Pages:
Author

Topic: Another reason bitcoin will succeed: US to target Putin's $40 billion stash - page 6. (Read 5814 times)

legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
This is another reason I think bitcoin will succeed.  Zerohedge claims the US may go after Putin's $40 billion dollars in financial assets stored in Switzerland:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-20/means-war-us-target-putins-personal-40-billion-stash

Whether you agree or disagree that Putin's fortune is "fair" and whether you agree or disagree that it is right for the US to take his wealth, I believe that if you were in Vladimir Putin's position you'd feel more comfortable with a cool billion (2.5% of his financial wealth) sitting in a secure brain wallet, and perhaps another billion or so in carefully planned m-of-n wallets.

I wonder if Vladimir understands bitcoin.  

I suppose this begs the question: as we enter an unfolding currency war (us v rus in this case re: ukraine), how does bitcoin fare?
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
This (not Putin in particular) has been one of the biggest reasons why I believe an explosion in Bitcoin price is inevitable.

Yep, I think a bail in of a euro country (for eg) that is nether isolated nor smallish like Cyprus should rally the troops to defect to btc. Cyprus was a catalyst for the 266 run up but it was also 'dealt with' and forgotten relatively easily. Now a year later if it goes bigger, btc as an alternative springs to mind as it isnt a strange a phenomenon as last year
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
This (not Putin in particular) has been one of the biggest reasons why I believe an explosion in Bitcoin price is inevitable.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Probably not. But that's not the point. If V's stash does get raided, it creates that much more incentive for other elites to seek out safer places to store wealth than banks, and eventually they will find bitcoin. For that matter, even just the threat of such a raid has the same effect.

Big money figuring out the value bitcoin offers them is coming. The only question is when.

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007
This is another reason I think bitcoin will succeed.  Zerohedge claims the US may go after Putin's $40 billion dollars in financial assets stored in Switzerland:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-04-20/means-war-us-target-putins-personal-40-billion-stash

Whether you agree or disagree that Putin's fortune is "fair" and whether you agree or disagree that it is right for the US to take his wealth, I believe that if you were in Vladimir Putin's position you'd feel more comfortable with a cool billion (2.5% of his financial wealth) sitting in a secure brain wallet, and perhaps another billion or so in carefully planned m-of-n wallets.

Pages:
Jump to: