Pages:
Author

Topic: Anonymity, Security and Privacy: Anonymous Cryptocurrency Enhancement Comparsion - page 5. (Read 2974 times)

Activity: 204
Merit: 100
ZenCash doesn't have "mixing masternodes".  Nodes will use regular TLS for end-to-end security so the indication belongs under "Protection".  It does little good to have inter-node traffic for zk-snarks, mixing or hiding completely transparent and sniffable.  The NSA hardly has a problem inferring and reconstructing origins and destinations with that kind of publically-available data.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
Good job!this chart is amazing i can recognize which coin is better,my bet in new privacy coins would be XSPEC!
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Just thanking again SafeCoins for this amazing work!
Activity: 364
Merit: 19
2018 will be very interesting for private/anonymous coins.  I intend to keep this updated and improve on it, so please let me know if you have suggestions/feedback/corrections.

Your chart heading is cut off.  Looks like a bunch of duplicate columns which I'm sure isn't the intent.

Good catch, thanks!  fixed
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
2018 will be very interesting for private/anonymous coins.  I intend to keep this updated and improve on it, so please let me know if you have suggestions/feedback/corrections.

Your chart heading is cut off.  Looks like a bunch of duplicate columns which I'm sure isn't the intent.
Activity: 41
I don't know if somebody already suggest BitcoinZ (BTCZ).
https://btcz.rocks/en/
Activity: 160
Damn, thanks for your effort
Grteat chart.. Grin
Activity: 182
XSPEC is my new bet to the new privacy coins,it is a good project to invest in and the developers are active.

SafeCoin, Lux (https://luxcore.io/features.php) uses Coinjoin, just like Dash. An easy add to your list.

Good work on this, really useful to have a complete list of anon coins.

Added!  Interesting new coin, thank you Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
For clarification sake, Cloak's ENIGMA is used to perform off-chain P2P mixing, which is potentially better than on-chain RingCT, because there is not even a blockchain group to tie the identity of the transaction to. Cloak also does not use masternodes, however a user needs to hold a minimum 100 CLOAK to obtain the reward from PoSA 3.0.
unless i missed something i could have swore there was no minimum requirement of cloak you need to hold to get the 6% annually.
Activity: 7

SafeCoin, Lux (https://luxcore.io/features.php) uses Coinjoin, just like Dash. An easy add to your list.

Good work on this, really useful to have a complete list of anon coins.
Activity: 226
No problem and thank you for your research! Makes me learn a couple of things about other coins as well  Grin
Glad to be of help! As for your 2 questions:

1) ZkSnarks are not on the roadmap for the foreseeable future, but not necessarily thrown out of the window neither. Our agnostic approach to development means the Particl platform is easy to upgrade and integrate various protocols to it. But to be short, not on the roadmap.

2) If a situation happens where we must choose between delaying the release of a product or temporarily disable privacy features (or establish temporary measures that reduce decentralization), we would never hesitate and we would delay the product. We have in our mission to never make any compromise in terms of privacy and decentralization. These two values are at the absolute core of our project, and is the reason why our RingCT protocol and platform code is currently under review and testing at the NJIT University Department of Technology. Everyone in the team is on the same beat on this one, privacy and decentralization is in our DNA and is the most important aspect of our project bar none! I guess we could say that in that regards, we are privacy and crypto purists.

EDIT: As for being contributors in the privacy space, we are discussing ways we could help projects like the EFF, Tor Project, TAILS, Qubes, and etc using our Proof-of-Stake mechanism/incentivized nodes. We also have a community that cares a lot about these issues, so going forward we hope to use our platform to help better the security and privacy world Smiley

Great answers, and very helpful cryptoguard.   Thank you very much for the contributions and insight, I really appreciate it!
Activity: 280
Merit: 252
For clarification sake, Cloak's ENIGMA is used to perform off-chain P2P mixing, which is potentially better than on-chain RingCT, because there is not even a blockchain group to tie the identity of the transaction to. Cloak also does not use masternodes, however a user needs to hold a minimum 100 CLOAK to obtain the reward from PoSA 3.0.

Perfect, thank you very much Brian, that's really helpful.   "Offchain Mixing" is something people can google to educate themselves.  Thus, Cloakcoin has their own "Offchain Mixing" column now Smiley

And thank you to TSVHoff as well for getting the developer comments, I really appreciate it.

My apologies for any confusion, I really hope this helps.  Please have a look and let me know what you think.
Sure. Thanks again for doing the legwork on all of this. I've wanted to do a summary on all the major coins for a long time, but never had the time. Hear about "new" privacy coins everyday, but had no idea there were so many. This helps separate the winners from the losers. Will keep checking this to see where things stand.
Activity: 226
Hey SafeCoins!

I am lead community manager and writer at the Particl Project. We are aware information about our project currently is all over the place. We are redesigning our website from scratch to include all the information about the project and it should be ready in a just a few weeks. In the meantime, I can fill you in with the information as it relates to the image you posted in your OP (the spreadsheet):

Mixing/Ring Signatures: RingCT + CT
Mixing/Multisignature Transactions: Yes
Mixing/Atomic Swaps: Yes
Hiding/Tor Integration: Optional
Hiding/Stealth Address: Yes
Hiding/Encrypted Messaging: Yes
Protection/Quantum Resistance: Yes
Protetion/POS: PPoS (improved from PoS3)

If you want more in-depth information about the nature of our privacy coin and platform, you can either read my Particl articles at decentralize.today/@cryptoguard or contact me and I will be happy to help you in any way I can.

Particl In A Nutshell (9min read) https://decentralize.today/particl-in-a-nutshell-6dd9ecc97d27
In-Depth Presentation (55min read)  https://decentralize.today/in-depth-presentation-of-the-particl-project-b3a41923a07e
Cold Staking (8min read) https://decentralize.today/particls-10th-of-november-hardfork-cold-staking-quantum-resistance-a083ef3913cc

For the purpose of this thread, here is a quick crash course about the privacy features of our project (sorry for the bold words, I just want to make it easy for people to quickly read through):

Our vision:
We strongly believe that the best way to make a coin valuable is to have a strong ecosytem and economy built around it so that users can easily use and spend their coins without having to cash out back to fiat. This is why we are building the Particl platform; a full-blown decentralized and privacy ecosystem built directly into our GUI wallet which also works with almost any other cryptocurrency while still preserving total anonymity. This privacy platform will provide many services to all crypto communities such as a marketplace, a messaging system, and in the future many other privacy Dapps that furthers our mission of creating an entire ecosystem/economy (i.e. could be a privacy DEX, or Twitter-style communication apps...).

We are an inclusive project and want to work with other crypto communities by building an economy and privacy ecosystem that anyone can use with their favorite coin on!

Particl Coin (PART):
- PART is always updated to the latest BTC Core codebase within days. It is currently on Bitcoin Core 0.15.1.1. Particl does it faster than any other project, including Litecoin.
- PART has three states of privacy: public (same privacy as Bitcoin), blinded (uses CT to hide transacting amounts) and anon (uses RingCT to hide transacting amounts and participants). It is the first project to ever implement both CT and RingCT on the BTC codebase (instead of Cryptonote)
- 100% of blocks and transactions are Segwit. Particl is the first native segwit blockchain ever
- 100% PoS, no PoW period ever. Particl is the first "pure PoS" blockchain ever
- Lightning Network-ready

Particl Proof-of-Stake:
- Improved from PoS3 (more secure and private)
- Passive income of minimum 5% on year 1, declining 1% per year and stabilizing at 2%
- Quantum-Resistant
- Cold and hardware staking
- Protocol support for staking pools and staking reward management tool
- Decentralized voting & governance
- Self-Funding of the project (the Particl Foundation (non-profit Swiss Foundation registered by MME, the same legal firm as the Ethereum Foundation) receives 10% of all block rewards)

Privacy Platform:
- This platform is included in our beautiful GUI wallet. This is from the same team who designed SDC/XSPEC wallet but now uses better and more secure GUI technologies (all sandboxed as well)
- First ever 100% anonymous and decentralized marketplace (eBay-style, with no-fee decentralized escrow system)
- The marketplace will only be the first privacy Dapp of the platform. Any privacy Dapp can be developed through smart-contracts. Any contract can use PART's native CT and RingCT privacy protocols
- The platform accepts almost all crypto-currencies either through third-party or atomic swaps, however, whenever a PART transaction occurs, coins are automatically transferred into PART so that the platform can use CT/RingCT. That means all transactions, even from other coins, generate demand for the PART coin.
- Storage is stored off-chain on DSNs (off-chain data storage networks) to greatly increase scalability. Particl uses SMSG, its own P2P data storage network embedded into each blockchain node, but can very easily integrate any other DSN such as IPFS. This allow the platform to always include the latest tech.
- Messaging system
- Tor-enabled
- No metadata leak possible, every metadata is constantly stripped off any piece of data

These are just a couple of key points to help you further your research on Particl and how it compares to other privacy projects. If you are interested by what was above, then please do read my articles as they go into more details or contact me and I'll be more than happy to help you in your research.

Cheers mate!

P.S. We have started an imgur image folder which includes some infographics on some of our stuff such as privacy protocols, cold staking, etc. You can follow the link here: https://imgur.com/a/J9MsU

Perfect, thank you very much Brian, that's really helpful.   "Offchain Mixing" is something people can google to educate themselves.  Thus, Cloakcoin has their own "Offchain Mixing" column now Smiley

And thank you to TSVHoff as well for getting the developer comments, I really appreciate it.

My apologies for any confusion, I really hope this helps.  Please have a look and let me know what you think.
Activity: 280
Merit: 252
Pages:
Jump to: