Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ZEN] ZENCASH: Permanent, Distributed, and Fully Anonymous cryptocurrency - page 8. (Read 243318 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Hi, got another problem I've noticed I downloaded version 0.0.5 ( but directory says 0.0.8 ? ) so I've downloaded again, exported wallet to .tar and deleted as said in the github the directories, now if I try to load my wallet I got this error http://imgur.com/a/jQwvY what's the problem?

[edit] just replaced wallet.dat manually and all works again, import function seems broken Huh
Activity: 650
Merit: 502
any one here mining this coin? which is better zenmine or suprnva?
I'm mining on suprnova and i'm quite satisfied, i think those are minor differences, not so important.
So what's the community funding? Is that like the Dash treasury?

From their Blog:

"Our goal is to decentralize sooner rather than later, and part of that is creating a community organization that’s above any individual. Meet the Zen Blockchain Foundation, a Delaware-based nonprofit corporation formed last week.

The Board of Directors for the nonprofit are those we formerly launched as being part of either the Core Team or the DAO officers: yours truly (Robert Viglione), Rolf Versluis, Jane Lippencott, Steven Nerayoff, and Carlo Vicari. These are founders and those with deep experience building cryptocurrencies from the ground up.

Community funds will flow through the nonprofit so there’s a formal entity instead of individuals handling resources, and the entity will have authority to enter into contracts using those resources. Now we can actually start hiring people and paying them for their hard work."
In short, projects without fundings are not serious projects and will depend on donations or self funding which is irrational. I had chance to talk with team and only i can tell you they are very profesional, and preparing many good things.
This is best type of fund collecting, slow but fair, and cannot compare to ICO or Premine, where risk is thrown on investors.

That's good to hear.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
I'm mining on suprnova and i'm quite satisfied, i think those are minor differences, not so important.

From their Blog:

"Our goal is to decentralize sooner rather than later, and part of that is creating a community organization that’s above any individual. Meet the Zen Blockchain Foundation, a Delaware-based nonprofit corporation formed last week.

The Board of Directors for the nonprofit are those we formerly launched as being part of either the Core Team or the DAO officers: yours truly (Robert Viglione), Rolf Versluis, Jane Lippencott, Steven Nerayoff, and Carlo Vicari. These are founders and those with deep experience building cryptocurrencies from the ground up.

Community funds will flow through the nonprofit so there’s a formal entity instead of individuals handling resources, and the entity will have authority to enter into contracts using those resources. Now we can actually start hiring people and paying them for their hard work."
In short, projects without fundings are not serious projects and will depend on donations or self funding which is irrational. I had chance to talk with team and only i can tell you they are very profesional, and preparing many good things.
This is best type of fund collecting, slow but fair, and cannot compare to ICO or Premine, where risk is thrown on investors.
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Activity: 4

if you had to pick one, I would go with zenmine. suprnova has way too much of the nethash.

I'm personally a fan of luckpool with its miner jackpot though
I am on zenmine and i dont have problems with payouts.
Which method of payment is the best..currently on PPLNS ?(im new to mining)

which miner are you using? I'm using ewbf
I am on zenmine and i dont have problems with payouts.
Which method of payment is the best..currently on PPLNS ?(im new to mining)
Thanks very much to all for replies Tongue I've tried switch from miningspeed to suprnova and in 9h I got a balance 1.43743887 zen  Wink
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Hi there, I've got a noob dumb question, I got round 3.23 KSol/s, I joined a pool today started mining this coin. After like 12h I only got a balance about 0,62 zen when whattomine calculated about 4.570694 zen in 24/h with that hashrate so what's wrong?

12hrs isn't really enough to figure out a proper average IMO, luck is going to have a huge influence on that (and will have an influence even when averaging over longer periods as the calculator has no idea what your pools luck is) and if its a PPLNS pool that will also have an affect on such a short run too.
Activity: 306
Activity: 223
Merit: 105
Utrum OOT

From their Blog:

Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Hi there, I've got a noob dumb question, I got round 3.23 KSol/s, I joined a pool today started mining this coin. After like 12h I only got a balance about 0,62 zen when whattomine calculated about 4.570694 zen in 24/h with that hashrate so what's wrong?

1000 sols should net around 1.5 coins  per day

Something is wrong with that pool, or just some really bad luck
Activity: 873
Merit: 268

whattomine is broken, calculation are just estimates.

Edit: which pool by the way? some pool wait for blocks to mature so it could be a while before you see correct balance.
Wallets are online now on bittrex and iv recived all my coins . Very good
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
Activity: 798
Merit: 252
Insane In The Blockchain ⚠
120600 was 3 weeks ago, why only now?
Activity: 112
will we get unpaind (mined) coin in our wallet when bittrex is finix, because im missin few and if we dont, ill start mining something else.

That's just it, it's not bittrex. It looks like the coin devs are fixing a "replayed transaction" issue, so my question is how long do the devs expect it will take before they indicate to exchanges it's okay to bring wallets back online.

"ZenCash (ZEN) suffered 26 replayed transactions within the range of blocks 110,002 to 120,600, after which code updates ended the threat."
will we get unpaind (mined) coin in our wallet when bittrex is finix, because im missin few and if we dont, ill start mining something else.
Activity: 87
https://blog.zensystem.io/reconciling-replays-and-reimbursing-victims/

Reconciling Replays and Reimbursing Victims

finpunk community support, news   replay attack, zen, ZenCash   0

One of the biggest challenges in doing a chain split is to protect against replay attacks, which are transactions on one chain being maliciously or fraudulently replayed on another blockchain. Blockchain splits leave two chains that are similar enough to each other to face this issue.

ZenCash (ZEN) suffered 26 replayed transactions within the range of blocks 110,002 to 120,600, after which code updates ended the threat.

We take this very seriously and find it unacceptable that users suffered losses to either mistake or malicious attack, therefore we’re reimbursing all known victims.
Here’s What You Need to Do

If you believe you’re a victim of one of these replayed Tx, please do the following:

Amount lost, ZenCash address, and txid(s) if you have it.
    Sign and broadcast a message from the victimized address and send me the message and hash output so I can verify, or
    Send a small amount from the victimized address to znmnQvkytYdVp9GqGCtbDeFxy2uf5AcXR4k

In either case, send the information to me at [email protected]. Note that if you choose to sign a message from the address, you do not need to send any funds from it to prove it’s yours.
How to Sign a Message on ZenCash

From the command line you can use the signmessageRPC command:

./zen-cli signmessage "address" "message"

The message can be anything you want, but I have a preference for cool things such as “I heart Zen”. Here’s an example:

./zen-cli signmessage "znmnQvkytYdVp9GqGCtbDeFxy2uf5AcXR4k" "I heart Zen"
IKIu0911DxilC2Vl58PkuE0AuF1VUN12Y5ewrZIkaprzFshdd8ukJuBlYtIaxiWTGC+Y4QVSQIWfSqHw2NNvMK0=

I’ll need all of the information above to verify that you are, in fact, the owner of the victimized address. This means I need the address, your message exactly as input, and the hash output.
Resolution

As soon as we can verify that you are the owner of one of the victimized addresses, we will disburse funds within 24 hours. Our deepest apologies to anyone who suffered loss, but we are committed to supporting our community through the good times and the bad!
Pages:
Jump to: