Pages:
Author

Topic: Anonymity - page 5. (Read 4731 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
KryptKoin is one of the best!!!
August 05, 2014, 08:05:28 AM
Monero offers unparalleled priquidity.  I made that up.  I'm proud of it.  (privacy * liquidity) = priquidity.  I also haven't slept in too darn long.

That's a good word: priquidity. If you say it somewhere, people will think you are an expert.
Btw, I'm just studying about Monero.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Credits CRD 1st Decentralized Exchange coin
August 05, 2014, 06:13:31 AM
Credits CRD will be the most safe and secure way to go it also will have an integrated decentralized exchange
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-credits-crd-with-20-decentralized-exchangeanonmarketmore-peak-july-2nd-634403

Video to upcoming 2.0 version http://vimeo.com/100148381

One of the bitcointalk ads says:
"Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing."

In your opinion, which coin really has anonymous transaction? Is total anonymity possible at all?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029
Sine secretum non libertas
August 05, 2014, 03:48:09 AM
Monero offers unparalleled priquidity.  I made that up.  I'm proud of it.  (privacy * liquidity) = priquidity.  I also haven't slept in too darn long.
August 05, 2014, 03:01:18 AM
It's well known that Monero (the largest CryptoNote-based coin) provides cryptographically unlinkable and untraceable transactions, a trait it shares with all of the CryptoNote-based coins.

One of the points that is often not mentioned with the Bitcoin-forked altcoins that claim anonymous transactions is that you have to give out your recipient address to receive coins. The process in-between may protect the sender, but if the receiver's address is found (eg. mentioned on a forum or on IRC once) the receiver is at-risk, since it can be seen that they received a transaction of a certain amount.

I'm not familiar with CryptoNote-based coins. I should search about it.

Certainly the second point you mentioned is true.
August 05, 2014, 02:58:57 AM
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
August 04, 2014, 02:25:44 PM
It's well known that Monero (the largest CryptoNote-based coin) provides cryptographically unlinkable and untraceable transactions, a trait it shares with all of the CryptoNote-based coins.

One of the points that is often not mentioned with the Bitcoin-forked altcoins that claim anonymous transactions is that you have to give out your recipient address to receive coins. The process in-between may protect the sender, but if the receiver's address is found (eg. mentioned on a forum or on IRC once) the receiver is at-risk, since it can be seen that they received a transaction of a certain amount.
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
August 04, 2014, 12:57:06 PM
One of the bitcointalk ads says:
"Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing."

In your opinion, which coin really has anonymous transaction? Is total anonymity possible at all?
Pages:
Jump to: