Author

Topic: ANTMINER S5: 1155GH(+OverClock Potential), In Stock $0.319/GH & 0.51W/GH - page 209. (Read 451039 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500
My pool (AntPool) UI

Poolside not too much off compared to the UI, aka 1.23 as opposed to 1.21 respectively, should be about the same after 24hrs (of course what we do not factor in is the effect of network latency on the numbers).
I'd say, whack it up!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
Can someone look over these numbers please?

I upped the frequency to 375 and the temp is still low. I checked the cables on the PSU and S5 and nothing is hot. Hell not even warm. I have everything in an unheated garage and the ambient temp is -3ºC right now.

Are the HW errors, rejects, and discards normal?

Can I keep boosting the frequency up until I hit a temp of 40-50ºC?

Using Corsair Professional Series  HX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX850)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090I9W66?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

img

Thanks
Looking good to me .... bitmain have not given a guide on an acceptable HW error %, but those are fairly low in my reckoning.
You should be looking at the UI numbers in conjunction with the pool reported numbers to get a reasonable check on how the rig is performing. In my case, I got a better poolside rate (over 24hrs) than was reported in the UI running at 400 (I think the temps were 46,53), but I am getting a lower pool rate compared to the UI one @ 412.5 with similar temps (not yet 24hrs at that freq), though both the pool and UI rates are higher @ 412.5 than @ 400 by approx 40-55 Gh/s. More pertinent though is that the HW % has gone up significantly compared to the last, though still low in the grand scheme of things, talking 0.0099% @ 412.5 compared to 0.0009% @ 400

My pool (AntPool) UI

Activity: 728
Okay guys, while its inevitable that there will be a certain amount of discussion about mining speculation that will occur here, can you take the big discussions to that subforum please? This thread is designed for those looking for hardware / troubleshooting / technical information about S5s specifically.
Congrats, I never realized you were a mod now. I don't see it indicated beside your avatar.
Activity: 518

I upped the frequency to 375 and the temp is still low. I checked the cables on the PSU and S5 and nothing is hot. Hell not even warm. I have everything in an unheated garage and the ambient temp is -3ºC right now.

Using Corsair Professional Series  HX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX850)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0090I9W66?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

img

Thanks
Looking good to me .... bitmain have not given a guide on an acceptable HW error %, but those are fairly low in my reckoning.
You should be looking at the UI numbers in conjunction with the pool reported numbers to get a reasonable check on how the rig is performing. In my case, I got a better poolside rate (over 24hrs) than was reported in the UI running at 400 (temps were 43,51), but I am getting a lower pool rate compared to the UI one @ 412.5 with temps @ 45, 52 (not yet 24hrs at that freq), though both the pool and UI rates are higher @ 412.5 than @ 400 by approx 40-55 Gh/s. More pertinent though is that the HW % has gone up significantly compared to the last, though still low in the grand scheme of things, talking 0.0099% @ 412.5 compared to 0.0009% @ 400
Activity: 338
Merit: 250

Using Corsair Professional Series  HX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX850)

Thanks

Keep a close eye on your miner, but others report that some can get to 412.5M or 425M before hitting a wall.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

Using Corsair Professional Series  HX 850 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Gold (HX850)

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
This wait for my S5 is painful.  Cry Cry Cry Huh Huh Huh
EMS just reports On Route Cry Cry

I want to test the S5 before our bleeping 'load shedding'(power cuts) start.

Are you tracking it on your home country's website or China EMS website. Use www.17track.net and it should  give you detailed information from China and then from your home country when it arrives.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
anyone have coupons they want to give away to "lukebarrie"? for higher-value ones i would be willing to give a small thank you of 0.001-0.003BTC each (looking for about 5 coupons)
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
https://eloncity.io
This wait for my S5 is painful.  Cry Cry Cry Huh Huh Huh
EMS just reports On Route Cry Cry

I want to test the S5 before our bleeping 'load shedding'(power cuts) start.
Activity: 635
Somebody knows any solutions to make the green led solid green not blinking when the machine works?

It's no good to wait for the blinking when I check the machines....

If you halved the miner difficulty, the average time between green flashes [if we're talking about the same LED?] should half. Who knows which file LED behaviour is stored in...

I was talkin about the green led at the fron of the miner under the red one.

I can do nothing with miner difficulty due to vardiff at pool.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Somebody knows any solutions to make the green led solid green not blinking when the machine works?

If you halved the miner difficulty, the average time between green flashes [if we're talking about the same LED?] should half. Who knows which file LED behaviour is stored in...
Activity: 635

Activity: 344
I would be surprised is 100MHz gave 350-450GH/s. Based on my measurements at different setpoints, the S5 seems to get around 320-330GH/s per 100MHz.

Thanks for response.
But it is possible by changing one value in provided software and the miner is stable at this setup?
I have only one requirement: it must run below 20dB and only modification accepted is the change of the fans.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
I would be surprised is 100MHz gave 350-450GH/s. Based on my measurements at different setpoints, the S5 seems to get around 320-330GH/s per 100MHz.
Activity: 344
[..]
Also, setting the frequency to 100M equals around 140-180watt usage at the wall while getting 350-450GH, didn't let it run long to see if it was stable rate on the pool.

Sorry if this this OT a bit Smiley:

Let me make sure I understand this correctly: You can underclock this miner to 100Mhz without any firmware/hardware modifications?
At 140-180watt you could probably run this miner below 20dB with a proper fan?
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Why doesn't S5 became idle when it has no connection with Internet at all? Why it still heating an air and eating an electricity?..  Huh
tl;dr - Chain design
They most likely want to make sure to keep all cores working at all times in order to keep the power draw of each chip balanced. Otherwise the voltage across chips would fluctuate, and you get Prisma-like fireworks.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076
BTCLife.global participant
Why doesn't S5 became idle when it has no connection with Internet at all? Why it still heating an air and eating an electricity?..  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Is there an SSH command or script that I could run on a computer on the S5 network that would keep the S5 responding to SSH commands, but not mine?
Then later on a command to resume mining?  I couldn't find a program that would operate as an on off timer, and using a physical wall outlet power timer seems a bit barbaric.
Also, setting the frequency to 100M equals around 140-180watt usage at the wall while getting 350-450GH, didn't let it run long to see if it was stable rate on the pool.

I believe plink can do what you are asking.  It comes with putty.  You can setup a scheduled task or a cronjob or whatever depending on the host OS of the computer you are using to SSH to the miner.  A scrypt file calling plink can connect to the miner and send a command.  I am not sure what the commands would look like to stop and start cgminer so you might have to experiment.  I know that running killall cgminer from the crontab on the miner will stop cgminer so running that from SSH might do the same.  You would also have to stop the cgminer-monitor task since that thing basically checks to see if cgminer is running and if not restarts it.  I suppose you could always just do a reboot as the command to start mining since everything would start automatically when it rebooted.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com
Okay guys, while its inevitable that there will be a certain amount of discussion about mining speculation that will occur here, can you take the big discussions to that subforum please? This thread is designed for those looking for hardware / troubleshooting / technical information about S5s specifically.
Jump to: