Pages:
Author

Topic: Another Scamming Trick. - page 4. (Read 965 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 260
July 03, 2019, 12:22:21 PM
This has happened to me severally.  Some guys are just so lazy to work and also wicked.  Why will someone  put another's details and his own wallet address just to claim reward he didn't work for?. I've reported three cases just last month alone.  That's why I like bounties whereby the bounty manager is strict with proof of authentication. A manager came up with taking screenshot of profile page as proof of ownership of the bitcointalk account, I think it's also effective.  Let's learn to put in effort and not develop criminal mindset in this great forum.  
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
July 03, 2019, 12:20:48 PM
I've been hearing this for a while until it really happened to me ,I was promoting a bounty project and after a week I decide to check my spreadsheet to see if I've been approved or not ,well guess what I found? Someone else signed up for the bounty using my btt account info excluding only my wallet address ,swapped with another ETH address.

This is another tricks some scammers are pulling on this forum, getting someone to work for them while they sit back and get paid for work they never do.

Always make sure you check the spreadsheet of the bounty project you are promoting from time to time,who knows? You might be the next victim.

This warning is especially for newbies ,I bet they don't know that something like this can be put in motion so be careful.

Thanks for the information, although this has been happening for long time not just recently, that's why most bounty manager adopted the rule of authentication post or require particpants to write the ETH addresz on BTT profile, those scammers will not be able to do either of this.
Activity: 791
Merit: 139
July 03, 2019, 12:13:29 PM
I've been hearing this for a while until it really happened to me ,I was promoting a bounty project and after a week I decide to check my spreadsheet to see if I've been approved or not ,well guess what I found? Someone else signed up for the bounty using my btt account info excluding only my wallet address ,swapped with another ETH address.

This is another tricks some scammers are pulling on this forum, getting someone to work for them while they sit back and get paid for work they never do.

Always make sure you check the spreadsheet of the bounty project you are promoting from time to time,who knows? You might be the next victim.

This warning is especially for newbies ,I bet they don't know that something like this can be put in motion so be careful.

This is not a new trick in this community this happened for many times even in 2018.
And to tell you big thing a duplicate is not comes once and sometimes it is 3x or more.
If you are on the upper number of spreadsheet you will see many copy under just changing one letter of you BTT NAME.
That is why many bounty project is now requiring posting on the bounty thread and having your post number or its link.
Activity: 566
Merit: 107
July 03, 2019, 11:32:20 AM
Account claim has been done for a long time since 2017, and I think that problem can be overcome by reporting our account to the relevant telegram project group so don't worry and always remember to check your eth address regularly every few days or if you don't want to bother checking at bounty will end (one week or less than)
Activity: 518
Merit: 3
July 03, 2019, 10:35:38 AM
~
This is nothing new. It has been a while this sort of a thing has been happening. It is mostly common among those participating I'm signature bounty. Immediately you notice anything of such, just inform the manager or admin on telegram, for onward correction. Such an act should not be condoned.
Also, managers have a lot to do, in order to detect it by themselves.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 38
July 03, 2019, 10:26:27 AM
this trick has been done by scammers for a long time. I feel annoyed if someone scams my account and recognizes my work and gets a reward from a job they don't work on.
always check spreadsheets, and look for accounts that duplicate your work and immediately report to the manager.
But to be honest this is the work of manager but how many managers doing that job perfectly?

Many even approve stakes without seeing the users tasks but we can't blame them sicne they are getting few bucks for managing 1000 participants.

If the condition need to the change there needs to be a cap value.
Activity: 672
Merit: 100
July 03, 2019, 10:23:06 AM

A lot of scammers use this trick to collect other people's reward on a platter of gold. Its very important to check spreadsheet in order to keep an eye on those that can't work but want free money. The bounty manager also have a say in this regard because all entries will be checked by him or her and by so doing the bounty manager should be able to detect scammer.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 257
July 03, 2019, 09:40:05 AM
this trick has been done by scammers for a long time. I feel annoyed if someone scams my account and recognizes my work and gets a reward from a job they don't work on.
always check spreadsheets, and look for accounts that duplicate your work and immediately report to the manager.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 03, 2019, 09:23:30 AM
this is the task of the bounty team, and also we have to check it out, and if there is something wrong, we must report it as soon as possible.
Activity: 952
Merit: 308
July 03, 2019, 08:20:18 AM

I have found many such scammers since 2017, sometimes bounty managers have to verify them to send applications through threads so that not many scammers do spammers through google form by someone else's.

Maybe they will get red trust if their bounty manager can examine every participant, like Sylon, yahoo they are very careful managers with scammers like this.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
July 03, 2019, 07:41:01 AM
Fraud will always occur in long lists of companies for remuneration to a greater extent due to insufficient attentiveness of participants and managers. Therefore it is necessary to check spreadsheets several times during the bounty of the company.
the spreadsheet is not always counted not because the campaign is bad but because the managers counting in their own table which they do not show to the campaign participants. it is important to track the activity of projects in social networks
maybe the manager counts it in their own spreadsheet, but if the manager always updates the spreadsheet every week it shows that they can work on time.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
July 03, 2019, 07:16:04 AM
well, this is happening because those running these bounty campaigns don't care about anything but scamming people! they don't care if you advertise their money grab project or someone else, either way they will end up scamming them with their token.
if you don't want these things to happen to you  then stop advertising scammy projects.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
July 03, 2019, 07:09:55 AM
This is not new it's been going for over two years now, this is the reason why some of the top bounty managers are requiring bounty hunters to post their participation in the bounty thread and on their form they ask for the verification and participation post so no double can entry be made.
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
July 03, 2019, 07:07:00 AM
I do make a quick search while detailing the spreadsheet while checking the stakes given, i do realize sometimes esp social media can have multiple submission which you have no idea how it happens, with a big gap in between, it's a pretty common scam where there's no verification on submissions. It would be a real pain not getting paid on months worth of work promoting a good project
copper member
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
July 03, 2019, 07:03:06 AM

I have not experienced this as I'm almost very careful with what I do. I have seen people being scammed by this trick,  and I feel bagged for them most especially when the manager says to them that nothing can be done about it.  I think everyone should be careful
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
July 03, 2019, 06:47:41 AM

Bounty managers are asking for verification post if a manager does not ask this to bounty participants better double check it, I almost become a victim of this in the past and this is very rampant then until they implement the verification rules in the bounty thread.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
July 03, 2019, 06:19:25 AM
Thats why each of new bounty campaigns has required proof of authentication every signup including your own ETH address. to correct and prevent this lazy scammers, to claim our works. and if you are not joined all of the campaigns they will use your Bitcointalk account link and join that particular campaign youve missed. specially most common on Telegram campaign.
Activity: 588
July 03, 2019, 05:53:54 AM
This is an old trick, but responsible bounty managers are here for you and will solve this situation.
They see who registered at first and who is the real owner of the ETH address. Do not worry, they will not sned bounty rewards twice to the "same" person  Cheesy.
Activity: 770
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
July 03, 2019, 05:51:14 AM
Fraud will always occur in long lists of companies for remuneration to a greater extent due to insufficient attentiveness of participants and managers. Therefore it is necessary to check spreadsheets several times during the bounty of the company.
the spreadsheet is not always counted not because the campaign is bad but because the managers counting in their own table which they do not show to the campaign participants. it is important to track the activity of projects in social networks
copper member
Activity: 1120
Merit: 2
July 03, 2019, 05:29:54 AM
It is a very nice thing. I myself and myself have faced this problem. I can not accept myself in any way. Why is scanner screwing such a thing? I think those who are involved in this action stem. They should be blocked completely.
Pages:
Jump to: