Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 172. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002
Go Big or Go Home.....
Yup. Typical Chinese customer service... Lol

I don't think we're getting anything back. What pisses me off more is they have the $150 coupons away in a heartbeat a week or two ago to that other batch......
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
hi guys ... anyone get batch 1 refund information ? Cry Cry
when oct still get a email reply will get soon...
but now is dec still no any respond from bitmain SadSad

Don't hold your breath, you won't get it. Look into the S4 psu "compensation" promises from Bitmain.

Yes it sucks....nothing but a broken promise

Par for the course, unfortunately. I wish they'd just outright say "Too bad, it's late, you're SOL. Thank you for your business." instead of making promises they know they won't keep.
legendary
Activity: 1232

Don't hold your breath, you won't get it. Look into the S4 psu "compensation" promises from Bitmain.

Yes it sucks....nothing but a broken promise
legendary

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Dear Santa Clau...hrr..Bitmaintech.  All I want for christmas is my batch 8, if it would get here in time, I would be so happy.  Thanks, and happy new year.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I wonder if I should make better wires for the batch 7 miner, I have 4mm2 wires about 40cm/16" coming from DPS-600s and PCI-e connectors with 4" thin wires soldered to cut off cheapo molex to PCI-e wires?
Voltage is 12.14V at miner end running and 12.5V without load.
legendary
Activity: 1456

I believe I'm doing what you are doing to inspect the rigs from now on with future batches.  Especially, after reading the WARNING here in the photo you provided.

Thanks for sharing...

Interesting for sure.  I like that they gave customer permission to open it and check.   That is much better then the don't touch policy.

Maybe they are changing for the better on warranty... or maybe to many were falling off.  Makes me wonder on number for them to send that letter with it.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

I believe I'm doing what you are doing to inspect the rigs from now on with future batches.  Especially, after reading the WARNING here in the photo you provided.

Thanks for sharing...
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I don't think they will reduce the price at all. If you bought this miner back in Sept when the diff was around 60 bill and price was $220, you are pretty much at the same ROI period now then before. Actually a slightly better ROI since price is > then diff.

Most calculated 7 months ROI, so in 4-5 months these machines should be completely paid off.  It was a great investment that paid off. Pretty much any miner bought in 2015 was a great investment.

Yeah, at least, unless the price crash hard.

I'm still irritated i could not get one of those S7 when the BTC crashed from 400 to 300 super fast. Bitmain had the lesser units 4ths~ locked at 4btc, so they dropped at 1200$USD equivalent.

That would of been a nice grab.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I don't think they will reduce the price at all. If you bought this miner back in Sept when the diff was around 60 bill and price was $220, you are pretty much at the same ROI period now then before. Actually a slightly better ROI since price is > then diff.

Most calculated 7 months ROI, so in 4-5 months these machines should be completely paid off.  It was a great investment that paid off. Pretty much any miner bought in 2015 was a great investment.

legendary
Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009
One question guys. I Planing to buy Antminer S7 - batch8. I dont know why is this batch overclocked on 700m and hiting "only" 4.7Ths? Previous batchs hit this hashrate with only 600m-625m. Is this some bad batch or what, I suppose b8 unit will heat lot more than previous.

Look at the number of chips it is less on batch 8 from batch 7 and previous batches

B7 162 @ 625mhz
B8 135 @ 700mhz

what I don't get is how they claim the same power efficency
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
After the reset it was set at 700.  None of the frequencies were marked as default.  JB

Well that is interesting there has always in my experince been a frequency that has been marked as default, will be interesting to see what other people have? Good news is that if you have a Batch 6 that has a low HW error rate at 700MHz then that is vey nice.  Smiley

Rich

I have 4 Batch 1's and none of them have a default frequency marked.  They all came set at 600 and they all perform well at ~4820-4860 with 2 at HW ~0.0008% and 2 at HW ~0.0050%.

Well in that case looks like Bitmain changed the norm of having a Frequency marked as default, but looks like it is set to a frequency when delivered & does default to one when reset? Perhaps not surprising when you look at the number of flavours we have had so far? Will be interesting to hear if this is the case for all Batches and the upgrades to the firmware?

Rich
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)
After the reset it was set at 700.  None of the frequencies were marked as default.  JB

Well that is interesting there has always in my experince been a frequency that has been marked as default, will be interesting to see what other people have? Good news is that if you have a Batch 6 that has a low HW error rate at 700MHz then that is vey nice.  Smiley

Rich

I have 4 Batch 1's and none of them have a default frequency marked.  They all came set at 600 and they all perform well at ~4820-4860 with 2 at HW ~0.0008% and 2 at HW ~0.0050%.

Rich
Activity: 6
After the reset it was set at 700.  None of the frequencies were marked as default.  JB
Hello all,  I have a batch 6 machine which I found necessary to hard reset (don't ask).  Prior to that it had been Hashing along at 4.03 as expected with no problems.  After the reset I watched it visually until the light and sound show indicated it was hashing ok.  When I went to the computer to look I found it was hashing at 4.7 Terahashes/sec, temps were ok, error rate 0.0001.  The freq was 700.  Do I have a batch 8 in disguise?  Could it have failed some batch 8 quality check and just had the freq turned down to 600 rather than loading software with default 600?  Anyone else with a batch 6 had this experience?  J. Balsley

So when you go to Miner Configuration - Advanced Settings.  What Frequency is it set to and what is shown as the Default Frequency?

Rich
Activity: 6
Hello all,  I have a batch 6 machine which I found necessary to hard reset (don't ask).  Prior to that it had been Hashing along at 4.03 as expected with no problems.  After the reset I watched it visually until the light and sound show indicated it was hashing ok.  When I went to the computer to look I found it was hashing at 4.7 Terahashes/sec, temps were ok, error rate 0.0001.  The freq was 700.  Do I have a batch 8 in disguise?  Could it have failed some batch 8 quality check and just had the freq turned down to 600 rather than loading software with default 600?  Anyone else with a batch 6 had this experience?  J. Balsley
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006
Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Anyone OCed his Batch 7 to 650 Mhz ? is it performing well ??

Playing around with different clock freqs. Here's a snapshot from my current test.

Looking at the RPM's on those fans, you must have them set around 30% manual.  It looks like you need to bring up the fans to at least 80% to get those HW errors and temps down.
I am in Switz. There's a communal law on the amount of noise one can generate esp. at night. Also the miner pulls cold air from the outside. Have to live with these temps.

Here's the perf with 687MHz clock speed.

Very nice overclock! What power supply are you using, and what voltage are you measuring at the hash boards? I can't seem to get my units happy over 662.

I am using the Bitmain PSU. Will measure voltage and power soon.
legendary
Anyone OCed his Batch 7 to 650 Mhz ? is it performing well ??

Playing around with different clock freqs. Here's a snapshot from my current test.

Looking at the RPM's on those fans, you must have them set around 30% manual.  It looks like you need to bring up the fans to at least 80% to get those HW errors and temps down.
I am in Switz. There's a communal law on the amount of noise one can generate esp. at night. Also the miner pulls cold air from the outside. Have to live with these temps.

Here's the perf with 687MHz clock speed.

Very nice overclock! What power supply are you using, and what voltage are you measuring at the hash boards? I can't seem to get my units happy over 662.
Jump to: