Pages:
Author

Topic: Another mistake in Bitcoin fees? - page 3. (Read 551 times)

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578
November 18, 2020, 09:31:01 PM
i don't think it will be returned. even solo miner will not return it. not even a pool.
I don't think so too.

Whoever made that transaction don't look at the customization of the fee and didn't check the options, amount and size of his transaction. If this was made by an exchange, it isn't that much for them.

But if this was made by an individual, that sucks! a lot of money was wasted due to the fees. I remember the same thing that have made mistake but it's with Ethereum.

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
November 18, 2020, 09:00:00 PM
750 addresses to one, this is a consolidation of transactions. It has to be an exchange wallet otherwise it would be horrible for privacy. It's probably run by a script, and a bug happened.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308
Get your game girl
November 18, 2020, 07:54:18 PM
This is really scary! that's why I didn't manually construct the transaction fees, I always try to use auto generated fees, just manually set high-low-medium option.
Hope a nice honest miner will refund this mistaken money to the owner.  Cry
You can't do that in other wallets. Most of the online wallets have that option which I believe is bad because you also end up paying much higher/lower fees than the expected transaction fees depending on the network traffic. Always use a transaction fees calculator and pay accordingly. The above case looks like the sender didn't understand the conversion of sats/per-byte while calculating the fees.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 18, 2020, 07:38:26 PM

i don't think it will be returned. even solo miner will not return it. not even a pool.

they wasted energy to keep mining transactions, they continue to do so when BTC price submerge that they hardly can't pay bills. this is just one instance that miners will have to breath good air that they at least get an amount they like. feel sorry for whoever made that mistake though.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
November 18, 2020, 07:33:03 PM
As of today looks like someone has just made another mistake on sending his/her Bitcoin, s/he has apparently paid around 2.66BTC ($47) in fees.
~
There will be $47K

This is really scary! that's why I didn't manually construct the transaction fees, I always try to use auto generated fees, just manually set high-low-medium option.
He is one among the luckiest miner. Yeah, lets hope for the refund from the miner. We don't know for what purpose the fund is being transferred. Maybe this could be the users saving for a much longer time period. Whomsoever, it is a learning that we must always cross check the receiver bitcoin address, quoted transaction fee and transaction amount before making the transaction.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 911
Have Fun )@@( Stay Safe
November 18, 2020, 07:29:05 PM

But even with that, Bitcoin transaction fees are still on the high side. This is one of the downsides of transacting with bitcoin(at the moment).
The BTCitcoin transaction fees are high but most of the time if you have the patience you can send with lower fees and i was able to sent with just 17 SAT/B and it got confirmed within half an hour. Sure there are times the mempool is full but sometimes it comes down drastically as well.

Edit: I just looked it up on the blockchain and, if the person is kind hearted, he may return it. However, humans are naturally greedy. My solicitude to the owner.
You can hope that the miner will return a portion and i remember a similar instance in the past where the miner returned a percentage if i remember correctly.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 18, 2020, 07:01:19 PM
But even with that, Bitcoin transaction fees are still on the high side. This is one of the downsides of transacting with bitcoin(at the moment).

And do you really think that can happen? I guess never.

Edit: I just looked it up on the blockchain and, if the person is kind hearted, he may return it. However, humans are naturally greedy. My solicitude to the owner.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 308
November 18, 2020, 06:55:52 PM
Basing up into those input address I do presume its an exchange wallet because its impossible for it to be owned by a single person having 700+ address which had transferred
Hmm that makes sense, I didn't realize it has lots amount of input address before you point it out (just doing a quick shoot on that crazy fees) and as you said it seemingly impossible for those addresses to be owned by a personal wallet.

Hope a nice honest miner will refund this mistaken money to the owner.  Cry
Although it is difficult, I still hope this money will be returned.
Somehow I doubting that it will be returned  Roll Eyes
Activity: 983
Merit: 502
November 18, 2020, 05:44:22 PM
It seems to be an exchange wallet and someone has made an unforgivable mistake. This is probably a lesson for everyone when doing manipulations in the cryptocurrency market, it's best to always check before agreeing.
Although it is difficult, I still hope this money will be returned.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
November 18, 2020, 05:02:53 PM
Probably just someone paying what the Bitcoin wallet "estimates".   Wink Grin Grin
Activity: 2856
Merit: 655
November 18, 2020, 04:59:33 PM
As of today looks like someone has just made another mistake on sending his/her Bitcoin, s/he has apparently paid around 2.66BTC ($47) in fees to send a 0.01088549BTC ($194) transaction.

Txid
Code:
3ba0c9eaf3185898164518cda7e3433d1d2049188d737f2b2a7e188aaeb8b4de

Holy cow!

Basing up into those input address I do presume its an exchange wallet because its impossible for it to be owned by a single person having 700+ address which had transferred

0.01 btc to a certain address and giving out that $47k total in fees.Miners are really that lucky eh? Mistakes like these do happen due to human error.

Its just odd that exchange doesn't have that automated system on processing transactions?
Activity: 1022
Merit: 308
November 18, 2020, 04:48:22 PM
As of today looks like someone has just made another mistake on sending his/her Bitcoin, s/he has apparently paid around 2.66BTC ($47) in fees to send a 0.01088549BTC ($194) transaction.

Txid
Code:
3ba0c9eaf3185898164518cda7e3433d1d2049188d737f2b2a7e188aaeb8b4de

Sources:
[1] https://decrypt.co/48730/bitcoin-transaction-mistake-47k
[2] https://twitter.com/BtcBlockBot/status/1329073154581381130
Pages:
Jump to: