Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now. - page 84. (Read 346684 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
YAC is really fast to confirm!  I am loving it.  Great design so far!
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
Rave - they are probably orphans.  Go to your debug console and type "listtransactions"
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
how you guys getting more connections? I only have 8....

open port 7688 on your router and forward it

I'm mining on 4 different PCs on the same LAN. How am I going to forward the port to all PCs? Is it possible to configure YaCoin to use a different port on each PC?

You only need to open the port on the computer which is hosting the client. Don't worry about forwarding the port for the mining computers, just the computer with the wallet.
Activity: 336
My client is synced, it says that I've had 8 incoming transactions....but even my unconfirmed balance is still 0.00 YAC....why?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitbuy

I'm mining on 4 different PCs on the same LAN. How am I going to forward the port to all PCs? Is it possible to configure YaCoin to use a different port on each PC?

Use -addnode to add the machine the router routes the port to to the other nodes' list of nodes to connect to.

They all will thus have direct LAN connection to the one that has the many external connections.

-MarkM-

Thanks for the tip! Will the other computers get 8+ connections as well? Or will they still show 8, but are connected through the computer that has 8+ connections?
Activity: 420
I'm going to make a fortune in welfare checks off of all these orphans.
Activity: 336
what port?

Are you kidding? Who would give out such sensitive information at such a crucial moment in history?!?!?!

The magic number 7688^H^H^H^H is a closely guarded secret of the source code and maybe the "apropos port" command!

If the original post didn't say, let that be a hint how secret it is!

Are you a Master Mason? Maybe if you are a Master Mason you can get that info "on the level" from your lodge?

-MarkM-

EDIT: Darn, the ^H backspace is broken! Papist plot or those &@#% Illuminati no doubt! Fnord!

Haha. You crack me up. Guess that will teach me to read the first post more carefully. I've not had to do this with any other coin...
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
Ok. I ran this 30 minutes after launch. Was the first person ever to post a YAC address  Tongue

10 hours and no block confirmed !!! I am the unluckiest man on earth?  Huh  Cry Cry Cry

How many connections? And any crop circles appearing on your lawn yet?

-MarkM-
Bitbuy
Just put your computer in the DMZ and never have problems again. lol

I'm about to open an orphanarium, anyone want to send me more orphans?

DMZ is a security risk AFAIK?
Activity: 452
Merit: 252
from democracy to self-rule.
Ok. I ran this 30 minutes after launch. Was the first person ever to post a YAC address  Tongue

10 hours and no block confirmed !!! I am the unluckiest man on earth?  Huh  Cry Cry Cry
legendary

Use -addnode to add the machine the router routes the port to to the other nodes' list of nodes to connect to.

They all will thus have direct LAN connection to the one that has the many external connections.

-MarkM-
Bitbuy
The windows binaries are compiled with UPNP support disabled Sad

Use the Source, Luke! Tongue

-MarkM-

EDIT: Merely disabled, as in, not on by default? Or not compiled in? If compiled in, enable/disable is just a toggle...

(Builder gets to choose, if compiling it in, whether it is on/enabled by default or off/disabled by default. Check commmandline, config file, and maybe even GUI options/toggles...)

Not compiled in. The option is greyed out.
Activity: 768
Merit: 1000
4 hours running, nothing found...
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I <3 VW Beetles
LOL,
30 minutes @ 80kh/s = 1 orphan, 0 accepts.

Anyone feeling happy today and send me something?
YKiLACHZbe5M3VPAAfsTqpRE4LHvt3Mnry
Also to ensure that my client is configured correctly...
Activity: 420
Just put your computer in the DMZ and never have problems again. lol

I'm about to open an orphanarium, anyone want to send me more orphans?
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
9 orphans so far in 2 hrs. 0 blocks.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10

-MarkM-

EDIT: Merely disabled, as in, not on by default? Or not compiled in? If compiled in, enable/disable is just a toggle...

I will try to compile the source for windows, but to promises, I'm a windows n00b  Roll Eyes
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
Getting lots of connections now that I'm forwarding 7688.  Hopefully I'll get a block sometime today.

Using the original windows client so I don't think any recompile is needed to accept incoming
legendary

-MarkM-

(Builder gets to choose, if compiling it in, whether it is on/enabled by default or off/disabled by default. Check commmandline, config file, and maybe even GUI options/toggles...)
Pages:
Jump to: