Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 31. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
people should come on the linux side Smiley seems to have more support now Smiley and faster performance  Cheesy

yeah, i like linux and i should be on it... but i love to play, and i hate to use some emulator (wine) to play, cause the lower performance...

Also i only had 1 pc, these guys are rich with tons of machines to play around, and amazon instances, and some with botnets... so i'm kinda in the botton of the chain, but i'm on it!

I love this world, i'm in love with all the crypto currency idea. even if i can only get 0.00000001 of each coin i mine, i'm happy. xD

can't you run linux on vm and forget about windows host?
I can't see any problem
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
people should come on the linux side Smiley seems to have more support now Smiley and faster performance  Cheesy
not in this life.

just installed vmware with ubuntu 13.04 and tried to do the walkthrough that was provided here to compile the sources. everything went fine until i had to edit a file.
i have no admin rights and i am in the admin group. kind of remembers me of windows. but at least you can do something there. i just wanna hurt myself if i use this linux shit for a little longer.
Ha ha. Google 'sudo' bro.

as i said. linux was shit, is shit and will be shit for ever. it only has use for this coin Smiley
Activity: 819
Merit: 1000
not in this life.

just installed vmware with ubuntu 13.04 and tried to do the walkthrough that was provided here to compile the sources. everything went fine until i had to edit a file.
i have no admin rights and i am in the admin group. kind of remembers me of windows. but at least you can do something there. i just wanna hurt myself if i use this linux shit for a little longer.

to edit the config file do "nano ~/.yacoin/yacoin.conf" no admin required
legendary
Activity: 1094
Merit: 1006
not in this life.

Ha ha. Google 'sudo' bro.
Activity: 115
not in this life.

legendary
How many khash/s do you think I could get with a '1.0-1.2 GHz 2007 Opteron or 2007 Xeon processor'?
"Can I use EC2 to botnet this coin?"

Basically. Somone has to do the math.
Activity: 768

yeah, i like linux and i should be on it... but i love to play, and i hate to use some emulator (wine) to play, cause the lower performance...

Also i only had 1 pc, these guys are rich with tons of machines to play around, and amazon instances, and some with botnets... so i'm kinda in the botton of the chain, but i'm on it!

I love this world, i'm in love with all the crypto currency idea. even if i can only get 0.00000001 of each coin i mine, i'm happy. xD
Activity: 819
Guess the first ppl got cgminer running with scrypt-jane, payout rate with CPU reached "Not worth my watt"

Isn't mined with GPU's yet, but ther is a lot of people with botnets...

why are windows 64 users dumped with an inferior miner?

You can't get binaries for win 64 but you have to compile CPUMiner for that. (I tryed and failed)

Also seems that people with linux has a better performance by some tecnologies that can't be used on the windows 32 miner
(Cause there isn't any compiled for x64 windows based systems, so the miner can't use those technologies)

I'm getting hardly 40 kh/s with my phenom II x4 955 on windows and people wth lowe proc than mine can get 100 kh/s on linux, cuase the 64 version.
legendary
Activity: 1148
why are windows 64 users dumped with an inferior miner?
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
Guess the first ppl got cgminer running with scrypt-jane, payout rate with CPU reached "Not worth my watt"
Activity: 70
How many khash/s do you think I could get with a '1.0-1.2 GHz 2007 Opteron or 2007 Xeon processor'?
"Can I use EC2 to botnet this coin?"
legendary
Sy
legendary
Bounty Detective

Nevermind, stupid smart firewall is dropping "Possibly Bitcoin Miner" gotta fix that xD
Activity: 70
Sy
legendary
Bounty Detective
I don't know if the miner command has to put first -a scrypt-jane to work...

This is my config

./minerd -a scrypt-jane --threads 2 --url http://yac.dontmine.me:8080 --userpass KrLos.1:1

(2 thread for use just 50% of my quad CPU)

Code:
 ./minerd -a scrypt-jane --threads 2 --url http://yac.dontmine.me:8080 --userpass KrLos.1:1
[2013-05-10 06:33:03] 2 miner threads started, using 'scrypt-jane' algorithm.
[2013-05-10 06:33:33] HTTP request failed: Operation timed out after 30001 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
[2013-05-10 06:33:33] json_rpc_call failed, retry after 30 seconds

Strange...
Pool

http://yac.dontmine.me/

Is still beta, try it on your own risk

(i'm on it, since i have not finded any block since 16 hours ago)

Not getting any work, any ideas?

Code:
./minerd -o http://yac.dontmine.me:8080/ -u worker.1 -p x -a scrypt-jane -t 3

I don't know if the miner command has to put first -a scrypt-jane to work...

This is my config

(2 thread for use just 50% of my quad CPU)
Sy
legendary
Bounty Detective
Pool

http://yac.dontmine.me/

Is still beta, try it on your own risk

(i'm on it, since i have not finded any block since 16 hours ago)

Not getting any work, any ideas?

Code:
./minerd -o http://yac.dontmine.me:8080/ -u worker.1 -p x -a scrypt-jane -t 3
legendary
Activity: 882
is the pool working?
give me please a link to Windows-qt

link on 1 page doesn't work

it works, just copy the link and paste all the link, seems that the tag [URL-] gets broken with (!)

Windows build: mega.co.nz/#!5wgDnKyZ!QLfWTXNRMRTwmb60rfpuFgzH48BCl4fpwb8paeAaqRs
Pages:
Jump to: