Pages:
Author

Topic: ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL ATTACK ON ETH JUST OCCURED!!! - page 3. (Read 3685 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I wonder why it took so long for others to try this out. I expected copycats mere hours after the hack got public attention.

And why didn't someone from the DAO use it to save as many ETH as possible? Ok, this might actually be a stupid question, because this person would act without consensus and would make themself responsible for the ETH obtained that way and it's fair distribution afterwards. But still, it looks like a way to prevent others from taking even more ETH, doesn't it?

I agree with you. I do not understand other decent coders do not do that to save the DAO and the Ethereum.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Honestly, the DAO has lost all its credibility in the market.
The fact occur or not a fork, just will approach this coin appearance of a Swiss cheese, full of holes, flaws.  Undecided
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
I wonder why it took so long for others to try this out. I expected copycats mere hours after the hack got public attention.

And why didn't someone from the DAO use it to save as many ETH as possible? Ok, this might actually be a stupid question, because this person would act without consensus and would make themself responsible for the ETH obtained that way and it's fair distribution afterwards. But still, it looks like a way to prevent others from taking even more ETH, doesn't it?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
Well if there was any life left in it, It's gone now.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
Just saw this. TheDAO is like a piece of Swiss cheese lol  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
Good ..keep 'em comin' fast & hard guys !
Activity: 565
Merit: 316

I stand corrected.

Quote from: Comment by OP
As in, it was an attack, but the attacker clearly didn't try to maximise the amount taken. Hence the conclusion that it was a test, possibly white hat in nature.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 565
Merit: 316

I don't think that any similar contracts are going to get through - understandably. Although they are relying on the dude with the original contracts to remain with the cease of activities.

Still, very strange that the DAO price is on a bull atm.
Pages:
Jump to: