Pages:
Author

Topic: ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL ATTACK ON ETH JUST OCCURED!!! - page 2. (Read 3685 times)

Activity: 638
Merit: 300

Impressive story :O
But ETH price seems to be stable in the last days, probably DAO is not a problem anymore?

There will be a soft fork to freeze the 3.6 million coins. There could be a hard fork to return the 3.6 million coins.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Impressive story :O
But ETH price seems to be stable in the last days, probably DAO is not a problem anymore?
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
It is going up I guess because people think ETH will be forked.

They don't seem to understand that after the fork the value of ETH will go down to 0

That is my concern as well. But so far, there is good community support of the Ethereum. It might come back again.
Activity: 285
Merit: 251
It is going up I guess because people think ETH will be forked.

They don't seem to understand that after the fork the value of ETH will go down to 0
legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

RIP

~BCX~

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
So now we need softfork of ETH for every hacking attempt using same splitting bug in DAO ? This will be so much messed up if this type of attack continue in comming days by new or old attackers.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
The ONLY way that ETH can survive this clusterfuck is if Vitalik Buterin stops acting like a central banker and starts letting things fall. Dao fucked up? Let it fall and deal with the losses, stop trying to change things now.

I think this would be the best strategy for ETH moving forward.  Tongue Cheesy Cool

~~

There are no easy choices for ETH, but I agree Vitalik Buterin trying to control the ETH blockchain is the worst choice possible. If they do it once they can do it again. The DAO should be left to fail instead of tampering with the original blockchain and social contract.

Vitalk Vuterin does not control the Etheruem. He can propose whatever he wants, the community makes the final decision.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
The ONLY way that ETH can survive this clusterfuck is if Vitalik Buterin stops acting like a central banker and starts letting things fall. Dao fucked up? Let it fall and deal with the losses, stop trying to change things now.

I think this would be the best strategy for ETH moving forward.  Tongue Cheesy Cool

~~

There are no easy choices for ETH, but I agree Vitalik Buterin trying to control the ETH blockchain is the worst choice possible. If they do it once they can do it again. The DAO should be left to fail instead of tampering with the original blockchain and social contract.

lol. Spam that shit so the hackers have a harder time taking your eth.
lol. clustrfuck dao is in deep doodoo
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1035
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy

~~

legendary
Just saw this. TheDAO is like a piece of Swiss cheese lol  Tongue

Shocked

And it's only going to get worse from here on in.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Gross Incompetence ?

Is that what it's called when you say you were hacked..
Then..
Have your lawyer announce later publicly you found
a few hundred thousand bitcoin in your "couch" on a USB drive ?

Think about the plausibility of that scenario for a minute LOL

We done playin' dumb yet boys ?

I'm curious..
When do you all act like adults ?
When do you drop the turning a blind eye routine (so you too can profit) ?
legendary
Gross Incompetence

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Honestly, things are locking BAD in altcoin camp.

Yes, time to let it fail.  If they try to prevent it they are impeding decentralization.  Things are definitely interesting right now, seems like we can expect more drama in alts.  I think it is a good thing, means that someone knows that the crypto community is on to something when it comes to the future of money and data.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
yeah but it does not seem that it had such a huge impact this time to be honest, i think that it wont have any bigger impact because people are already used to it and they said there will be no money lost to thief

i think there might be more of such stuff if they will not do something about it, to be honest people dont dump it right now because they expect that everything will be solved and it will go up again
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

Honestly, things are locking BAD in altcoin camp.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

You have to be kidding me. I mean, intellectually I know the hole in the code still exists, but really? This happened twice? And might be happening all the way to this fork business? 

This DAO thing to s going to be an expensive mistake. We will see if eth can decouple from this DAO madness eventually, the trust us shot to shit Sad
Pages:
Jump to: