Author

Topic: [Antminer S1 Sales open] Price changes daily, now 0.414 BTC for 180GH/s - page 221. (Read 346284 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I have a simple question:

S1 purchased before 8th of this month will be shipped all together after 8th ?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

Ur not changing the hardware?!?....what are you doing  the "pencil trick" or something?

What I am saying is, if changing voltage requires switching out resistors or something.. i will just live with it at stock volts..
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Have anyone tried to underclock this miners? I wonder how low can we get the J/GH number and at what cost in hashrate terms.
Probably 1J/GH, if you're willing to accept half the hashrate. I plan to change the voltage on one of mine and see the effect. I'll probably first go to 1.05V and see if I can keep it stable at 400MHz, and then go down from there.

gonna post a guide on this mod? isnt it switching out like one resistor on each "module"(4 per blade) to change the voltage?

voltage is key for heat..... and of course power efficiency..  my scrypt rigs get about 2.5kh per watt by lowering voltage.

That being said.. I am not changing the hardware to change the voltage.. would be nice if it could be done thru cgminer.  come summer time I like being able to turn down all rigs thru my webmon interface when it gets too hot...

Ur not changing the hardware?!?....what are you doing  the "pencil trick" or something?
legendary
Have anyone tried to underclock this miners? I wonder how low can we get the J/GH number and at what cost in hashrate terms.
Probably 1J/GH, if you're willing to accept half the hashrate. I plan to change the voltage on one of mine and see the effect. I'll probably first go to 1.05V and see if I can keep it stable at 400MHz, and then go down from there.

gonna post a guide on this mod? isnt it switching out like one resistor on each "module"(4 per blade) to change the voltage?

voltage is key for heat..... and of course power efficiency..  my scrypt rigs get about 2.5kh per watt by lowering voltage.

That being said.. I am not changing the hardware to change the voltage.. would be nice if it could be done thru cgminer.  come summer time I like being able to turn down all rigs thru my webmon interface when it gets too hot...
legendary
Just quick one. Coupons- they works per order or i can use 2,3 coupons on one order?

You can use more than one per order i believe.

To clarify, just one per item in the order. So to use more than one coupon you have to buy more than one item.

No you can use 2 or 3 on one item - there is a drop down that lets you choose.

And when you do so it tells you you can't use more than one coupon per item ordered.

Say you have one Antminer in your cart, you go to checkout and you add your coupon for 0.02BTC, then you change the dropown to change it to 2 coupons. It then says in red at the top of the page:

You can use one coupon per product

THen it is either a bug in their code or they changed their rules.

Ever since Ive ordered with coupons...its always been just 1 coupon per product..
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
Just quick one. Coupons- they works per order or i can use 2,3 coupons on one order?

To clarify, just one per item in the order. So to use more than one coupon you have to buy more than one item.

And when you do so it tells you you can't use more than one coupon per item ordered.

Say you have one Antminer in your cart, you go to checkout and you add your coupon for 0.02BTC, then you change the dropown to change it to 2 coupons. It then says in red at the top of the page:

THen it is either a bug in their code or they changed their rules.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

I suppose I could. If I'm really ambitious I might make a shmoo plot, but I'm not sure I'll get that far.
I'm gone for a couple weeks though, so it won't be any time soon.
You want to change R3, R66, R38 and R52. The default is 8.2kOhm. The exact formula as per the datasheet is a little hairy as it depends on a lot of terms, but you can probably just simplify it to R = 16266*Vout - 9.76kOhm
Activity: 252
OK, so I guess I shouldn't worry about my miner as I have it on a 500w PSU.

Thanks guys Smiley

My S1 is using 430w but that's overclocked.  I would be more interested in the temperature than the speed itself, which will vary somewhat.  Mine is running @ 44 both sides, again that's clocked.  I did install a fan on the front side which seems to make a big difference.

Happy Mining!

I thought i would share this:::

oK,.. heres a good one..
the kill a watts we use to measure wattage.... they WILL work on 220.
I just plugged  mine into 220 and plugged the seasonic 750 into it with 2 antminers on it
686 watts  3.16 amps

edit:  after running for a few.. it is 689 watts.  If what everyone is saying about 440watts to OC for 20 Gh... it is NOT worth it.. not even close.
100 watts for 20Gh....

edit:  i thought I would add... this is on a 12/3 wire that is at least 100 feet from the panel

I am not surprised it is not seeming efficient your PSU is running at 91.5%

Naw, its not running at 91.5% ... the 686w is most likely wall reading....

Doh! Your right...too early in the morning, I need more coffee Smiley
legendary

Thanks guys Smiley

My S1 is using 430w but that's overclocked.  I would be more interested in the temperature than the speed itself, which will vary somewhat.  Mine is running @ 44 both sides, again that's clocked.  I did install a fan on the front side which seems to make a big difference.

Happy Mining!

oK,.. heres a good one..
I just plugged  mine into 220 and plugged the seasonic 750 into it with 2 antminers on it
686 watts  3.16 amps

edit:  after running for a few.. it is 689 watts.  If what everyone is saying about 440watts to OC for 20 Gh... it is NOT worth it.. not even close.
100 watts for 20Gh....

edit:  i thought I would add... this is on a 12/3 wire that is at least 100 feet from the panel

Naw, its not running at 91.5% ... the 686w is wall reading...
Activity: 252

Thanks guys Smiley

Happy Mining!

oK,.. heres a good one..
686 watts  3.16 amps

100 watts for 20Gh....

legendary

legendary
legendary
right on the money, thats an increase of 55w per unit... and thats pretty damn close to the 50mhz increase
Weird, my seasonic 750watt capstone ... does that at 120v =)
Guess its just as efficient at 120 as it is at 240

These antminers increase in power consumption proportional to the mhz increase. Linear or w/e the term is...

Whereas its not until u increase voltage of the chips that power consumption rises exponentially.
Rosewill Capstone? I'm pretty sure those are Super Flower units, not Seasonic. Very nice PSUs though.

Ah, sorry my bad, yeah I got the brands mixed up in my head. Yes, its a rosewill capstone.
My most recent PSU is a seasonic 650w gold
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
legendary
right on the money, thats an increase of 55w per unit... and thats pretty damn close to the 50mhz increase

These antminers increase in power consumption proportional to the mhz increase. Linear or w/e the term is...

Whereas its not until u increase voltage of the chips that power consumption rises exponentially.
Rosewill Capstone? I'm pretty sure those are Super Flower units, not Seasonic. Very nice PSUs though.
legendary

legendary
Obviously some of are you are complete noobs and havent read my previous power readouts.
I have a gold PSU on 120V, antminers @ 400mhz use just 400w....
These things are roughly 1w / 1mhz....simple as that, if you are getting 440w then ur PSU SUCKS!

I took the advice and overclocked the 2 rigs with the kill a watt...

2 ants 350 freq  686 watts   358 gh
2 ants 400 freq  777 watts   400+gh

this is on a seasonic 750 on 220v: 
legendary
Obviously some of are you are complete noobs and havent read my previous power readouts.
I have a gold PSU on 120V, antminers @ 400mhz use just 400w....
These things are roughly 1w / 1mhz....simple as that, if you are getting 440w then ur PSU SUCKS!
Activity: 588
Had 4 units at 400Mhz consuming 1740w. Tried to lower to 375Mhz - got 1640w. This antminer group is not really that efficient as every miner runs off a regular consumer PSU. So about 100w difference for 40Ghs.

Been running for 40 minutes only so bit early to tell but really low HW errors so far. Not that it really matter sI guess as my worst behaving antminer had 0.9% on 400Mhz. They do run just about as hot.
Jump to: