Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 52. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 10
How do I mine this in Windows again?

windows you can run in CMD:
yacoin-qt.exe -gen
more information you can see in http://www.yacoin.org

Thanks, can I solo mine this while P2Pool mining Royalcoin?

maybe you can
royalcoin use " gen=0 " , then mine by GPU
and  CPU mine yacoin
Activity: 153
Merit: 100

yacoin-qt.exe -gen

YAC=CPU only
royal=GPU/CPU

So mine yac on cpu while mining royal on gpu
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

yacoin-qt.exe -gen

Edit: Some graphics. I give them away as Public Domain. I'll post a SVG if people seriusly wants to use them.

This is probably the _BEST_ logo I've seen for all cyptcoins including bitcoin.

Well done.  You are obviously talented.

Whose going to setup an official website for the most awesome YaCoin?

holy shit this was inspired by yaks

Edit: Some graphics. I give them away as Public Domain. I'll post a SVG if people seriusly wants to use them.

brother!
you have the same idea with me!
i make a site http://www.yacoin.org
but it's not good enough
maybe we can do it together!

Well done.  You are obviously talented.

I could set one up if you like?

All domains already taken lol

People holding them to sell them I guess.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

yacoin-qt.exe -gen
Activity: 65
Hello!

This is a formal announce of yacoin: yet another coin based on novacoin sources. Hash algo is changed from scrypt(1024, 1, 1) to scrypt(N, 1, 1). Parameter N increases over time making HW or GPU implementation more and more impractical (but yet possible).

Using scrypt(N, 1, 1) means that only solo cpu mining will work until someone will fork mining pool software or implement GPU miner. All existing miners (cpuminer, cgminer, reaper etc) aren't compatible. Yacoin Qt-wallet or daemon are to be used for mining.

The core idea is that we have to use and to try different hash algos to make cryptofinances more secure and stable.

Note:
Incrementing N will lead to immediate hashing speed decrease. Difficulty will reflect these speed changes (i.e. difficulty will decrease after N++) with lags. As soon as block reward depends on difficulty the reward will increase also and more miners will be motivated to join after N++.  It's not easy to predict now but we can be sure that some waves will happen on each N++ event.

Release and all details (ports, links to sources and binaries etc) will be available here in 24 hours.
No premine is planned: the blockchain I use now for testing will be deleted before release.

Technical details:

Sources: https://github.com/pocopoco/yacoin
Block each 60 seconds.
Block reward: 100 coins and depends on difficulty.
Hash: scrypt(N, 1, 1) + chacha instaed of salsa and keccak512 instead of sha256 (scrypt-jane implementation).
N depends on block.nTime and increases. Starting value is 32 (4 Kbs).
Port: 7688

We are starting 1.5 days later. Testing blockchain is thrown away and nothing is premined just now. This is right time to join.

Windows build: https://mega.co.nz/#!5wgDnKyZ!QLfWTXNRMRTwmb60rfpuFgzH48BCl4fpwb8paeAaqRs (updated with new seed node and hard checkpoint at height 15000).

Linux: please, build it yourself. This fast and much more secure than prebuild bineries. Build guide is completely the same as for Novacoin and other coins. New library (scrypt-jane) is embedded into source tree (you don't need to install it).

In order to start mining run your daemon (in linux) or your wallet with following parameters:
-gen (to turn on mining)
-genproclimit=1 (to limit number of cores used. Without this parameter it will use all CPUs/cores.)

-addnode=82.211.30.212 (this is one of my VPS that will help us to connect nodes in small network for first several weeks)
Adding seed nodes to command line isn't necessary because both IPs (I've installed second machine today - 81.17.30.114) are now hard-coded: daemon and wallet can start and connect to other peers without "-addnode". You should add seed nodes explicitly only in case of connectivity problems. Update code from git (linux) or download new binary (windows).

Finally command lines looks like:
Windows: yacoin-qt -gen -genproclimit=1
Linux: yacoin-qt -gen -genproclimit=1

Update:
In case of connectivity problems try to add seed nodes to command line: -addnode=82.211.30.212 or -addnode=81.17.30.114 . This will force daemon (and wallet) not only to ask these nodes about peer list but also try to maintain connections to them. One of these two IPs would be enougth.

20 hours of nothing mining CPU IS AMD X4 955   Grin
Y81ceuiYUMG5g9NEbAwgoVnrKaj6ZN3wpu 
nano
vim
vi
gedit
kate

all suitable replacements

(Last two only if you're running a GUI)

Also, instead of editor /home/"YOURUSERNAME"/
type

texteditor(choose from above, I.E. vim) ~/.yacoin/yacoin.conf
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
I had no luck over night with my windows i5 2500k setup, so I to switch to ubuntu to mine...
However I didn't manage to get it mining.

A lot of people are asking me about this so - for Ubuntu 12 +

Go to http://novacoin.org/install/ and follow the instructions  substitute libdb4.8++-dev for libdb5.3++-dev for Ubuntu 12.10 +

Next sudo apt-get install bitcoind to load the rest of the libs you need.

Then git clone the client. In this instance git clone https://github.com/pocopoco/yacoin.git

Edit net.cpp in yacoin/src on line 28 and change
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 8;
to
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 1000; <--- or whatever you want 200 is probably a bit more conservative Wink 

Once compiled run the client and set the yacoin.conf 

to do that run   editor /home/"YOURUSERNAME"/.yacoin/yacoin.conf and copy the rpcuser and pass that is generated on the screen

Then run the client in daemon mode.   ./yacoind -daemon -gen -addnode=82.211.30.212

Then you can run the commands from here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list
to check the state.   The only one you really need is ./yacoind getstatus   

P.S. since 82.211.30.212 is in the EU, it would help to run a VPN etc that is in or near Germany...

If you found this useful 

YJoLsK17Z78C5dndqhh5os1mKnXcnUR2qM

I tried following these instructions but I don't know how to compile it. there is no "editor /home/"YOURUSERNAME"/.yacoin/yacoin.conf"
BTW, Who wants to be the first to buy a pizza with YAC?  Grin
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I think it's being traded at 0.0005 YAC/BTC tops right now. But with how difficulty is increasing I'm not sure price will remain that low. Right now the network is minting 300 coins per minute, it's going to take a lot of days to reach coin 3 million, but we'll see after the N++ event.

Do we know when approximately N will increase ?
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I'm trying this on a headless debian box. What command would I use to start mining with just yacoind instead of yacoin-qt?
Something like:
yacoind -gen -genproclimit=-1 -daemon
Where -daemon makes it run as a daemon (duh!). You can then call "yacoind getmininginfo" and so on to check on the status :-)
I get this error:
EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22
yacoin in AppInit()

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22

I don't know of that error. Only thing I can think of is to try and back up your ~/.yacoin/wallet.dat and then delete the entire ~/.yacoin directory, as it seems to be having trouble with one of the files in there.
Any speculation on prices?

I think it's being traded at 0.0005 YAC/BTC tops right now. But with how difficulty is increasing I'm not sure price will remain that low. Right now the network is minting 300 coins per minute, it's going to take a lot of days to reach coin 3 million, but we'll see after the N++ event.

We gon' b rich
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
The cryptocoin watcher
Any speculation on prices?

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Could i get some Yacoin, if someone has many to spare, i am not getting any Sad

YMhvQNUiKCAhfs9PDu8nyb5n3mKoG7E7Y4

Thanks to generous donators Smiley

Sent you 5 YAC.
Activity: 261
Merit: 250
Could i get some Yacoin, if someone has many to spare, i am not getting any Sad

YMhvQNUiKCAhfs9PDu8nyb5n3mKoG7E7Y4

Thanks to generous donators Smiley