Pages:
Author

Topic: Another Scamming Trick. - page 2. (Read 965 times)

10c
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace
July 07, 2019, 04:51:15 PM
The manager campaign should not allow all users to edit the spreadsheet because it will be very vulnerable to scam,
I have seen it several times, and fortunately I realized when it happened so I immediately told the manager campaign about that
it even sounds like complete nonsense. none of the interested people can access the table. If the table will be available to all, then there will be no point in taking part in such campaign
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
July 07, 2019, 04:13:18 PM
I've been hearing this for a while until it really happened to me ,I was promoting a bounty project and after a week I decide to check my spreadsheet to see if I've been approved or not ,well guess what I found? Someone else signed up for the bounty using my btt account info excluding only my wallet address ,swapped with another ETH address.

This is another tricks some scammers are pulling on this forum, getting someone to work for them while they sit back and get paid for work they never do.

Always make sure you check the spreadsheet of the bounty project you are promoting from time to time,who knows? You might be the next victim.

This warning is especially for newbies ,I bet they don't know that something like this can be put in motion so be careful.
This trick has been used already before many many times by those lazy scammers trying to use someone's account and change the ETH address. I've seen worst of them too, some of them even used the DTs account. That's why it's best if you check the sheet if your account was being used by someone, so consider this as an experience because there will be a lot coming in the future. You know, scammers never really get tired of finding ways to take advantage of the other.
Activity: 515
Merit: 12
July 07, 2019, 04:08:44 PM
I've been hearing this for a while until it really happened to me ,I was promoting a bounty project and after a week I decide to check my spreadsheet to see if I've been approved or not ,well guess what I found? Someone else signed up for the bounty using my btt account info excluding only my wallet address ,swapped with another ETH address.

This is another tricks some scammers are pulling on this forum, getting someone to work for them while they sit back and get paid for work they never do.

Always make sure you check the spreadsheet of the bounty project you are promoting from time to time,who knows? You might be the next victim.

This warning is especially for newbies ,I bet they don't know that something like this can be put in motion so be careful.
To someone use your btt info in any bounty it means that someone who is involved in the bounty program itself is involved, otherwise i don't understand who it is possible something like this.
Activity: 476
July 07, 2019, 12:15:06 PM
Honestly the scam and fraud issue here in crypto are getting worst everyday that passed by. I am not surprise if those issue will destroy so many investment. I hope centralization and legalization will be implemented in any aspect here in crypto industry. I belive that there is a big group or organization behind that scam idea so we need a legal action to make them scared and punished on that kind of activity
Activity: 1162
Merit: 251
July 07, 2019, 12:00:32 PM
The manager campaign should not allow all users to edit the spreadsheet because it will be very vulnerable to scam,
I have seen it several times, and fortunately I realized when it happened so I immediately told the manager campaign about that
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
July 07, 2019, 11:45:02 AM
This scamming trick are almost happened everytime when the bounty campaign rules are so easy to joined in fact they are mostly manifest on newbie manager who manage bounty project, with regards its different from the known bounty managers who requires with authenticity proof of participantion.
Activity: 726
Merit: 100
July 07, 2019, 11:41:25 AM
new ways in fraudulent mode continue to evolve and continue to find loopholes in all aspects of security that may be exploited, however, we must always be vigilant
Activity: 1246
Merit: 260
1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL
July 07, 2019, 11:29:54 AM
Yeah i have also seen this trick a couple of times and i guess that's the more reason why you should check the spreadsheet of any bounty campaign that you join. It's also the responsibility of bounty managers to check for fake accounts. Mostly these come up when real users sign up for the campaign.
Activity: 742
July 07, 2019, 11:13:45 AM
Yah agrees this is why in most bounty, participants need to write an authentication post to confirm their id. You'll see some managers are arranging this thing very well. But still, when you participating in a bounty, double-check your entry upon signup, check if wallets and other names are right. This way, you'll be safe from stealing your works by the abusers.
Activity: 463
Merit: 11
July 07, 2019, 10:14:19 AM
That's serious. We all should be guided and we should check our spreadsheet from time to time so all these labour will not be for nothing. That could be depressing
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
July 07, 2019, 09:24:01 AM
That is why I don't join bounties that are not handled by the highest ranking officials here. Because I hear these things in the people who accept manager jobs from projects that are low ranking. It's a good thing that you check on the spreadsheet because that is what I always do. I am always curious about the stakes.
Activity: 658
Merit: 11
CRYPTO WEB3 NEOBANK
July 07, 2019, 08:44:18 AM

This is what I see a lot in bounty campaign spreadsheets, and in my opinion, this is what the bounty manager must really examine. In fact, I experienced this scamer incident myself, only the ETH address was used to get payments after the campaign was finished. Tricks like this must be careful.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 541
July 07, 2019, 08:04:26 AM
My God, what kind of criminals do we have in this forum, and secondly, how is that even possible, how did they gain access to the spreadsheet in the first instance, because ordinarily there is no one that can ever edit the spreadsheet other than the project developer or the bounty manager, and for this person to have gained access to the spreadsheet, they must have hacked the account for such developers. How are you sure that this is not even part of the tactics of these ICO developers to still scam bounty hunters?

Nevertheless, how are you sure that you were not the one that made mistake with the address, because I still don’t want to believe that anyone can must gain access to those spreadsheet except it is being dine internally. Well, like you said, thanks for taking note of that for us, we will be careful and ensure that we have the right address on our list.
Activity: 784
Merit: 256
Binance #Smart World Global Token
July 04, 2019, 03:53:22 AM

Bounty managers are responsible for this, they should double check if there are cheaters in their list, bounty hunters now are fully much aware of this, that is why they implement, posting authentication this is to make sure only participants can get in, but still double check your entries.

I had this situation. My bounty on the campaign was transferred to a fraudulent wallet. And when I started writing about this situation bounty Manager, he just ignored me. As a result, I was left with nothing. So it all depends on the bounty Manager.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
July 04, 2019, 12:31:23 AM
I never understood the point of that trick. After all, you were in the bounty table before your plagiarists. Usually this issue is solved by the Manager of the bounty company and your appeal to him. I don't think that's a problem.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
July 03, 2019, 10:59:02 PM

Bounty managers are responsible for this, they should double check if there are cheaters in their list, bounty hunters now are fully much aware of this, that is why they implement, posting authentication this is to make sure only participants can get in, but still double check your entries.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
July 03, 2019, 07:53:39 PM
Sorry to say but this is not new anymore. It is a very old trick and some bounty hunters still do that to steal someones work or credit. That is why it is really important that the project team gets a very reliable bounty managing team which will double check all the details of the participants. And as a participant, we should also do that so that the culprit will be ban immediately.

But still thank you for sharing so that all will be aware of this wrongdoing.
Yeah, I’m a victim of this fraud before but luckily the CM knows what to go. As a bounty hunter its also our job to assure that the information on the spreadsheet is correct and report right away if you see your name has a duplicate with different address. We don’t want to work and the others will get the profit, report those cheaters and let them suffer for that.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
☀️ Iskra Coin ☀️
July 03, 2019, 07:52:38 PM

Doing a check is very important and that I do every day. So we know who has participated in the project. Previously I often experienced it. But those who use my account are directly in the strikethrough from the spreadsheet and are considered fraudsters. 
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
July 03, 2019, 07:36:36 PM
indeed things like this often happen, it's true that always checking spreadsheets and reporting to the bounty manager is the right solution to keep scammers silent.
Though its not new because its happening before, but the best thing to do is to report it to the CM, and make sure that you monitor your campaign always. If the CM are responsible, meaning he check everyone if its real or not then nothing to worry about because you’ll safe.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
July 03, 2019, 07:28:59 PM
Sorry to say but this is not new anymore. It is a very old trick and some bounty hunters still do that to steal someones work or credit. That is why it is really important that the project team gets a very reliable bounty managing team which will double check all the details of the participants. And as a participant, we should also do that so that the culprit will be ban immediately.

But still thank you for sharing so that all will be aware of this wrongdoing.
Pages:
Jump to: