Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 174. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I was curious about using a 240v? pdu for my antminer s7 but have zero experience with them. I believe my house has a line in it that I may be able to utilize but I need to have an electrician look it over first (2 20amp fuses with a funny looking outlet presumably for a window a/c unit?). I was curious what brand pdu everyone is using  and what type of plug end it has?? Do these have built in surge protection? I currently use multiple corsair psu hooked up to some battery backups but no way to remotely reset them while I am away. Sorry, I am fairly new to this

Are you saying 2 20 together?   Like the ones with the bar between them hooking them together.  Or are you saying two separate breakers?  (40 amp would be a TON to give a window AC I cannot imagine any window ac having this, that is why I want you to check).    Does your fusebox have written inside what goes to what?  If you had a good electrician it will.... if lazy one it will be blank.

But on PDU I owe it to phil.  You can get them much cheaper on ebay they the stores.  I was looking at amazon and such and used working PDU's show up a lot on Ebay.

But I think find out more about the fusebox and go from there.  But if you feel uncomfortable with power get a electrician as there is a lot of power.  So it all kinda depends on you.

Yea, for that I would assume a standard dryer hookup as those are usually 40 amps.

It's hard to tell being across the internet.  I know I have a lot to my kitchen to.   I'm hoping it is written on the inside of his box.

But so far I'm not sure if him looking at it is good.  I don't like to tell people to go check in it unless they are confident.  And electrician will give quote for free if you are wanting 240 and not conformable doing it.   Some are much better then others at telling you what your current setup is.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519

Here is what the wall outlet looks like, right next to a window. There are 2 separate 20 amp fuses in the box next to eachother turned off. They are labeled "httr I flor 240" .... the previous owners were European that spoke very poor English
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
I was curious about using a 240v? pdu for my antminer s7 but have zero experience with them. I believe my house has a line in it that I may be able to utilize but I need to have an electrician look it over first (2 20amp fuses with a funny looking outlet presumably for a window a/c unit?). I was curious what brand pdu everyone is using  and what type of plug end it has?? Do these have built in surge protection? I currently use multiple corsair psu hooked up to some battery backups but no way to remotely reset them while I am away. Sorry, I am fairly new to this

Are you saying 2 20 together?   Like the ones with the bar between them hooking them together.  Or are you saying two separate breakers?  (40 amp would be a TON to give a window AC I cannot imagine any window ac having this, that is why I want you to check).    Does your fusebox have written inside what goes to what?  If you had a good electrician it will.... if lazy one it will be blank.

But on PDU I owe it to phil.  You can get them much cheaper on ebay they the stores.  I was looking at amazon and such and used working PDU's show up a lot on Ebay.

But I think find out more about the fusebox and go from there.  But if you feel uncomfortable with power get a electrician as there is a lot of power.  So it all kinda depends on you.

Yea, for that I would assume a standard dryer hookup as those are usually 40 amps.
legendary
Activity: 1456

legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
I hardware wallet all of us [miners] may be interested in as an alternative to Trezor:

https://www.keepkey.com

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115772/keepkey-and-trezor-bitcoin-vaults-in-your-pocket

KeepKey is a fork of the Trezor. For the time being, it's the same product.

Granted it's cooler looking, but it's also much more expensive. I'd rather get two Trezors at full price (it's a good idea to have a backup unit) and have some money left over.

From the KeepKey FAQ:

--snip--

Is KeepKey compatible with Trezor?

KeepKey is actually a fork of the Trezor project. We have maintained compatibility through development, and are compatible with Trezor v1.3.3. We have kept certain features of Trezor for which KeepKey has implemented differently (for example device recovery). We intend to sunset these Trezor specific features in the near future, as well as bring an array of new KeepKey features. Therefore, expect to see compatibility dissipate over time.

--snip--
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
legendary
Activity: 1596
Another perfect S7 (B7) delivered to me today. Thanks, bitmain!
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
legendary
Activity: 1232
Some of it on ebay is probably NOT an intentional scam.
Just some hopeful newbs buying a machine that they don't really know how to handle, then messing it up and running to the protective cover of ebay (apart from the obvious OP case).
NOT as described-sure, after they burn it down by using LIVE connector (see Phil's posts about this problem) to controller after misinterpreting bitmain's ESL instructions (much better than my chinese, admittedly).

Yeah but in all the cases above the buyer didn't even ship the units back! I got screwed in this way on ebay years ago. I had an account with over 200 feedback, all positive, and had it since the site started back in the late 1990s.

Once ebay over tripled their fees they went downhill quick. You used to be able to ban people with under any number of feedback from bidding on your auctions which I always did on high value items $1,000+, at least over 10-20 feedback I remember for sure. Not anymore. You also used to be able to send negative feedback for buyers, which kept them in check. Not anymore. The buyers started to send me negative feedback for the stupidest things after that, basically ruining my perfect account. I had to kiss ass and give kick backs just to get the damn feedbacks removed, much like the feedback scammers on Yelp. They really get you by the balls and it sucks.

The final straw for me was when I got a charge back for a very large ticket item, and never even got the item shipped back to me. They went and took the money straight out of my bank account one day. It overdrafted me and made it so that my bills, rent, and everything that month were screwed up because I sold the item to free up the cash for bills and rent and the end of a hard month.

I hate ebay now when I used to love it and stand by it. I used to make almost all of my purchases and sales on it religiously. Not anymore. I'll use it for a few things if I have to but only as a last resort. I mostly only buy now as I can't take the risks associated with selling on that shit site. They really ruined a good thing.

I am a 12 or 13 year ebay member selling has become really hard to do.
I have won three chargebacks .
You can win chargebacks I am three for three. I have signed off on a ton of shit to win the chargebacks and I was fully covered that said I became too tired to do much selling on ebay as the clever bad buyer of your tech will beat you.
I could describe how to steal as a bad buyer but I do not want to teach any bad guys how to steal.

I do not want to get ripped off by a slick thief so I am very careful when I sell on ebay.

Don't sell a motherboard
Don't sell a good pc with lots of highend parts
Don't sell a gpu high end.
You can sell a sealed hdd under warranty.

As A seller of a lot of tech I used to sell ram overseas no can do as shipping became less secure.

I used to sell a ton of asic usb sticks. Did well with them.  Got some returns but still did well. I gave a lot of support to newbies.  But selling on ebay is really hard.  my ebay name is philipma957  you can go to the site and see I am 1500 with 0 negative.  but I have not sold an item in more then a month.

Phil I got you beat on the length of time as a seller.  My EBay user ID is Playlikeachampion over 16 years. Sold a ton of Notre Dame football jerseys (why the name we have) when we started and then a lot of miners also. Cost got to be to high to keep doing it full time. You have me beat on the feedback as I am only in the 1300's.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Anyone OCed his Batch 7 to 650 Mhz ? is it performing well ??

Playing around with different clock freqs. Here's a snapshot from my current test.

Looking at the RPM's on those fans, you must have them set around 30% manual.  It looks like you need to bring up the fans to at least 80% to get those HW errors and temps down.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Am I missing something? You'd spend $300 for three PSUs to run the blades but you can get an EVGA G2 1600 for about $320 and it'll power the whole thing with a 10 year warranty. I don't see why you wouldn't just go that route and have "one switch to rule them all".

Am I missing something? You'd spend $320 on a PSU to power 1 miner when you can get a server PSU for ~$200 that will run 2x of them? Smiley

Haha, Finksy, you got me there. My only reason for running the EVGA's is repurposing them into my computers at some point in the future and that 10 year warranty. If not for needing them to pull double duty I'd have gone with a server model.

Not to mention that not everyone has access to 240V circuits either...for a standard home outlet, the EVGA would work.

I have about 15 ANTEC Power Supply ATX12V 750 Power Supply EA-750 PLATINUMs for sale if you want a high quality PSU.  80 PLUS PLATINUM certified- Up to 93% efficient, to reduce your electricity bill. New about $135, used from me $90.    haha - I take Bitcoin!
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
forget about atx psu's if 1 wants to run s7's oc'ed. imo, the s7's are not built/meant for home mining anymore.

server psu's with adjustable voltage + 16 awg (or better) pcie cables is the way to go. yes 7 is enough to run an s7 but if you have 10 just plug them in & to be covered by the warranty.

those with high hw errors can try to just "save & apply" i call it a "soft/soft reboot" ? or a proper reboot then "save & apply"

temps over 70 deg C is high, do adjust fans. if fans or environment not helping, REDUCE those clocks. i think below 65 deg C is safe.

yes it is loud, yes it is hot so can't make too much complaints abt it, it's just the way it is.

fans are delta 12038, i have a few spares (ordered another bunch of them) tfc1212de & they're insanely powerful. i use them to cool down the server psu's & they're doing a great job, the noise is not as annoying as those 4cm high pitched fans.

specs :

Size: 120 * 120 * 38mm
Voltage: 12V
Current: 3.9A
Power: 46.8W
Speed: 4800RPM
Noise: 65DB
air volume: 190CFM
bearings: high density and high speed dual ball bearing
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

I do not want to get ripped off by a slick thief so I am very careful when I sell on ebay.

Don't sell a motherboard

As A seller of a lot of tech I used to sell ram overseas no can do as shipping became less secure.

I used to sell a ton of asic usb sticks. Did well with them.  Got some returns but still did well. I gave a lot of support to newbies.  But selling on ebay is really hard.  my ebay name is philipma957  you can go to the site and see I am 1500 with 0 negative.  but I have not sold an item in more then a month.

they will get in trouble at some point. I also become more of a buyer than seller. I was selling my own family old iphones there, but last time two or three people bought the phone, then did not pay, so I had to go through circles (~one week) to get the listing fee back. Selling S3, S5 and SP20 was OK with one return that turned out to be fair, but i would not dare to sell S7 there until they are in $400-500 range and maybe not even then.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Am I missing something? You'd spend $300 for three PSUs to run the blades but you can get an EVGA G2 1600 for about $320 and it'll power the whole thing with a 10 year warranty. I don't see why you wouldn't just go that route and have "one switch to rule them all".

Am I missing something? You'd spend $320 on a PSU to power 1 miner when you can get a server PSU for ~$200 that will run 2x of them? Smiley

120 volt is an issue

and noise  is an issue.

so if you do not have 240 volt you get an evga 1300 or 1600

if noise is a problem you go evga.

I have two evga 1600 plat+tit -------------run two s-7's

I have two seasonic 1200 plat---------------run two avalon 6

I am waiting for your 2x 2000 psu  and I will use that to run my gear.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Some of it on ebay is probably NOT an intentional scam.
Just some hopeful newbs buying a machine that they don't really know how to handle, then messing it up and running to the protective cover of ebay (apart from the obvious OP case).
NOT as described-sure, after they burn it down by using LIVE connector (see Phil's posts about this problem) to controller after misinterpreting bitmain's ESL instructions (much better than my chinese, admittedly).

Yeah but in all the cases above the buyer didn't even ship the units back! I got screwed in this way on ebay years ago. I had an account with over 200 feedback, all positive, and had it since the site started back in the late 1990s.

Once ebay over tripled their fees they went downhill quick. You used to be able to ban people with under any number of feedback from bidding on your auctions which I always did on high value items $1,000+, at least over 10-20 feedback I remember for sure. Not anymore. You also used to be able to send negative feedback for buyers, which kept them in check. Not anymore. The buyers started to send me negative feedback for the stupidest things after that, basically ruining my perfect account. I had to kiss ass and give kick backs just to get the damn feedbacks removed, much like the feedback scammers on Yelp. They really get you by the balls and it sucks.

The final straw for me was when I got a charge back for a very large ticket item, and never even got the item shipped back to me. They went and took the money straight out of my bank account one day. It overdrafted me and made it so that my bills, rent, and everything that month were screwed up because I sold the item to free up the cash for bills and rent and the end of a hard month.

I hate ebay now when I used to love it and stand by it. I used to make almost all of my purchases and sales on it religiously. Not anymore. I'll use it for a few things if I have to but only as a last resort. I mostly only buy now as I can't take the risks associated with selling on that shit site. They really ruined a good thing.

I am a 12 or 13 year ebay member selling has become really hard to do.
I have won three chargebacks .
You can win chargebacks I am three for three. I have signed off on a ton of shit to win the chargebacks and I was fully covered that said I became too tired to do much selling on ebay as the clever bad buyer of your tech will beat you.
I could describe how to steal as a bad buyer but I do not want to teach any bad guys how to steal.

Don't sell a motherboard

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Haha, Finksy, you got me there. My only reason for running the EVGA's is repurposing them into my computers at some point in the future and that 10 year warranty. If not for needing them to pull double duty I'd have gone with a server model.

Not to mention that not everyone has access to 240V circuits either...for a standard home outlet, the EVGA would work.
Activity: 359
Merit: 251

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

No, I have 2 HX850's leftover from selling my S5's and those were bought last year sometime to each handle 2 S3's.  So I only need to buy a single RM750 for $100 to handle my needs.

Roger that. I missed that you had 2 already.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Are there any suggestions for replacement fans? Just in case one is broken or they are too loud?
Greetings,
me

Delta 12038. I doubt that you will find a quiet replacement. CFM has to be high to push air through all that heat sink metal.
I did fan mods on S5, but will not even try on S7. Too much chance of messing up a $1500-1800 piece of machinery.
Jump to: