Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 62. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Did anyone find a block the last hour ?
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
Got last orphan 3 hours ago. Time to quit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Time to give up on my OpenCL version of this.
Let someone better do the job. My head is about to explode...

Will work on a better CPU version instead
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
that is probably from people who were mining without having downloaded the full block-chain.
Activity: 196
Linux running on 64cores for 2 hrs.  Nada..
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Duno whats the all fuzz, yacoin-qt on windows 7, 2500K atm 1 block per hour, had more earlier...so far in 5h ~800YAC

2.5 MHashes? Are you using Deep Blue supercomputer?

2500K is an Intel i5 CPU.

Well it seems AMD and Win are fucked somewhere. All people mining shitload of YAC use Intel and Linux.

AMD under linux is fine IMO. I have a few boxes with Phenom II x4 965 or whatevers and they worked like champs earlier on. Not as good as the Xeons though, of course.

finally got it compiled, but I'm having issues running it:

Code:
.yacoin$ YaCoin server starting

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error
CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22
yacoin in AppInit()

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  CDB() : can't open database file blkindex.dat, error 22

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Someone is messing with 50% attacks maybe? In log file I see attempts to inject huge number of consequtive blocks in blockchain, that so far didn't worked.

They might be trying to mangle the network time to further manipulate difficulty, as that's what happened when TRC implemented the per-block difficulty adjust procedure.
Activity: 644
Ok, thanks to donators Grin

I now need to upgrade from my C64 to a Commodore Amiga, anyone have one to sell?

I've got 8 Yaks, and i'm willing to throw in 2 Buffalo and a Bison to sweeten the deal.

Thanks for your consideration.

K.

Alternatively: any other donators, please feel free Grin YAC: YCitno2EtBFMzdwKMSqokMuQkiZwH2uUny
Activity: 462
Duno whats the all fuzz, yacoin-qt on windows 7, 2500K atm 1 block per hour, had more earlier...so far in 5h ~800YAC

2.5 MHashes? Are you using Deep Blue supercomputer?

2500K is an Intel i5 CPU.

Well it seems AMD and Win are fucked somewhere. All people mining shitload of YAC use Intel and Linux.

AMD under linux is fine IMO. I have a few boxes with Phenom II x4 965 or whatevers and they worked like champs earlier on. Not as good as the Xeons though, of course.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
If you want this coin I'll just fork solidcoin2 and use their hash algorithm, as it runs similar on nVidia as compared to AMD GPUs.  But it's had no cryptanalysis so it's possible the implementation is just poor and someone will figure out a faster AMD implementation eventually.

I would be interested in this. Why not make a separate topic and see public opinion? Must be other people like me around with nvidia cards that can only mine cpu coins like Yac.

Sure thing.  I'd have to check and see if I have an SC2 source kicking around somewhere.  It might be fun to make a crypto that used the MC2 reward/difficulty algorithm too.  My wife is going away for the weekend, I'll consider it.  I'll probably premine it a little before release, but I don't think it'll be a serious coin.
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
I would be interested in this. Why not make a separate topic and see public opinion? Must be other people like me around with nvidia cards that can only mine cpu coins like Yac.

Check CureCoin, I think they are talking about nvidias there.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
ok guys mining this crap is pointless now
i was mining with 3570k without results within 5 hours

please stop and let me mine alone just found a block with 45 coins.
500wh cost lol.
What software are people using? just the built in miner i yacoin-qt?
or something else. havent mined on cpu before, only gpu usage trough cgminer

Yes, the built in miner in the client - it's the only known miner at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Now all we need is a useful coin for nvidia cards too and the cryptos be set for life growth.

If you want this coin I'll just fork solidcoin2 and use their hash algorithm, as it runs similar on nVidia as compared to AMD GPUs.  But it's had no cryptanalysis so it's possible the implementation is just poor and someone will figure out a faster AMD implementation eventually.

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

It uses a modified scrypt algo, os you have to use the built-in miner, anything else won't work
Pocopoco didn't premine, he mined along with a modified cgminer, tested on testnet before launch.

Think about it... It isn't that crazy...

Source?
Activity: 462
The cryptocoin watcher
2 hours dry spell for me, ouchi. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Pocopoco didn't premine, he mined along with a modified cgminer, tested on testnet before launch.

Go help fontas with his NVC "pump", Mr. MaGNeT.

NVC is dead... Dead cat bounce...
The cryptocoin watcher

Go help fontas with his NVC "pump", Mr. MaGNeT.
Pages:
Jump to: