; <--- or whatever you want 200 is probably a

bit more conservative  

# sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev

# make -f makefile.unix

# Then run the client in daemon mode.   ./yacoind -daemon -gen -addnode=82.211.30.212

# Once compiled run the client and set the yacoin.conf  

# to do that run   editor /home/"YOURUSERNAME"/.yacoin/yacoin.conf and copy the rpcuser and pass

that is generated on the screen

# Then run the client in daemon mode.   ./yacoind -daemon -gen -addnode=82.211.30.212

Then you can run the commands from here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list
to check the state.   The only one you really need is ./yacoind getstatus  

P.S. since 82.211.30.212 is in the EU, it would help to run a VPN etc that is in or near Germany...

If you found this useful  

YJoLsK17Z78C5dndqhh5os1mKnXcnUR2qM

I'm glad it worked for you. Welcome the Linux.   Cool
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
BTW if anyone wants to have free YACs in giveaway thread from me in next 30-40 mins, welcome to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-yacoin-yac-giveaway-renewed-supply-199716  . I want to sleeeeep, but have a little time for charity now  Grin

That avatar...

Grin Suddenly found it in google and thought "It is wonderful for YAC miner"
Activity: 462
I have to move some of the park due to limitation in break-circuit size.
Will the latency of using wireless or ethernet-over-powercircuit system make an inpact on the orphant rate?

Out of the house is fiber

Not so much the latency, but rather the packet loss for wireless. I have no idea abt ethernet over power and its effects on networks.
I wouldn't trust wireless to maintain a large number of connections properly.

thats what i think of to, will investigate more on the ethernet over power.
Alternative i will have to buy a LONG tp cabel and drag trough the house (dont think that will be popular with the misses=)
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
BTW if anyone wants to have free YACs in giveaway thread from me in next 30-40 mins, welcome to https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-yacoin-yac-giveaway-renewed-supply-199716  . I want to sleeeeep, but have a little time for charity now  Grin

That avatar...

Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
Activity: 322
Supersonic
I have to move some of the park due to limitation in break-circuit size.
Will the latency of using wireless or ethernet-over-powercircuit system make an inpact on the orphant rate?

Out of the house is fiber

Not so much the latency, but rather the packet loss for wireless. I have no idea abt ethernet over power and its effects on networks.
I wouldn't trust wireless to maintain a large number of connections properly.
Activity: 335
Merit: 255
Counterparty Developer
Anyone figured out how to PoS mine with YaCoin yet?

You wait for coins to be 30 days old, then PoS rewards will appear in the wallet. You don't need to do anything special unless the wallet is encrypted. The info in NovaCoin and PPCoin should apply for that.

For newbies like me a snipet from http://novacoin.org/wiki/ :

What’s Stake or Proof-of-Stake?

Stake/Proof-of-Stake is term referring to the use of currency itself (ownership) to achieve certain goals. In NovaCoin proof-of-stake is used to provide minting and transaction processing in place of proof-of-work. Please refer to our design paper for details of this approach and our implementation.

The ‘stake’ field in the getinfo output shows the currency amount you currently staked to protect the network. This amount is subject to the holding period of 520-block maturity window before you can use it again (it would return to your balance once matured)./
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Speaking of compatibility; have you been able to compile the QT version of the linux client? No luck with Qt5 here. I think someone should try to port the yacoin client from Qt4 to 5...

I don't use GUIs as a rule, however Fairbrix has no daemon so I was forced to use the -qt for that; also in the past I have for whatever stupid-to-me reason compiled other coins' -qt, not even sure why, I guess however stupid the reason I somehow did it despite the stupidity...

qmake-qt4
make
make install

Is qt4 not available anymore for your distro?

Heck I think recently with Fairbrix I even just did qmake, hmm. Maybe there is a switch someplace that decides which version qmake runs, so that it can in some setups default to qt4?

Or maybe qt5's qmake is smart enough that if you have qt4 installed it will pass the job off to qt4?

Whatever, back in the day, when I for some reason first tried to compile a -qt version of a coin, I discovered that on Fedora the qmake (or at least the one that worked at that time for that build) was named qmake-qt4

-MarkM-
Pages:
Jump to: