Pages:
Author

Topic: Anti-Atheist Bigotry: Atheists Are As Distrusted As Rapists - page 8. (Read 4706 times)

legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
The only reason atheists have morality is, they were trained by people who were trained by people who were trained by people... way back to a time when the morals of the various religions, especially Christianity, ruled... and when there was very little if any atheism.

If there was no morality of Christianity and other religions, atheist morality would only exist as any individual atheist agreed on within himself. This could range from essentially no morality, to a morality stricter than the most strict formal religions of today. Such religious activity on the part of atheists would make atheism the most erratic religion of all.

As it is, the morality of atheism is inbred, automatic training coming mostly from Christianity.

Cool

ya-ba-da-ba-do!!!  About time our Flintstones friend showed up.

BADecker,

A person morality does not come from being trained by other people.  Not sure what you mean?
My morality is not that of my parents, my teachers or my priests.

Most Atheists use their head to evaluate what is moral and what is not.  Religion is definitely not any source of morals
for Atheists.

For me, I apply several tests to see if an action is moral.  The most important factors for me are:

- if the action causes suffering, it is immoral
- if the action causes harm, it is immoral

Sorry to break your bubble, but Christianity and especially Bible is the worst example of morality.
My morality is not even remotely Christian.

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
The only reason atheists have morality is, they were trained by people who were trained by people who were trained by people... way back to a time when the morals of the various religions, especially Christianity, ruled... and when there was very little if any atheism.

If there was no morality of Christianity and other religions, atheist morality would only exist as any individual atheist agreed on within himself. This could range from essentially no morality, to a morality stricter than the most strict formal religions of today. Such religious activity on the part of atheists would make atheism the most erratic religion of all.

As it is, the morality of atheism is inbred, automatic training coming mostly from Christianity.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
Please watch the video before commenting (uploaded today)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hc1NPwXDKQ

The bigotry runs deep.  Most people think Atheism means immorality. 

The word Atheist has a negative connotation.  People associate word God with something good, noble, so no God means no good.

Millennia of religious indoctrination are hard to reverse.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
Please watch the video before commenting (uploaded today)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hc1NPwXDKQ
Pages:
Jump to: