Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 176. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 359
Merit: 251
I had bought a week ago antminer s7 but one chain problem and hasrate 3000 ~ghs working..Please help me...the following problem photographs,

Looks like no power to the last hashing board. (far left looking at the front of the miner)
Activity: 662
Merit: 501
I had bought a week ago antminer s7 but one chain problem and hasrate 3000 ~ghs working..Please help me...the following problem photographs,
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Most are ranging from $2,200 to $2,500.

The seller still has to pay 2.5% to eBay and 10% to PayPal.

I thought it was 10% to ebay and 4% to paypal.  You can get ebay deals though sometimes.  I had $5 final value fee not too long ago.

You can get occasional deals like that.

Final value fees charged by eBay are normally 10%.  This does not include any possible listing fees.  I had it reversed.  PayPal is normally always 2.5% for anything sold on eBay.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
if you want to scam people into paying really high prices, like on ebay, then...well...

You realize that with an auction style listing the customer sets the price right?

I believe he is referring to the buy-it-now style.  Newbies are actually paying $3,200 for an S7 with buy-it-now.  Look at "sold listings" and you will see what I'm talking about.

Scroll down to Nov. 16th and Nov. 15th in the following link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=antminer%20S7&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Holy crap.

I thought it was 10% to ebay and 4% to paypal.  You can get ebay deals though sometimes.  I had $5 final value fee not too long ago.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
if you want to scam people into paying really high prices, like on ebay, then...well...

You realize that with an auction style listing the customer sets the price right?

I believe he is referring to the buy-it-now style.  Newbies are actually paying $3,200 for an S7 with buy-it-now.  Look at "sold listings" and you will see what I'm talking about.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=antminer%20S7&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Holy crap.

legendary

Holy crap.  You know, based on the horror stories people keep telling here about ebay that seems super risky for the seller though.  I got around $300 for my 2 S3's with a PSU not too long ago so if I get hosed with a return it won't kill me.  Plus they already earned what I paid for them and then some.  But a brand new S7.  That would hurt if someone did a chargeback and kept it at any price.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

legendary

legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

Problem is, it's easy to sell on ebay than anywhere else.  I posted 3 S5's and sold them all the same day on ebay.  I could put them out in the forums here and not get any real interest for weeks since nobody wants them anymore.

This.  And you can get high prices on ebay that nobody on this forum would ever pay.  I sold some miners recently and I was a little nervous when a person with only 16 ratings bid on it but they sold to people with more than 30 ratings.  

Are you allowed to put in the listing that you will not sell to anyone with less than 10 ratings (or whatever cutoff)?  In the buyer requirements you can only select to block users who "Have a feedback score of -1 or lower" which basically means they already misbehaved in at least one transaction.

Also it seems to me that if they gave positive feedback they should be essentially giving up any right to bitch about the sale later.

Yes, you can put whatever stipulations in the auction or buy-it-now.  I know eBay says otherwise.  However, you do risk a negative feedback.  The worse they can say in the negative feedback is you did not ship the item to them.  You can also respond to their feedback stating WHY you did not ship to them and that you sent their money back to them.  You can also block that buyer from participating in future auctions of yours.

I also intend to search PayPal user agreement for sellers to see how they get away with chargeback claims being charged back to the seller after the buyer has kept merchandise and made no effort to return it.  I will then post that part of the user agreement in the auction or buy-it-now for the item up for sell so there is no confusion.
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
Problem is, it's easy to sell on ebay than anywhere else.  I posted 3 S5's and sold them all the same day on ebay.  I could put them out in the forums here and not get any real interest for weeks since nobody wants them anymore.
That's a fair point, but I think I'd rather play the market here on Bitcointalk for a couple weeks than sell something worth > $1000 on eBay the day it's posted and risk being scammed.

I'd just post it on a local internet listing, like kijiji.ca where I live.  A fellow bitcoin enthusiast will contact you and buy it with cash, or bitcoin.  easy, maybe not as safe as the guy is coming over to your house / meet in public, but whatever you screen people based on their grammar Smiley  OF course, this is only valid if you actually sell at a reasonable price, if you want to scam people into paying really high prices, like on ebay, then...well...go complain somewhere else you cant sell ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ s5 should be able to sell for 300$ no?
legendary

Problem is, it's easy to sell on ebay than anywhere else.  I posted 3 S5's and sold them all the same day on ebay.  I could put them out in the forums here and not get any real interest for weeks since nobody wants them anymore.

This.  And you can get high prices on ebay that nobody on this forum would ever pay.  I sold some miners recently and I was a little nervous when a person with only 16 ratings bid on it but they sold to people with more than 30 ratings. 

Are you allowed to put in the listing that you will not sell to anyone with less than 10 ratings (or whatever cutoff)?  In the buyer requirements you can only select to block users who "Have a feedback score of -1 or lower" which basically means they already misbehaved in at least one transaction.

Also it seems to me that if they gave positive feedback they should be essentially giving up any right to bitch about the sale later.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Have a buyer that issued a chargeback claim to their credit card for a purchase 60 days ago.
Ebay doesn't know about it.
Paypal knows about it but the buyer only filed a complaint with their credit card so paypal will only accept
whatever the credit card decides to do...

Was Paypal still a part of Ebay 60 days ago? If so, they should be on the hook for something...

Exactly...  THEY should be the one filing the damn police report and giving wolfen back his money.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Have a buyer that issued a chargeback claim to their credit card for a purchase 60 days ago.
Paypal knows about it but the buyer only filed a complaint with their credit card so paypal will only accept
whatever the credit card decides to do...

Was Paypal still a part of Ebay 60 days ago? If so, they should be on the hook for something...
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
Looks like selling miners on ebay is a disaster.
whatever the credit card decides to do. They have the credit card info but will not share it with me.
Told me I will probably have to file a police report for theft. Unbelievable.

Buyer has 4 miners AND the cash. Looks like I will be the one to eat it.

I don't know how anyone can do business like this. Blatant fraud goes completely unchecked.

May be you could file a mail fraud claim. Not sure if it is applicable if you used other carriers than USPS.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/

Got a point there.  Or take it to small claims court since it is less than $5,000.  The perpetrator would receive a summons to show up in court.  If they do not go to court, they will go to jail and be delivered to court in shackles.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Looks like selling miners on ebay is a disaster.
whatever the credit card decides to do. They have the credit card info but will not share it with me.
Told me I will probably have to file a police report for theft. Unbelievable.

Buyer has 4 miners AND the cash. Looks like I will be the one to eat it.

I don't know how anyone can do business like this. Blatant fraud goes completely unchecked.

May be you could file a mail fraud claim. Not sure if it is applicable if you used other carriers than USPS.

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/
Activity: 373
Merit: 252
That's a fair point, but I think I'd rather play the market here on Bitcointalk for a couple weeks than sell something worth > $1000 on eBay the day it's posted and risk being scammed.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader
I'm looking forward to the launch of https://blog.openbazaar.org

Looking forward to the launch of https://twitter.com/PlutusIT as well.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
Yea, F that.  If he was a guest user I would simply cancel the sale and re-list.  Bunch of BS that Ebay lets you get scammed...plus they charge you the fees for being scammed as well.

I would think eBay will credit back the fees if he gives them a call to explain the situation.  He should not be charged back $1,600 from PayPal because they were the one's who basically says the buyer is okay.  

Bottom line:  Don't sell to anyone with less than 10 positive feedbacks as a buyer for a large amount of money.  They should have an approved PayPal account with confirmed address by that time.
I've heard similar stories like that before. IIRC OgNasty was scammed similarly when selling a few miners on eBay. They were worth less than $1600 but he was still out of the money and the miners.

I think the real bottom line is to not sell on eBay period.. I've heard way too many stories about legit sellers being ripped off by fraudulent buyers for my liking.

Activity: 373
Merit: 252
Yea, F that.  If he was a guest user I would simply cancel the sale and re-list.  Bunch of BS that Ebay lets you get scammed...plus they charge you the fees for being scammed as well.

I would think eBay will credit back the fees if he gives them a call to explain the situation.  He should not be charged back $1,600 from PayPal because they were the one's who basically says the buyer is okay.  

Bottom line:  Don't sell to anyone with less than 10 positive feedbacks as a buyer for a large amount of money.  They should have an approved PayPal account with confirmed address by that time.
I've heard similar stories like that before. IIRC OgNasty was scammed similarly when selling a few miners on eBay. They were worth less than $1600 but he was still out of the money and the miners.

I think the real bottom line is to not sell on eBay period.. I've heard way too many stories about legit sellers being ripped off by fraudulent buyers for my liking.
legendary
Technical Analyst/Trader

EDIT:

They wanted him to file a police report...  Well, with which precinct?  The one where the person who scammed him lives [Remind you he doesn't have that information]?  With precinct in same city as PayPal headquarters?  With his own precinct?  The whole thing is just bull shiznit!  I believe PayPal should be sued.  However, they probably covered their ass in the user agreement.
Jump to: