Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 77. (Read 346684 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I can't stop laughing at all the noobs in this thread who can't figure out how to run the client and then yell SCAM.  Or the ones who run it for 3 minutes and because they didn't mine 40,000 YAC they yell SCAM.  You guys need to calm down, go read about cryptocurrency mining, difficulty, variance/luck, solo mining caveats, and more.  I would suggest learning from the first one - Bitcoin.  You can't just come in here, download a zip file and go "OK I downloaded this ZIP thingy and I want to get rich, now what do I do?".
I'm one of these noobs and you're right. I was into mining for over a year now, but this was the first time i had to use the official client and my CPUs. It was new to me. I've learned a lot today. Next time, I will be able to help the other noobs. That's what this forum is here for, isn't it? We all started as noobs  Grin
Activity: 308
Cheers, thanks for the YAC!
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Guys, I'm not getting anything, no orphans no blocks. HOW DO YOU CHECK STATS like you would on a normal miner??

Someone please.

Help -> Debug window -> Console -> gethashespersec

I guess that's the network hashrate, but I want to find out MY hashrate?

What's the command?

On your Yacoin wallet

help, debug window, console

then type

gethashespersec
listtransactions

Now sens me a yacoin when you get one YNGQjdhWTfUhXCrahsjav496UUcJrXijNB
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
lol immature block Sad hopefully it gets to be mine Tongue
Activity: 378
Threw it in my dropbox for those having issues downloading:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40920348/yacoin-qt-2013-05-08.zip

YKaxAo3NC7TxmzKrfbhad3Y56aEs822hKV
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
1 Desktop, 2 Laptops. Nothing.

Please donate a Yacoin to YNGQjdhWTfUhXCrahsjav496UUcJrXijNB and i'll jump for joy thinking it's a whole block, but it's only one Embarrassed

Thanks to who sent me 5 yak  Kiss, I was dumb enough did think it was a block.  Embarrassed
Activity: 112
Strange thing.. I have setup port forwarding from the router and it is working ok to another computer in my network (192.168.1.3) but not to the other (192.168.1.2). Same firewall settings on both machines and no ip specific routing.

Edit: Well, it doesn't matter anymore because it isn't finding anything in either machines anymore Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
nothing in the past 3 hours, has the well dried up? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
tried to open the damn port in both router and firewall but probably done something wrong, it changed f'all , same 8 number of connections.

I have restarted wallet few times and finally got 8+ connections. Not sure where is the problem, but now wallet both accepts and connect to other nodes. No blocks mined yet.

I've reached 12 connections at most.
Activity: 336

EDIT: Anyone selling lists of IPs of nodes to add? Tongue Cheesy

Working on setting up a public node with maxconnections=1024 that is non-mining (for better responsiveness) & ssd for faster I/O.
When I succeed I'll post with IP for another -addnode those firewall-restricted people can use :-)

Nice! that'll help a lot of people.

Ok, node is up at 92.205.43.118 .
Just add another -addnode 92.205.43.118 to your start parameters.
Node is up to date with block chain and I have ~1024kbit upstream & low pings.

I suggest connecting only once you are up to date with block chain to keep my uplink free for faster responsiveness for those already connected.

Thanks! I just hooked up one of the machines to it, we'll see how it goes.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I can't stop laughing at all the noobs in this thread who can't figure out how to run the client and then yell SCAM.  Or the ones who run it for 3 minutes and because they didn't mine 40,000 YAC they yell SCAM.  You guys need to calm down, go read about cryptocurrency mining, difficulty, variance/luck, solo mining caveats, and more.  I would suggest learning from the first one - Bitcoin.  You can't just come in here, download a zip file and go "OK I downloaded this ZIP thingy and I want to get rich, now what do I do?".
Activity: 70
How is this different than mincoin's early miner unfairness? The earliest blocks were:
1) Faster (no surprise here)
2) Worth more coins

As it gets harder to find blocks, the blocks are worth less coins, so the later you start mining the more difficult it is to get anything. Am I missing something?
Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
For those getting lots of orphans, setting up your port forwarding for port 7688 should fix it, soon as i got my 'number of connections' from 8 to 60 or so most of the blocks i mine become confirmed. and im now up to over 1100 yak coins

How to do it on win7 with a wifi router?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
My hashes is are jumping around, sometime I'm at 40k plus, sometimes 200k plus.
clu
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Perhaps this is a help to some of the "I can't mine/this coin is scam"-posters: I had the problem that
the mining didn't work anymore after ancrypting my wallet. So I build my encrypted wallet on another PC
and mined with an unencrypted wallet on my main machine, sending the YaCs from one wallet to another.

I'm not sure if this is true for everyone or a general solution and would be happy if someone can test
and reply whether this solved the problem (preferably someone with no results yet). Perhaps I'm too noob
to understand single mining and there is a way to get this working with an encrypted wallet.  In this case
I would be happy about the solution for single mining. Smiley

If it IS the solution for one of you, please spread the word about this. You may even thank me by
sending a few YaCs.

Clu

P.S.: Clus YaCs are here Y7Cx4B2FP4q7u93koB9NG8T4XE8QoBXZqU,
his LTCs here LhE91EqRSSr5GQBbK29MvUEpBDeJvL6QKk

P.P.S.:i received two YaC donations, thanks a lot!
Activity: 84
Guys, I'm not getting anything, no orphans no blocks. HOW DO YOU CHECK STATS like you would on a normal miner??

Someone please.

What's the command?

no, it's your hashrate

its in hashes/s => 154471 = 154kH/s
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

EDIT: Anyone selling lists of IPs of nodes to add? Tongue Cheesy

Working on setting up a public node with maxconnections=1024 that is non-mining (for better responsiveness) & ssd for faster I/O.
When I succeed I'll post with IP for another -addnode those firewall-restricted people can use :-)

Nice! that'll help a lot of people.

Ok, node is up at 92.205.43.118 .
Just add another -addnode 92.205.43.118 to your start parameters.
Node is up to date with block chain and I have ~1024kbit upstream & low pings.

I suggest connecting only once you are up to date with block chain to keep my uplink free for faster responsiveness for those already connected.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Who's got the GPU miner? Shocked I need it too.
I'm not getting anything anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com

Someone please.

What's the command?

no, it's your hashrate
Activity: 116
at 50kh/s how long should it take for a block? Thanks

Let´s me see... NEVER. With more than 200khs and 7 hours mining lets guest how muchs blocks i take? NONE.
Got one after 30 mins  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: