Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER C1 Discussion and Support Thread - page 22. (Read 129054 times)

Activity: 457
Merit: 273
How about undeclocking C1 miner? Is it possible to underclock/undevolt it to get better efficiency? Has anybody tried it? What kind of hash rate is it possible to get if you undeclock/undevolt to max 800W power consumption?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Is it possible to overclock the C1?

Not Worth it. You'll burn more watts that way. Heck even stock speeds is not worth running IMO.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
About a week ago I upgraded firmware (yes it's old firmware I just never did it).  But after a week no problems with the firmware.

One is a little more babysitting with the X's but that was same before.  Other works all days if not weeks no problems.

What is the firmware date that you are using now?

I went from stock batch 1 firmware to the "SD-C1-20141217.tar" firmware.   So it's retaliative old but I just never got around to doing it.

But it's working for me just as good as stock did, so no regrets on updating.

Anything seem improved that would warrant violating if it ain't broke don't fix it?

With C1 i was not worried since it has micro SD.  It's easy to fix if bad flash.

But nothing noticeable fixed. I hoped the one that get's X's and stuff would improve but its the same.  One runs perfect for weeks other takes a little time to get up right.

And you've tried swapping cooling systems?  Just throwing it out there but I know the disappointment of an iffy miner.  The S3 I got from Florida has not only two sub par hashing boards but last change I tried was the controller board with a good s3 and now that runs 440 rather than its usual 441.  Not a big deal, haven't even put it back, it's just that the miner seemed to be packed with lower quality stuff.  Like one of the inside heatsinks had a stripped screw to start with and the S3 was suppose to be new (but arrived in an opened box from Pines Computer in Florida).  Like some farm gathered iffy components.  And the first S3 which was good had the factory double strip of heatsink compound on each inside heatsink while the open box 'new' S3 had inside heatsinks fully slathered with heatsink compound.

It is hard to describe you can fix it for a bit by turning it on/off for a bit.  You will see others mentioning this before.  It's possible heatsink compound might fix it, but I have not went there.  I just hate to tear it apart.

It's not the cooling system at this point I would describe my cooling as decently modified.  First I use a molex to 3 pin power adapter.  Very good quality no issues with it.  Then a replacement pump that is a tad faster then the syscoolings one, and has quite a bit more coolant reservoir.  Then I added fan's to the back side of the radiator cooling it even more.  It is pretty rock solid at this point.
soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013
About a week ago I upgraded firmware (yes it's old firmware I just never did it).  But after a week no problems with the firmware.

One is a little more babysitting with the X's but that was same before.  Other works all days if not weeks no problems.

I went from stock batch 1 firmware to the "SD-C1-20141217.tar" firmware.   So it's retaliative old but I just never got around to doing it.

Anything seem improved that would warrant violating if it ain't broke don't fix it?

With C1 i was not worried since it has micro SD.  It's easy to fix if bad flash.

But nothing noticeable fixed. I hoped the one that get's X's and stuff would improve but its the same.  One runs perfect for weeks other takes a little time to get up right.

And you've tried swapping cooling systems?  Just throwing it out there but I know the disappointment of an iffy miner.  The S3 I got from Florida has not only two sub par hashing boards but last change I tried was the controller board with a good s3 and now that runs 440 rather than its usual 441.  Not a big deal, haven't even put it back, it's just that the miner seemed to be packed with lower quality stuff.  Like one of the inside heatsinks had a stripped screw to start with and the S3 was suppose to be new (but arrived in an opened box from Pines Computer in Florida).  Like some farm gathered iffy components.  And the first S3 which was good had the factory double strip of heatsink compound on each inside heatsink while the open box 'new' S3 had inside heatsinks fully slathered with heatsink compound.
legendary

soy
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1013

legendary

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
About a week ago I upgraded firmware (yes it's old firmware I just never did it).  But after a week no problems with the firmware.

One is a little more babysitting with the X's but that was same before.  Other works all days if not weeks no problems.

legendary
About a week ago I upgraded firmware (yes it's old firmware I just never did it).  But after a week no problems with the firmware.

One is a little more babysitting with the X's but that was same before.  Other works all days if not weeks no problems.
Activity: 281
Merit: 100
@Picolo and Beachguy!

Duly Noted.  Pass on to the engineers

How about fixing the inability to connect to a regular BTC node for mining....
legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....
Antminer with Beagle Bone Black as a part of the control unit does not have a built-in Wi-Fi support.

You may want to use some wi-fi bridge to make the miner think it is eithernet connected

I think my previous post got removed or not posted correctly from my end. *Shrug*

Did Antminer disable the wireless part of the BeagleBoard Black in software, or hardware?

I wish they'd have kept the wireless function on there as it was a great option with the S3's IMO.

Yeah That's what I'm doing, but would be much more convenient if they had it like the S3's did.

donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510
Antminer with Beagle Bone Black as a part of the control unit does not have a built-in Wi-Fi support.

You may want to use some wi-fi bridge to make the miner think it is eithernet connected

I think my previous post got removed or not posted correctly from my end. *Shrug*

Did Antminer disable the wireless part of the BeagleBoard Black in software, or hardware?

I wish they'd have kept the wireless function on there as it was a great option with the S3's IMO.

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

legendary
I have been running a c1 for about 2.5 months now.  I can't seem to get the "Rej%" rate any lower than 3.5%.  Its running with a Corsair T850M Power Supply and is set to normal speeds.

My nearest competitor that sort of reject rate on an s3 is .4% 

Thoughts in advance?

thanks.

What pool are you using?   

I have 2 C1's running and both are far under a percent. And that is with pools switching from the DDOS stuff.

I use WestHash and BAN.

Only thing I can think of is if your using westhash as main, and on it's mining some coin that has a higher reject rate when mining through them.   

I know if you rent it through some places it can show for example blocks found, etc that BTC would never have (chances are) when mining certain coins.

But for a straight BTC that is would be very high might try antpool or ghash on straight btc. (Antpool is battling DDOS right now but was a very good pool with for me low rejects).
Activity: 316
Merit: 250
I have been running a c1 for about 2.5 months now.  I can't seem to get the "Rej%" rate any lower than 3.5%.  Its running with a Corsair T850M Power Supply and is set to normal speeds.

Thoughts in advance?

thanks.

Where do you see that?

All I see is the # 'Rejected' and on mine at least it's extremely low.

I use M's Miner Monitor v5.0 and there is a column that says "Rej%".

Thoughts in advance?

thanks.

What pool are you using?   

I have 2 C1's running and both are far under a percent. And that is with pools switching from the DDOS stuff.

I use WestHash and BAN.
legendary

Thoughts in advance?

thanks.

What pool are you using?   

legendary
Go Big or Go Home.....

Thoughts in advance?

thanks.

Where do you see that?

All I see is the # 'Rejected' and on mine at least it's extremely low.

Thoughts in advance?

thanks.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
No the S3s are a bit louder than the c1. Not by much though. I will probably look into swapping fans later if they bother me. Not sure yet. Much quieter than my sp20s tough. Lolol

I don't think I ever noticed the sound on the C1 stock fan. You could probably get away with a 25mm completely silent fan on there, since the coolant is the primary way it cools I bet. I have a couple small servers running in my office and I think my ears are so use to that sound anything less I probably wouldn't even hear. Too bad there are 1,356,495 fans to choose from. Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: