Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 83. (Read 346684 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Hmm, behind someone else's firewall... opened port 7688 here, but that would just allow incoming/outgoing until it get's to the outside firewall, so still only 8 connections.  Any way to up the default connections?

Try -maxconnections= , I don't know if that will over-ride the 8 limit for nodes without incoming or not. So try the experiment and let us know whether it does or not.

( = some number, that is, not = whitespace character(s)).

-MarkM-
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Hmm, behind someone else's firewall... opened port 7688 here, but that would just allow incoming/outgoing until it get's to the outside firewall, so still only 8 connections.  Any way to up the default connections?

Pretty sure default max connections is 125
Activity: 764
Merit: 500
This altcoin has gotten more attention than any other before it. 30 pages more attention.

Donate!!!

I think it's because its just most complicated to mine and stuff. I know when it first came out a ton couldn't figure out how to run it.
Activity: 336

Aha, so you DO have external mining programs!?!?!?! Caught with hand in cookie jar!

We peons only have the reference clients to mine for us, remember? The ones with wallets and mining code?

-MarkM-

good point. i want this mining program...
It sucks...I'm mining with 9 CPUs and all i get are orphans -.-
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
This altcoin has gotten more attention than any other before it. 30 pages more attention.

Donate!!!
legendary
how you guys getting more connections? I only have 8....

open port 7688 on your router and forward it

I'm mining on 4 different PCs on the same LAN. How am I going to forward the port to all PCs? Is it possible to configure YaCoin to use a different port on each PC?

You only need to open the port on the computer which is hosting the client. Don't worry about forwarding the port for the mining computers, just the computer with the wallet.

Aha, so you DO have external mining programs!?!?!?! Caught with hand in cookie jar!

We peons only have the reference clients to mine for us, remember? The ones with wallets and mining code?

-MarkM-
Activity: 308
10 orphans 0 blocks Cheesy
Activity: 158
Wasn't it supposed to be 1block/minute? We are at block 176xx (appearing faster than I can post), so shouldn't the algorithm slowly start to adapt difficulty more harshly?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Orphans, orphans everywhere - not a single one to adopt.

I was initially getting the mined symbol and then they quickly became orphaned - now not even that.

Please drop a few in my bowl Sad

YDhLoUKkTTnbF784wi41MM9nTyrsHndXkb
Activity: 158
DMZ is a security risk AFAIK?

You do have a firewall, don't you?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Just got 7 block in 15 minutes Shocked Sorry guys  Embarrassed

7 orphans more to us Smiley
legendary

I'm mining on 4 different PCs on the same LAN. How am I going to forward the port to all PCs? Is it possible to configure YaCoin to use a different port on each PC?

Use -addnode to add the machine the router routes the port to to the other nodes' list of nodes to connect to.

They all will thus have direct LAN connection to the one that has the many external connections.

-MarkM-

Thanks for the tip! Will the other computers get 8+ connections as well? Or will they still show 8, but are connected through the computer that has 8+ connections?

Hmm not sure if the -addnode counts against their eight. I have seen 9 despite supposed limit of 8 sometimes so maybe it doesn't.

Since I too don't have direct control of my router at home (the landlord has it) I sometimes use -maxconnections 9 to limit the number when running a coin I did once upon a time get the landlord to route but no longer want too many connections for here at home now I have machines out on the net.

So maybe if you do see only 8 counting the -addnode, try raising -maxconnections.

Heck try raising it anyway even if your port cannot be routed to allow incoming connections. Maybe a high -maxconnections will let you do more than 8 outgoing despite no incomings. Worth a try.

-MarkM-
Activity: 812
I <3 VW Beetles
Just got 7 block in 15 minutes Shocked Sorry guys  Embarrassed
Are you serious bro?
Some people will be mad pissed at you...

Well I am also pissed, but only been running 45 minutes and 1 orphan, 0 blocks...
Rave - they are probably orphans.  Go to your debug console and type "listtransactions"
jep, all of them are orphans....why? god damn...
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitbuy

You only need to open the port on the computer which is hosting the client. Don't worry about forwarding the port for the mining computers, just the computer with the wallet.

That's how I do it with other coins, but with this one, you are forced to use a wallet to mine on each computer.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Orphan rate is dropping for me.
Activity: 126
Ok. I ran this 30 minutes after launch. Was the first person ever to post a YAC address  Tongue

10 hours and no block confirmed !!! I am the unluckiest man on earth?  Huh  Cry Cry Cry

this is unfair, dude  Sad
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Just got 7 block in 15 minutes Shocked Sorry guys  Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: