Pages:
Author

Topic: Antminer L3 - 250mh - 400watt Scrypt miner coming soon - page 28. (Read 137428 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Looks like Bitmain haven't even sold out T9/S9. World coming to end Smiley
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000
Based on my estimated size per chip, they are probably producing 100k chips per wafer batch. So about 300-500 units per batch.
Based on their history with BTC miners, I think you're right and would agree that 350-500 miners per batch seems about right, but actually believe they may be selling 1/2 of each batch to pay for the entire batch so they receive theirs for free.

In terms of ROI, it's anyone's guess. There are some great scrypt projects such as Syscoin and Gamecredits which are about to release their core project features whose price could go to the moon in the next few months and at the same time BitconnectCoin could crash any day, and LTC may revert to 1:200 price relationship once the BTC scaling debate is resolved.

Two things to think about:
1.) The L3's will likely have a hardware failure rate similar to other Bitmain products. In this respect my fear is that the L3+ will be worse than the L3 because each board's single serial DC circuit must carry twice the current to feed 2x the chips. This could work out really badly and is the main reason I'm waiting for a while before jumping in. It could also explain why Bitmain is selling these so cheap as the failure rate might be crazy bad.

2.) In terms of profits and ROI, the greater the payout per MH/s as it is right now, the less efficiency matters as daily electricity cost becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of the daily profits. Inversely, when profits are really high as they are now, reliability becomes more important as the cost of a down miners costs more and more. Imagine if you miss a month of 0.00009 BTC/MHs just before it drops back to 0.00004?

I'm sitting on the fence until batch 1 of L3+ miners have at least 90 days on the clock.

Agree- great explanation.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
I will have to disagree regarding Seg Witness and Lightning.  Only ones going to get richer with this scheme are those that are already rich.  They will move most of the transactions off network and you will end up with more concentration of power than the biggest miners ever dreamed.  Who does Charlie Lee work for again??? Hmmmm

I do hope there is a "staying" price increase for LTC so that normal people can get some benefit from this scam, but the future will be bleak for mining... Maybe the future won't have mining?  Might as well be playing with FIAT trading if we end up going that route. 

The centralization of power and control in crypto is evil.  Any changes have to address these fundamental flaws while we are worrying about transaction times and scaling.  Anything that fails to do both is no improvement.  Sometimes the word "progressive" or "progress" does not mean what we would hope it does. 

Anyway back on topic here.  I am looking forward to the reports from the L3+ owners.  Please post your observations and experiences.  The L3+ is going to be a big deal if this Seg Witness thing happens and 30% of the hash rate gets sucked off into sidechains or whatever scheme they have cooked up so it will mean a significant haircut to miners right out of the gate.  We will need a lot more hashing rate to get the same rate of return unless of course the price of LTC goes to the moon.  I guess we could pray for a moon shot! LOL  Thankfully LTC is not the only game in town. Grin

I am off grid for a week or so... You guys hold down the fort while I am gone.   I look forward to the L3+ reports when i get back!  Grin
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
288 chips on each unit. 1M chips around 3.5k units. That sounds realistic.

Yep, I neglected to consider the 288 chips per rig. My bad.
Ok, I can see how 3.5k units could sell out in a day.

If anyone has second thoughts, please let me know as I would like to get one if possible.

Based on my estimated size per chip, they are probably producing 100k chips per wafer batch. So about 300-500 units per batch. This is inline with the first L3 batch that bumped hashrate up by about 200-300 GH. To be safe figure they are producing 500 per batch, for a total of 1,500 units for the 3 batches. Your looking at least 750 GH of hashrate added to network. So at least 3.5 TH by July. I would base any ROI calculations on that.

And of course you can assume they'll do what they did with the L3 buyers that got screwed...sell double the hashrate miner for half the cost in july again Tongue

Damn...I hope you are correct up to July.......and even if they double hash and diff goes up another 33% I'm golden with my hoard till ..hell maybe into 2018
IF Charlie Lee also does his part and gets LTC with seg witness hype and lighting hype off the ground...go baby go ...we need $25 buck coin so my miners
avoid destitutitution and and have to stroll the neighborhood...looking for 'doorstop' action....hubba hubba ..a sad fate indeed...

So is my 'stack' big enough to weather this difficulty hump up ..whatever size it may be? hmmmmmmm...........

then again.....crypto is an 'evil mistress' this all could be a trap Smiley Perhaps it is ALWAYS a trap!

the trap is probably the math...i always get the damn math wrong...grrrrrrr............

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Based on my estimated size per chip, they are probably producing 100k chips per wafer batch. So about 300-500 units per batch.
Based on their history with BTC miners, I think you're right and would agree that 350-500 miners per batch seems about right, but actually believe they may be selling 1/2 of each batch to pay for the entire batch so they receive theirs for free.

In terms of ROI, it's anyone's guess. There are some great scrypt projects such as Syscoin and Gamecredits which are about to release their core project features whose price could go to the moon in the next few months and at the same time BitconnectCoin could crash any day, and LTC may revert to 1:200 price relationship once the BTC scaling debate is resolved.

Two things to think about:
1.) The L3's will likely have a hardware failure rate similar to other Bitmain products. In this respect my fear is that the L3+ will be worse than the L3 because each board's single serial DC circuit must carry twice the current to feed 2x the chips. This could work out really badly and is the main reason I'm waiting for a while before jumping in. It could also explain why Bitmain is selling these so cheap as the failure rate might be crazy bad.

2.) In terms of profits and ROI, the greater the payout per MH/s as it is right now, the less efficiency matters as daily electricity cost becomes a smaller and smaller percentage of the daily profits. Inversely, when profits are really high as they are now, reliability becomes more important as the cost of a down miners costs more and more. Imagine if you miss a month of 0.00009 BTC/MHs just before it drops back to 0.00004?

I'm sitting on the fence until batch 1 of L3+ miners have at least 90 days on the clock.

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
L3 are far too efficent vs. A4. They are on same process 14/16nm so power draw should be close and not 2.5x difference.

Serial versus Parallel DC circuit design. or
Efficiency (bitmain) versus reliability (inno)
legendary
Activity: 1109

If anyone has second thoughts, please let me know as I would like to get one if possible.

Based on my estimated size per chip, they are probably producing 100k chips per wafer batch. So about 300-500 units per batch. This is inline with the first L3 batch that bumped hashrate up by about 200-300 GH. To be safe figure they are producing 500 per batch, for a total of 1,500 units for the 3 batches. Your looking at least 750 GH of hashrate added to network. So at least 3.5 TH by July. I would base any ROI calculations on that.

And of course you can assume they'll do what they did with the L3 buyers that got screwed...sell double the hashrate miner for half the cost in july again Tongue
I hope the price goes down in July, but not from the current web page it's the same price as the May batch...
As for the hashrate, I (for one) almost never mine LTC directly. Just no profit in doing that. Always been using either nicehash (which could be using my hashrate for LTC) or crap-coins and cash-out for BTC.
So, I don't think it's fair to assume 100% of the new hashrate will be going to the LTC network.
legendary
Activity: 2153
Merit: 1400

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Hello guys,

Yesterday I sent payment (BTC) to Bitmain for 2 x Antminer L3+ devices, in meantime transactions stuck. Now I see that status of my devices are: Paid/Unshipped/Expired. If order expired does Bitmain cancel such orders? It is not fair if they doing such things, because I pay on time,and we all know how BTC transactions can be slow. Anyone has similar problem, what is solution?

Hey guys, my payment is stuck also as i didn't realise the payment fee was low when i sent it to bitmain Sad  any suggestions on speeding up my transaction?

Much appreciated

all you can do is wait. when my payment gets stuck i notice it goes through the the wee hours of the morning and im eastern time. i have seen my payment gets stuck for an upwards of a day so its not uncommon im sure. mine got stuck when i stopped filling out the info for the transaction to re read the listing on bitmains site and in a matter of a few mins the minimum tx recomended went up but it didnt change on my wallet so i ended up underpaying when sending my payment which caused it to take forever to process lol. in any case even if it expires on bitmains website you can email their support with the order info anf tx details and they will manually approve the payment for you if their system doesnt pick up on it already.

I'm using a old version of my wallet so it doesn't give me a option to adjust the fee, it basically does it for you. my transaction has been seen by 20+ peers and still nothing confirmed?  is it because the fee is to low? its been nearly 2 days.. I could reset the block chain and transactions but does this mean my payment gets sent back to me? and would I have to back up my wallet before doing so?
legendary

Activity: 387
Merit: 254
Hello guys,

Yesterday I sent payment (BTC) to Bitmain for 2 x Antminer L3+ devices, in meantime transactions stuck. Now I see that status of my devices are: Paid/Unshipped/Expired. If order expired does Bitmain cancel such orders? It is not fair if they doing such things, because I pay on time,and we all know how BTC transactions can be slow. Anyone has similar problem, what is solution?

Hey guys, my payment is stuck also as i didn't realise the payment fee was low when i sent it to bitmain Sad  any suggestions on speeding up my transaction?

Much appreciated

all you can do is wait. when my payment gets stuck i notice it goes through the the wee hours of the morning and im eastern time. i have seen my payment gets stuck for an upwards of a day so its not uncommon im sure. mine got stuck when i stopped filling out the info for the transaction to re read the listing on bitmains site and in a matter of a few mins the minimum tx recomended went up but it didnt change on my wallet so i ended up underpaying when sending my payment which caused it to take forever to process lol. in any case even if it expires on bitmains website you can email their support with the order info anf tx details and they will manually approve the payment for you if their system doesnt pick up on it already.

I have a hard time thinking they can manufacture anything less than a 100K units cost effectively.
Most FAB runs are in the millions of units.

idk....we are talking chinese manufacturing and assembly work prices and they are selling them at premiums and markups so im pretty sure lower numbers on miner productions are more than withing their margins. as for chips....of course they are having tons of them produced at once to get lower numbers but 100k+ fully assembled miners isnt something they are knocking out in a few minths. I feel like the heatsink placement on the front and back on each chip is one of the largest delays when producting assembled miners for them. they cant flip the boards over until the adhesive cures and they have to place one on every cip on both sides. either way i think a couple k miners in a single batch is more realistic.
Activity: 600
Merit: 501
Hello guys,

Much appreciated

I do have problems like that. I've made a payment by money transfer but now it says Unpaid, Expired.
Am I alone in this or it's general problem?
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Hello guys,

Much appreciated
L3 are far too efficent vs. A4. They are on same process 14/16nm so power draw should be close and not 2.5x difference.
Activity: 217
Merit: 100
mcrypt.com domain 4sale 20BTC
Well it sounds like Segwit or UASF is going to get pushed through and miners are about to take a serious haircut.  This probably explains the sudden move to presale miners and dump them in the market by Bitmain.  

Funny how the money masters have managed to get everyone to think it is a good idea to just hand the keys over to them and make everyone think it was "our idea".  

So this may explain the sudden odd behavior by Bitmain.  But then again my tin foil hat is wrapped kinda tight...

Is covert ASICBOOST being used on L3 or L3+? Thought that was only for SHA256 PoW, not scrypt.
Only makes sense to dump if PoS kicks in.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
Well it sounds like Segwit or UASF is going to get pushed through and miners are about to take a serious haircut.  This probably explains the sudden move to presale miners and dump them in the market by Bitmain. 

Funny how the money masters have managed to get everyone to think it is a good idea to just hand the keys over to them and make everyone think it was "our idea". 

So this may explain the sudden odd behavior by Bitmain.  But then again my tin foil hat is wrapped kinda tight...

legendary
I have a hard time thinking they can manufacture anything less than a 100K units cost effectively.
Most FAB runs are in the millions of units.
I hate to be the bearer of good or bad news, but Bitmain just relisted the L3+ on the site with ship dates now out in July!
What, I thought it was May 5th? Im still trying to put BTC together, and now it's July? What kind of garbage is that, especially since they still want the same price.
Forget that crap.
All the people who ordered when it was May 5th should be screaming for a refund... I would not accept a 2 month delay.

Well I think they sold out of the first 2 batches and that was where the April and the May dates came from.  If you ordered and have been confirmed paid you will get your miner shipped on the dates they posted.  However it appears they are "pre-sale" on the next batch which is July now.  So it looks like if you don't jump in and buy it now then you may not get a shot at buying them.  At least that is my read on the situation.    This is absolute BS, but it is what it is...
Im pissed, because I was 0.1 BTC away from having enough money, now I have to wait another 2 months...
My A4's would have generated the 0.1 BTC in 24 hours, that 24-hour delay cost me 2 months. How can I not be upset.
I think they should just continue shipping miners between May 5th and July and not hold onto them. If they simply shipped them in the order they were bought then there would be no issue, but a 2 month delay and no break in price?
Glad for everyone who get's there miners shipped on the 5th, but for the rest of us, it really sucks. I still don't see why they can't ship any between May 5th and July, just really sucks.
Personaly, I think I will forget this miner and go to Baikal instead...

to be fair its not their fault that people didnt have the coins to buy the miners before they sold out. the reason for the 2 month delay might not be related to wanting to hold onto them....they may have sold out and maybe had a large private order that has them backed up until the date they posted. or they may need to have miners produced and dont expect the components to be ready for assembly until around that date. either way im sorry you couldnt get one but third party sellers will have them im sure if your willing to spend a few more bucks....otherwise you will have to wait for the next batch.

I get what you are saying. I can't fault them, except for how fast it went through from April, May now July.
I would have expected it to progress through the delivery dates slower than it did.
Im more mad at the situation, where I completely missed out on this because of a lousy 0.1 BTC.
Placing an order for April delivery was fine. Perhaps even May, but July, that's just not going to happen that far in advance.
I don't know how many they sold, but im assuming it's in the millions, and to run out that fast, crap...
They probably should have built more like 2-5 million instead of a smaller number. I don't really know how many they made, but 1million seems like a good guess.

Seriously WUT!!!! mate.

Million units is 500THash/s. All Scrypt network is at most 5THash/s. 3 For LTC and 2 for other shitcoins. At most we are talking about few K. It's not BTC network which just eats up new units.
legendary
I hate to be the bearer of good or bad news, but Bitmain just relisted the L3+ on the site with ship dates now out in July!
What, I thought it was May 5th? Im still trying to put BTC together, and now it's July? What kind of garbage is that, especially since they still want the same price.
Forget that crap.
All the people who ordered when it was May 5th should be screaming for a refund... I would not accept a 2 month delay.

Well I think they sold out of the first 2 batches and that was where the April and the May dates came from.  If you ordered and have been confirmed paid you will get your miner shipped on the dates they posted.  However it appears they are "pre-sale" on the next batch which is July now.  So it looks like if you don't jump in and buy it now then you may not get a shot at buying them.  At least that is my read on the situation.    This is absolute BS, but it is what it is...
Im pissed, because I was 0.1 BTC away from having enough money, now I have to wait another 2 months...
My A4's would have generated the 0.1 BTC in 24 hours, that 24-hour delay cost me 2 months. How can I not be upset.
I think they should just continue shipping miners between May 5th and July and not hold onto them. If they simply shipped them in the order they were bought then there would be no issue, but a 2 month delay and no break in price?
Glad for everyone who get's there miners shipped on the 5th, but for the rest of us, it really sucks. I still don't see why they can't ship any between May 5th and July, just really sucks.
Personaly, I think I will forget this miner and go to Baikal instead...

to be fair its not their fault that people didnt have the coins to buy the miners before they sold out. the reason for the 2 month delay might not be related to wanting to hold onto them....they may have sold out and maybe had a large private order that has them backed up until the date they posted. or they may need to have miners produced and dont expect the components to be ready for assembly until around that date. either way im sorry you couldnt get one but third party sellers will have them im sure if your willing to spend a few more bucks....otherwise you will have to wait for the next batch.

I get what you are saying. I can't fault them, except for how fast it went through from April, May now July.
I would have expected it to progress through the delivery dates slower than it did.
Im more mad at the situation, where I completely missed out on this because of a lousy 0.1 BTC.
Placing an order for April delivery was fine. Perhaps even May, but July, that's just not going to happen that far in advance.
I don't know how many they sold, but im assuming it's in the millions, and to run out that fast, crap...
They probably should have built more like 2-5 million instead of a smaller number. I don't really know how many they made, but 1million seems like a good guess.
Pages:
Jump to: