Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ZEN] ZENCASH: Permanent, Distributed, and Fully Anonymous cryptocurrency - page 3. (Read 243318 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
Explorer looking good, Campaign looking good, only the price is problematic, miners will dump and dump while they do not get good reason to hold their coins. There are no much coins which have master nodes, use you this opportunity! If you don't know how, just copy proven good working system like Dash. I'm talking about concept.

Agree, 120k coins on the market is way too much. Need more than 42 ZEN for a node.

Secure nodes ARE NOT masternodes.  It's a different model and is meant to encourage MORE people running nodes in order to decentralize and distribute network security more broadly.
Activity: 54
Merit: 0
I see a lot of potential, right now i am a happy investor, the masternode implementation will be amazing!
And the coin succesfully has been forked, i see a great growth.
Activity: 273
Merit: 12
Is there an issue with Eleos Wallet again? Was sent more payments to my wallet from mining and no payments have been received since over 12 hours ago. 11AM GMT-07.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
What is the API url for the block explorer?  The standard Insight API url as per the documentation does not work.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Past block 139200 ! Hard Fork went smooth, without no issues

Activity: 589
Merit: 502
New official explorer

https://explorer.zensystem.io/

Good news to hear it has all these coming up very quickly.

Just wish everything in the world worked so precise and on the clock like this one has.

Mighty impressed with the zencash development team of programmers getting this all done in a timely order.

Well done!
Activity: 89
Merit: 1
how do i set up masternode? i have never done any mining or anything like that so completely clueless sadly, but i have enough ZEN so i feel like i should try. help pls Grin

https://blockoperations.com/build-zencash-secure-node-part-1-prepare-vps/
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
how do i set up masternode? i have never done any mining or anything like that so completely clueless sadly, but i have enough ZEN so i feel like i should try. help pls Grin

Step 1. Wait until masternodes are implemented.

Come back later for the rest.

lol alright, thanks Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 253

Step 1. Wait until masternodes are implemented.

Come back later for the rest.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
Explorer looking good, Campaign looking good, only the price is problematic, miners will dump and dump while they do not get good reason to hold their coins. There are no much coins which have master nodes, use you this opportunity! If you don't know how, just copy proven good working system like Dash. I'm talking about concept.

Agree, 120k coins on the market is way too much. Need more than 42 ZEN for a node.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
I would suggest increasing the masternode rewards to around 20%, that would assure you have enough to run instant transactions and such. Just my 2 cents. I also don't think masternodes should have exclusive voting rights. 2 problems with Dash are the ASICs which zen doesn't have and you need a 1000 Dash to vote, I think the voting bar should be lower than the masternode bar, that prevents a small group from voting their own self-interest.

In the end, if Dash doesn't work out these two major weaknesses, someone is going to make a superior clone and steal their thunder.
Good point! And when you rethink about this, small rewards for secure nodes plus it will be required good computing power..Now i think it would be wise to increase this reward maybe not like DASH but 20% would be very nice. Also number of coins necesry for one node shoud be much greter..at lest 10x.  Nodes should be very profitable, and only then you will see shrinking of supply, and increasing demand. Someone should do math.

Good voting system is requered, maybe we should talk more about this?
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
I would suggest increasing the masternode rewards to around 20%, that would assure you have enough to run instant transactions and such. Just my 2 cents. I also don't think masternodes should have exclusive voting rights. 2 problems with Dash are the ASICs which zen doesn't have and you need a 1000 Dash to vote, I think the voting bar should be lower than the masternode bar, that prevents a small group from voting their own self-interest.

In the end, if Dash doesn't work out these two major weaknesses, someone is going to make a superior clone and steal their thunder.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Will there be anything stopping you running mutiple secure nodes on different devices does anyone know?
Activity: 1216
Merit: 333
dev team are the same people who did zclassic and quit doing at half of the road? correct me if I'm wrong

can anyone answer? thanks

You must know the history ..

Start by reading the two interviews in the historical order:

https://block-chain-invest.com/exclusive-interview-zclassic/

https://block-chain-invest.com/exclusive-interview-zen/
Activity: 306
Merit: 100
dev team are the same people who did zclassic and quit doing at half of the road? correct me if I'm wrong

can anyone answer? thanks
Activity: 113
Merit: 29
Am a little bit skeptical here, Please what is the difference between zchash and zencash? I have some few zcash on bittrex and I need to know if it necessary for me to convert/sell it fo zencash

No, they're two different coins.

ZEC (ZCash) --> Forked to ZCL (ZClassic) --> Forked to ZEN (ZENcash)
Sorry to say, am finding it a bit complicated to fully understand what  zencash is actually all about! although I love the project, but i will need to do my own research about zencash for better understand. Does zencash has wiki? If yes, can I have a link to it?
Thanks and best regards.

Good point!. Here's the TL;DR
Start out as a copy of Zcash, with funding model like Dash (8.5% of block reward to a treasury)
Treasury funds used for development, marketing, partnerships (like hardware wallets)
Usability with many different wallets
Build on the secure memo feature of Zcash to add more secure messaging options
Integrate secure messaging with IPFS for anonymous publishing and group notification (on roadmap)
Internationalization for worldwide use
Community governance (not yet rolled out)
Secure Nodes (42 Zen each, share 3.5% of block reward) - add reliability and encryption to nodes

Secure nodes are not yet implemented. They are not designed to tie up Zen like a masternode, and probably will not be a big moneymaker for the secure node operators.

So, 88% of rewards go to miners, 3.5% to secure node operators, 8.5% to treasury for making Zen better.
How can I become a masternode operator? I understand it isn't implemented yet, but will I just need a certain amount of zen to qualify or will I have to sign up?

Pages:
Jump to: