Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 208. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 10
YOUC - www.youengine.io
A heads up to anyone in the US having these shipped via the new FedEx option to save a few bucks.  I have been called/emailed multiple times today from FedEx asking what a 'Bitcoin miner' is.  The latest is an attempt to have me fill out some FCC form (which I have refused to do.)  I don't know if I will be receiving my shipment next week via FedEx.  I will update the thread with  results.

If you want hassle free delivery in the US, I recommend sticking with UPS for the time being.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

As you can see the results above in the pic. Also the noise level dropped from 75db to 62db.

Which Sound Level Meter it is measured?

---
old s5 temps with Silverstone f141???
----
new s5 temps

These tests, I'd like to read radiator temperature measured with an infrared thermometer.
Not the temperature sensor readings.  These temperature sensor readings are true only with factory fan .

I posted along these lines in the thread dedicated to created a liquid cooled S5.

Not sure what the point of doing this is... I'm hashing on my S5 units pretty consistantly at 1200ish (some more, some a tad less) by simply using 1 replaced Delta AFB1212SHE fan.

I mean, factoring the time, materials, cost, to mod an S5 into a liquid cooled S5 - just doesnt seem worthwhile unless you can end up getting 1500ghash or even more.

Am I missing something?

Strato

I got a quiet bedroom miner. The pump makes more noise, if the fans.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
I posted along these lines in the thread dedicated to created a liquid cooled S5.

Not sure what the point of doing this is... I'm hashing on my S5 units pretty consistantly at 1200ish (some more, some a tad less) by simply using 1 replaced Delta AFB1212SHE fan.

I mean, factoring the time, materials, cost, to mod an S5 into a liquid cooled S5 - just doesnt seem worthwhile unless you can end up getting 1500ghash or even more.

Am I missing something?

Strato
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

new s5 temps

Standard S5 fan mod - 29.5c 85.1f in the room

Took old delta 120mm fan that I found In the closet tested it. It was burned out. So I Carefully ripped out the fan itself and left the other fins in place so I can use it for a shroud then I mounted another delta "stock S5 fan" which had the same air director blades this makes the fan more directional. I got the idea from this video from Silverstone at the bottom. watch it you will see.

As you can see the results above in the pic. Also the noise level dropped from 75db to 62db.

Injuries from the mod which I got when my finger hit the blade. I got distracted because My loving wife has PMS this week!!!

ouch!!!!

My brother did the same thing. He powered it up while holding the edges. The thing blows so fast it swung upwards and over just from the airflow... sliced his thumb right open.

Strato
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

new s5 temps

These are only a temperature sensor readings, not the actual miner blades temperatures. You can  fool the sensor,if you put in a separate small radiator.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/review-antminer-s5-1250ghs610wat-wall-hi-res-pics-unofficial-support-933796

My watercooled S5 four temperature sensor readings are 60-70 degrees Celsius ,    But the coolant is 35  degrees Celsius.

I did not put anything on the boards just added the shroud.
legendary

new s5 temps

These are only a temperature sensor readings, not the actual miner blades temperatures. You can  fool the sensor,if you put in a separate small radiator.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/review-antminer-s5-1250ghs610wat-wall-hi-res-pics-unofficial-support-933796

My watercooled S5 four temperature sensor readings are 60-70 degrees Celsius ,    But the coolant is 35  degrees Celsius.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

new s5 temps

Standard S5 fan mod - 29.5c 85.1f in the room

Took old delta 120mm fan that I found In the closet tested it. It was burned out. So I Carefully ripped out the fan itself and left the other fins in place so I can use it for a shroud then I mounted another delta "stock S5 fan" which had the same air director blades this makes the fan more directional. I got the idea from this video from Silverstone at the bottom. watch it you will see.

Injuries from the mod which I got when my finger hit the blade. I got distracted because My loving wife has PMS this week!!!

ouch!!!!

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Has anyone with a C1 tried switching the blades and controllers out? It would look a little frankenstineish. Just wondering if the water blocks could help keep these cool given the different style of the chips. They use the same heatsink as the S1 and S3 its just that the heatsink is on the chips instead of the PCB. I have 3 S5's but no C1 and bitmain isn't selling them anymore. Thought about grabbing one of of ebay just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Yes. Read more here - Making WATER-COOLED Bitmain Antminer S5
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmains-refused-from-s9-warranty-buy-at-your-own-risk-914354

Air cooled C1 miners from S5 open air style.  One  controller, two side by side miners. S5 radiators,covers, and Fans.
1TH/s   0 hardware errors

Have you noticed a downside to doing this? Seems a good way grab an extra BBB.
legendary
Has anyone with a C1 tried switching the blades and controllers out? It would look a little frankenstineish. Just wondering if the water blocks could help keep these cool given the different style of the chips. They use the same heatsink as the S1 and S3 its just that the heatsink is on the chips instead of the PCB. I have 3 S5's but no C1 and bitmain isn't selling them anymore. Thought about grabbing one of of ebay just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Yes. Read more here - Making WATER-COOLED Bitmain Antminer S5
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitmains-refused-from-s9-warranty-buy-at-your-own-risk-914354

Air cooled C1 miners from S5 open air style.  One  controller, two side by side miners. S5 radiators,covers, and Fans.
1TH/s   0 hardware errors

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Activity: 27
Hi
 Im looking to buy 5 s5 miners and would greatly appreciate if any of you fellow miners could donate any unwanted coupons.
My email is [email protected]

Thanks
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
My four are running great on Ghash non-stop now for 32 hours (knock on wood.) When I was at Nicehash I had to reboot 4-5 times per day on each miner. Don't know what that was about but it stopped as soon as I moved to Ghash.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Can someone look over these numbers please? I upped the frequency to 375 and the temp is still low. I checked the cables on the PSU and S5 and nothing is hot. Hell not even warm. I have everything in an unheated garage and the ambient temp is -3ºC right now. Are the HW errors, rejects, and discards normal? Can I keep boosting the frequency up until I hit a temp of 40-50ºC?

Absolutely fine, you can always ignore discards as they don't mean anything for you.
Activity: 19
S5s have been stable and hashing away.
How do I get extranonce working with nicehash ?
Using Jan 7th firmware.
Appending #xnsub to the end of the pool URL makes extranonce work, but when the price set in the password is no longer met, the miner keeps the pool alive but without any work, and will not fail over to the 2nd pool.

I have the exact same problem. I posted it in the Nicehash thread but no answer yet. I hope someone can help. Thank you in advance.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
S5s have been stable and hashing away.
How do I get extranonce working with nicehash ?
Using Jan 7th firmware.
Appending #xnsub to the end of the pool URL makes extranonce work, but when the price set in the password is no longer met, the miner keeps the pool alive but without any work, and will not fail over to the 2nd pool.

legendary
Activity: 1274
Can someone look over these numbers please?

I upped the frequency to 375 and the temp is still low. I checked the cables on the PSU and S5 and nothing is hot. Hell not even warm. I have everything in an unheated garage and the ambient temp is -3ºC right now.

Are the HW errors, rejects, and discards normal?

Can I keep boosting the frequency up until I hit a temp of 40-50ºC?

Using Corsair Professional Series  HX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX850)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090I9W66?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Thanks
Looks great! I didn't notice higher H/W rate till I took mine to 400 so I had it sitting at the next freq below 400 and it preformed great!

I got some really sweet deals on two of these PSU, two months back, i got two for 90 bucks each as used but thy weren't used when i got them and are still going strong.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
My pool (AntPool) UI

Poolside not too much off compared to the UI, aka 1.23 as opposed to 1.21 respectively, should be about the same after 24hrs (of course what we do not factor in is the effect of network latency on the numbers).
I'd say, whack it up!

Thanks for the feedback. It really helps.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
This wait for my S5 is painful.  Cry Cry Cry Huh Huh Huh
EMS just reports On Route Cry Cry

I want to test the S5 before our bleeping 'load shedding'(power cuts) start.

Are you tracking it on your home country's website or China EMS website. Use www.17track.net and it should  give you detailed information from China and then from your home country when it arrives.

Thanks for the advice.
That site is alot more detailed.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
This wait for my S5 is painful.  Cry Cry Cry Huh Huh Huh
EMS just reports On Route Cry Cry

I want to test the S5 before our bleeping 'load shedding'(power cuts) start.

Are you tracking it on your home country's website or China EMS website. Use www.17track.net and it should  give you detailed information from China and then from your home country when it arrives.

EMS don't seem to be very express, 2 parcels from China have arrived (bought 5-10 days after S5s) and I'm still waiting for the miners.

Last tracking info from EMS 13.1. 2015, DHgate reported arrival to my country about week ago.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Can someone look over these numbers please?

I upped the frequency to 375 and the temp is still low. I checked the cables on the PSU and S5 and nothing is hot. Hell not even warm. I have everything in an unheated garage and the ambient temp is -3ºC right now.

Are the HW errors, rejects, and discards normal?

Can I keep boosting the frequency up until I hit a temp of 40-50ºC?

Using Corsair Professional Series  HX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX850)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090I9W66?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Thanks
Looks great! I didn't notice higher H/W rate till I took mine to 400 so I had it sitting at the next freq below 400 and it preformed great!
Jump to: