Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 218. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

Notes:
Stock power consumption is approx 360w and approx 400w-ish for OC power consumption.

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. a Corsair CX-500 will work just fine with 1 ant miner (42A on the 12v line; same as the CX-600).

I measured 320W stock.
Also CX500 has only 34A on the 12V line, so might not be enough for overclock.

I think you just found a Corsair typo (that or they silently updated their 2013/14 CS500); the Corsair site shows the CS500/600 with 12v rail as both being 42A but newegg.com shows the CX500 as being 38a on the 12v. In any case you are right about people checking their 12V rails on their PSUs to make sure they have enough wiggle room before they OC. 34A is a real squeaker for a 400w load 24/7 on a bronze PSU.

FYI; this is where I'm pulling my 42A specs from (Corsair spec table):
(http://www.corsair.com/en/media/cms/manual/corsair-psu-spec-table-091813.pdf)

Also question for Cypher (thanks for the stock wattage reading!); have you tried ocing the unit and what wattage does your unit run at?
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
Went ahead and ordered my first one. Looking forward to it. Smiley

Me too!!!!!! But I got mine from greaterninja,I'm in the US & he is too   Grin  Hope it ships by feb 10 at the latest  Wink
Activity: 812
Merit: 502

I measured 320W stock.

I have 3 cx500 and all 3 miners are overclocked and working just fine without problem.

I am not surprised, but you are reaching the limit of the PSU, so it might die sooner than later Wink
Activity: 434
Went ahead and ordered my first one. Looking forward to it. Smiley
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Wow this is great , today i finally released my device from the customs , and directly i went and bought the PSU , and after some problems in configuration ... now everything is fine and i started mining  Grin

Thanks all for your help and for your answers , thanks for Bitmain for this clean device Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1039

I measured 320W stock.

I have 3 cx500 and all 3 miners are overclocked and working just fine without problem.
Activity: 812
shipping could be a nightmare come next week....

I hope they know what they are doing. Time will show.

Does that 750W even have 4 separate PCI-e connectors?

Yes. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341052

The CX750's have 4 PCIe connectors but they are doubled up on only 2 sets of wiring so if you plan to max out the power draw realistically you should be careful not to burn your wires.  A couple pages back there is a photo from someone who burned up the wires on their CX600 which has two connectors on one set of wires.

You're slightly wrong, cyper didn't burn up his cx600m. He was using an extender cable on his cpu power cable and the extender burned up. I'm currently using the same cx600m that has a single pcie with split ends. At default clocks, the psu is holding up well. The wire gets extremely warm but not hot. I don't understand how people read one thing and get it all switched around and post something different. It's like that gossip game kids play where you whisper something in someone's ear and pass it down. So much wrong info by the end of it.

Yes and the Ebay seller who sold me the extension cables refunded me today.
The CX600M have more than enough power for even the highest possible overclocked Ant. Just make sure you cut and strip the CPU cables and use these for one of the boards.
Also the max Amp per 12V cable for 24/7 use according to CoolerMaster is:

Notes:
Stock power consumption is approx 360w and approx 400w-ish for OC power consumption.

P.S. a Corsair CX-500 will work just fine with 1 ant miner (42A on the 12v line; same as the CX-600).

I measured 320W stock.
Activity: 1582
I assume that he is looking for a discount on 10 units. Not the best way to go about asking for one IMO.

Not only that, but he wont get one Smiley

+1
Also, I think that this guy thinks that because he is going to order 10 units they will drop whatever it is that they are doing to get to his order ASAP!!!!!

Didn't he hear about the ones that ordered 100+ units?

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net
I assume that he is looking for a discount on 10 units. Not the best way to go about asking for one IMO.

Not only that, but he wont get one Smiley
Activity: 294
тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
Yo Bitmain answer your emails sometime? Im looking to buy 10 S1's for myself not a group buy shipping to 1 address. If I don't hear from you soon I will spend my money elsewhere.

You should threaten them some more. I bet they like that.  They'll probably go out of business without your order of 10 units too, so you know they're going to respond in a positive manner to your current inquiry.

You'd probably be better off buying from Sushi anyways.
Activity: 1582
Yo Bitmain answer your emails sometime? Im looking to buy 10 S1's for myself not a group buy shipping to 1 address. If I don't hear from you soon I will spend my money elsewhere.

Yo bitterdog chill out!

They are on Chinese New Year holiday.

They will be back and start shipping on Feb 08.

Yo...

Peace out!
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
Activity: 23
I measured mine this morning, 387W on a Corsair CX600 which was not overclocked.

And then 429W when it was overclocked.

Activity: 249

Hello guys ,today i got my miner finally from the customers  Shocked , its my first time setting Bitmain miners,and i am going to buy the PSU now, so i just want to get sure that any PSU with 450 W will be good right? , also i will get an antena to make it work in wireless.

is there anything else should i consider ?

Thanks in Advance.

Bro get a bigger PSU.
Something like 600w+

You might want to overclock at some point.

Also make sure it is a good one as power quality matters a lot.
Get a Gold one.

+1
Mine failed to boot up using a 500W. A fuse just kept blowing in the PSU. Everything fine using a 600W.

BITMAIN stated 360W, I bought a 750W for 2 miners. That makes me worry now... Are there measurements available somewhere? Normal and over clocked?

Depends on how many amps are available on the 12v line on your PSU. A 500 w PSU with a single 12v rail spec'd for 32-33A will likely be ok as it can handle near 400w; one that does 25A will only do 300w will not work. It's all in the specs! However if you have multiple rails on your 12v line you'll need to combine multiple separate rails to power a single ant unit or several any units (i.e. 12v1 [30a]+ 12v2 [30a] = ok. 12v1[30a] + 12v1[30a] = overload).  

Here is an example of a 860W 80plus platinum powersupply that'll work just fine for 2 units:
http://www.corsair.com/us/power-supply-units/ax-series-power-supply-units/ax860i-digital-atx-power-supply-860-watt-80-plus-platinum-certified-fully-modular-psu.html

and one that is 1200w 80plus platinum that will require power from multiple different rails:
http://www.enermax.com/home.php?fn=eng/product_a1_1_2&lv0=1&lv1=52&no=174

Notes:

Activity: 28
I have a simple question:

S1 purchased before 8th of this month will be shipped all together after 8th ?

Bitmain has stated that orders will be shipped in the order they have been received.
Activity: 297
I wonder when bitmain will release their gen miners? This seems like a good for way to clear out their gen 1s.
Activity: 23
We were playing with our kill a watt meter this morning.  And here are some numbers on an non-OC miner.

A miner on a single Corsair CX600 was using 387W.  2 miners each on it's own Corsair CX600 were using 777W.

2 miners on a single Corsair AX1200i uses 722W. 

Activity: 362
You're slightly wrong, cyper didn't burn up his cx600m. He was using an extender cable on his cpu power cable and the extender burned up. I'm currently using the same cx600m that has a single pcie with split ends. At default clocks, the psu is holding up well. The wire gets extremely warm but not hot. I don't understand how people read one thing and get it all switched around and post something different. It's like that gossip game kids play where you whisper something in someone's ear and pass it down. So much wrong info by the end of it.

I'm running an overclocked antminer powered by a single strand with two PCI-E ends. Yep, wires are very warm, but not hot.

I couldn't get a single definitive answer as to what ampacity are the AWG18 wires capable of, figures are ranging from 10 to 16 Amps. The lower estimate is enough for a stock clock miner (10 Amps * 3 wires * 12V = 360 Watts). And an overclocked one should draw less than 12 Amps per wire, so also sorta kinda good. But I'm still thinking, it would be a good idea to buy a two-molex-to-PCI-e adapter, cut it and feed a couple more wires (+12V and Gnd) into the power terminals of each blade.

I was thinking something like that too. Also wondering the max amps for the 18awg wire but couldn't find straight answer. Based on the warmth of the wire(lol) I would say I might could try 375mhz. I do have a dual-molex to pcie but the pcie side is missing 1 yellow wire. I also have a single molex to pcie and it has two yellow wires coming out one pin on the molex side and then one of those is split on the pcie side so it has all 3 yellow wires going to one molex pin lol. I could cut them though. I just got a tx650m in today that I plan to use on my next miner that's coming. I hooked it up for now because I really don't like this cx600m. One of my miners has 2% hardware errors at 400mhz so I may downclock it and put it on the cx600m.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
shipping could be a nightmare come next week....

I hope they know what they are doing. Time will show.

Does that 750W even have 4 separate PCI-e connectors?

Yes. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341052

The CX750's have 4 PCIe connectors but they are doubled up on only 2 sets of wiring so if you plan to max out the power draw realistically you should be careful not to burn your wires.  A couple pages back there is a photo from someone who burned up the wires on their CX600 which has two connectors on one set of wires.

but he bought ZT 750 not CX Wink
it has 4 separate pci-e connectors
anyway for two antminers i think minimum is some good 850W
Jump to: