Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 58. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
fml
F*ck you latency! 44 orphaned blocks!

Anyone close to the nodes willing to donate?

Y9r9BeuaZrPvyiTcSEDxHWD4QaZ3AzMwHQ

I'm on the other side of the world, and I had no issues....Speed of light, is the speed of light..
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
A lot of people are asking me about this so - for Ubuntu 12 +

Go to http://novacoin.org/install/ and follow the instructions  substitute libdb4.8++-dev for libdb5.3++-dev for Ubuntu 12.10 +

Next sudo apt-get install bitcoind to load the rest of the libs you need.

Then git clone the client. In this instance git clone https://github.com/pocopoco/yacoin.git

Edit net.cpp in yacoin/src on line 28 and change
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 8;
to
static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 1000; <--- or whatever you want 200 is probably a bit more conservative Wink 

Once compiled run the client and set the yacoin.conf 

to do that run   editor /home/"YOURUSERNAME"/.yacoin/yacoin.conf and copy the rpcuser and pass that is generated on the screen

Then run the client in daemon mode.   ./yacoind -daemon -gen -addnode=82.211.30.212

Then you can run the commands from here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Original_Bitcoin_client/API_calls_list
to check the state.   The only one you really need is ./yacoind getstatus   

P.S. since 82.211.30.212 is in the EU, it would help to run a VPN etc that is in or near Germany...

If you found this useful 

YJoLsK17Z78C5dndqhh5os1mKnXcnUR2qM

Activity: 682
Merit: 500
2YAC received! Thanks!

Now gimmie moar!!!

Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
Anyone care to guess who has the lowest ping and is getting all the rewards?  Doesn't take a rocket scientist

Enjoy giving him your BTC
fml
Amazes me that 1.8 million of these were mined in like 14 seconds (slight exaggeration but not much).  Despite that, people are CUTTING IN LINE to hand those early miners, likely bot nets, their hard earned BTC.

WHY ?!?

When the coin launches, not only is the difficulty low enough, that you can potentially mine thousands of coins, in a day, when, with increased diff, you could take weeks or months to mine that much, plus, people sell it off real cheap...So, let's say you stockpile 10k of it....It debuts on an echange @ ~0.004 BTC....Do you need me to fetch you a calculator??
Activity: 215
Man, I am so bummed. I've been waiting to bring my TRS-80 back online, and all I've gotten are orphans.....omg, when I think of all the little lost children..........
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Anyway, I know this is another get rich quick-scheme, however from previous releases (FTC, CNC and BTB) I've learned that no matter how much you expose the flaws and scams from these coins, peoplre are going to still buy it.

What I learned from those releases is that you buy early when it's being heavily mined and it's "cheap", few days after everyone forgets how much of a scam the release was and the price starts going up, after a few days or weeks its price is 2x or 4x what it was on release and 1 week after that it duplicates again when it reaches an exchance.

So yea I'm stocking up on YAC

Well, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Everyone knows that the pump is going to happen, so people will try to hop onto it, creating the pump itself.

Eventually someone is going to lose a lot of money and people will start to just ignore the launches of all these random coins.  If you look at BTC-e these new random coins like ChinaCoin etc are doing much more poorly than NVC or LTC at release.

True, but self forfilling or not, it get's forfilled so I'm happy.

Secondly even china coin is going for 1.64 BTC / 1k, so that's about 50 LTC / 1k, much better than the rate we've seen for YAC so far. Prices have already increased from 13 LTC / 1k -> 20 LTC / 1K at the moment in a matter of hours.

You I saw one thread of one guy buying at 15 LTC per 1K and he got a lot of YAC and I thought he was fukin stupid for giving away his LTC... then I realized what was going on and bought at 16.5 LTC / 1K lol
Activity: 682
F*ck you latency! 44 orphaned blocks!

Anyone close to the nodes willing to donate?

Activity: 644
Amazes me that 1.8 million of these were mined in like 14 seconds (slight exaggeration but not much).  Despite that, people are CUTTING IN LINE to hand those early miners, likely bot nets, their hard earned BTC.

WHY ?!?  The crypto mania has reached a crescendo with this coin.  FTC and CHN were sketchy but this takes the cake.  CPU only.  WAT ?!
Or, you could actually take a second to realize that difficulty was so fscking low that you could solve a block with a pencil and a piece of paper

yep, that's why huge number of people with better things than pencil haven't mind anything or almost anything but orphans.

Yeah, I have a C64 and still nothing.

K.

Grin Yeah, I know, I can't help it Grin

K.
Activity: 112
Anyway, I know this is another get rich quick-scheme, however from previous releases (FTC, CNC and BTB) I've learned that no matter how much you expose the flaws and scams from these coins, peoplre are going to still buy it.

What I learned from those releases is that you buy early when it's being heavily mined and it's "cheap", few days after everyone forgets how much of a scam the release was and the price starts going up, after a few days or weeks its price is 2x or 4x what it was on release and 1 week after that it duplicates again when it reaches an exchance.

Well, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Everyone knows that the pump is going to happen, so people will try to hop onto it, creating the pump itself.

Eventually someone is going to lose a lot of money and people will start to just ignore the launches of all these random coins.  If you look at BTC-e these new random coins like ChinaCoin etc are doing much more poorly than NVC or LTC at release.

True, but self forfilling or not, it get's forfilled so I'm happy.

Secondly even china coin is going for 1.64 BTC / 1k, so that's about 50 LTC / 1k, much better than the rate we've seen for YAC so far. Prices have already increased from 13 LTC / 1k -> 20 LTC / 1K at the moment in a matter of hours.
For those of you who don't realize why there was a flood of coins, and orphaned blocks (For the mentally challenged)

DIFFICULTY LOW

BLOCK EASY TO SOLVE
EASY.

OKAY.
SO.

EASY BLOCK MEAN YOU CAN SOLVE AT SAME TIME AS SOMEONE ELSE.

DIFFICULTY SO LOW THAT MANY BLOCK FOUND IN SHORT TIME

HOWEVER

DIFFICULTY ALSO SO LOW THAT MANY BLOCK FOUND AT SAME TIME

SO ANYONE WITH LOW END PIECE OF SHIT COMPUTER CAN MINE MANY BLOCKS IN SHORT TIME SPAN

THEY ALSO MINE BLOCKS AT SAME TIME, SO MANY, MANY ORPHANS.

DIFFICULTY READJUSTING, VERY FAST NOW

SO BLOCK BECOMING HARDER TO FIND

AND REWARD DECREASING AS DIFFICULTY GET HIGHER

SO YAC GET MORE AND MORE RARE

/thread

difficulty is so low that people with lowest ping to the main nodes get the blocks /thread
fml

WHY ?!?  The crypto mania has reached a crescendo with this coin.  FTC and CHN were sketchy but this takes the cake.  CPU only.  WAT ?!
Or, you could actually take a second to realize that difficulty was so fscking low that you could solve a block with a pencil and a piece of paper

yep, that's why huge number of people with better things than pencil haven't mind anything or almost anything but orphans.

I would estimate 1, maybe 2% of miners had problems...

oh phuking really?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-yacoin-orphan-blocks-thread-199264

Dude, that's only 6 pages...And I'm sure some people posted more than once...And most of it, was user error....Something is blocking your ports....Figure it out
Activity: 153
For those of you who don't realize why there was a flood of coins, and orphaned blocks (For the mentally challenged)

DIFFICULTY LOW

BLOCK EASY TO SOLVE
EASY.

OKAY.
SO.

EASY BLOCK MEAN YOU CAN SOLVE AT SAME TIME AS SOMEONE ELSE.

DIFFICULTY SO LOW THAT MANY BLOCK FOUND IN SHORT TIME

HOWEVER

DIFFICULTY ALSO SO LOW THAT MANY BLOCK FOUND AT SAME TIME

SO ANYONE WITH LOW END PIECE OF SHIT COMPUTER CAN MINE MANY BLOCKS IN SHORT TIME SPAN

THEY ALSO MINE BLOCKS AT SAME TIME, SO MANY, MANY ORPHANS.

DIFFICULTY READJUSTING, VERY FAST NOW

SO BLOCK BECOMING HARDER TO FIND

AND REWARD DECREASING AS DIFFICULTY GET HIGHER

SO YAC GET MORE AND MORE RARE

/thread
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

oh phuking really?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/official-yacoin-orphan-blocks-thread-199264

Activity: 153

K.

Activity: 644

K.
Activity: 764

I have a Athlon 640 Propus and got my share of blocks. People just whine about being unlucky.
fml

Pages:
Jump to: