Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 198. (Read 527809 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Does antpool have ddos issues?
My poolside hashrate dropped and the miner side looks fine.
It did not flip to the secondary pool.

You should mine outside China's pools anyways. Better payout and the Chinese has plenty of hashrate already. Tongue
Check out Kano, or Slush pool if you need steady payouts i'd say.
Good point, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

You should mine outside China's pools anyways. Better payout and the Chinese has plenty of hashrate already. Tongue
Check out Kano, or Slush pool if you need steady payouts i'd say.
Ran f2pool as primary for four days without any issues.
Now with antpool as primary I see poolside hashrate drop.
Maybe the server with the stats took a hit.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
Has anyone here did a wire transfer to buy a miner from bitmain. I'm thinking on buying another miner from them but don't have any bitcoins left since I exchanged them for usd.  

Yes.  It confirmed fairly quickly, though I've heard from prior batches that they prioritize BTC payments over Wire transfers for shipping order (Huh)

Also, even though I chose to "pay all fees" associated with the wire transfer, they emailed me saying the transfer came up a bit short, and I had to pay the remainder by BTC.  Oh the hoops we jump through...

yes indeed the hoops, and thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
Has anyone here did a wire transfer to buy a miner from bitmain. I'm thinking on buying another miner from them but don't have any bitcoins left since I exchanged them for usd.  

Yes.  It confirmed fairly quickly, though I've heard from prior batches that they prioritize BTC payments over Wire transfers for shipping order (Huh)

Also, even though I chose to "pay all fees" associated with the wire transfer, they emailed me saying the transfer came up a bit short, and I had to pay the remainder by BTC.  Oh the hoops we jump through...
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
I was about to order the batch 8 but now I am having second thoughts about ROI.
Even with free electricity, the analysis here https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/mining/a/JzZtkWrbEJb3LeJj28EoCk
shows that I would ROI on August 2016, assuming starting mining on January 2016 and ~5 billion difficulty increase each month (best case scenario). (purchase cost ~$2000, including PSU and customs fees)
Keep in mind that bitcoin halving will be about July 2016.
So why would someone buy a S7?

did you calculate the money you get when you sell the s7 ?
If you're getting confused with the different S7 specs...

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201511170341298180m44675v0613 (bottom of the page)

Going by the list, the odd numbered batches have the best bang for your buck...the even numbered ones are the runts that didn't make proper spec.

I just find the whole S7 batches confusing.  I mean they are taking orders a month ahead.... which I'm not a huge fan of but I can understand it.   I liked when they ship closer to order date.

But the entire changing hashing speed per batch is getting to a almost laughable level.  I mean when S7 starts to be sold to go to second homes (eventually on a lot of them) it's going to be a mess.   I just think resale/buying used is going to be a lot more challenging with so many different specs for the same model miner.  
Yes it has really been a circus. Will be really tricky like you said to buy a used one. I like the "runt" reference, I think I peed myself laughing.
Overall they are quite the excellent machine.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201511170341298180m44675v0613 (bottom of the page)

Going by the list, the odd numbered batches have the best bang for your buck...the even numbered ones are the runts that didn't make proper spec.

I just find the whole S7 batches confusing.  I mean they are taking orders a month ahead.... which I'm not a huge fan of but I can understand it.   I liked when they ship closer to order date.

But the entire changing hashing speed per batch is getting to a almost laughable level.  I mean when S7 starts to be sold to go to second homes (eventually on a lot of them) it's going to be a mess.   I just think resale/buying used is going to be a lot more challenging with so many different specs for the same model miner. 
Activity: 180
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

legendary
Activity: 1876
Anyone know if the S7 can be underclocked? If so, what are the power consumption/hashrate?

by simply lowering the frequency in advanced setting (say from 600 to 575 or 550 Mhz).
However, efficiency stays at ~0.25J/Gh regardless, so there is not much point of doing it, unless you want it to be quieter.

when I first got mine, I ran thru some numbers with a killawatt:  I run mine at 593.75.  
Code:
freq GH/S(avg) HW watts w/gh
587.5 4,534.00 0.04% 1159 0.2556
593.75 4,583.53 0.04% 1172 0.2557
600 4,600.97 0.06% 1185 0.2576

Even with free electricity, the analysis here https://tradeblock.com/bitcoin/mining/a/JzZtkWrbEJb3LeJj28EoCk
shows that I would ROI on August 2016, assuming starting mining on January 2016 and ~5 billion difficulty increase each month (best case scenario). (purchase cost ~$2000, including PSU and customs fees)

Speculation on the price of bitcoin rising...if it doubled by the halving, you would probably ROI on it.  Either way it's a gamble.
Activity: 773
Merit: 528
Anyone out there doing remote monitoring or access to your S7s ?

I tried the Minerlink thing at Bitmain, but doesn't seem to work.

Any good way to do the monitoring / access from outside?

Someone recommended "teamviewer" but i prefer a freeware solution?

I would like to monitor hashrates, temp, etc and ability to reboot the S7s.

Teamviewer is free for personal use

It is it is quite fair they give a pop-up when you log off on computer saying like ... this is personal use if business use purchase key here... So it is not bad one box to use what really is a quite good remote desktop.

The good thing about it is it's tied to username not IP.  So if for some reason you lost power and IP changed you can still log back into it through username.  Also it has Iphone and Android apps so you can connect from your smartphone.

Ah I wasn't aware they had smartphone apps for it as well.  That's great since I can't install teamviewer at my new job...security and all that. pfft!
Oh yeah the smartphone app is the bomb.
Sitting at the doctor's office or waiting for your pizza at the shop you can check things out.

It is it is quite fair they give a pop-up when you log off on computer saying like ... this is personal use if business use purchase key here... So it is not bad one box to use what really is a quite good remote desktop.

The good thing about it is it's tied to username not IP.  So if for some reason you lost power and IP changed you can still log back into it through username.  Also it has Iphone and Android apps so you can connect from your smartphone.

Ah I wasn't aware they had smartphone apps for it as well.  That's great since I can't install teamviewer at my new job...security and all that. pfft!

I have used it for two years.
The trick is to have a pc at the remote site . Just a cheap laptop would do it. Can't tell you the pile I have of those.
I have two pc's at my remote just incase one gets funny.
No router configuration or port forwarding.
Teamviewer guys just dont want you controlling 10 pc's at the same time unless you pay. One or two.
I know I got it to work on ubuntu also. Don't think I would put it on the beaglebone on the antminer.
I use m's miner monitor or  multiminer on the pc. m's multi miner allows you to see what the stats were when it stopped working.
40 miner stats at a glance.
M's miner monitor will reboot using SSH

legendary
Activity: 1456

The good thing about it is it's tied to username not IP.  So if for some reason you lost power and IP changed you can still log back into it through username.  Also it has Iphone and Android apps so you can connect from your smartphone.
Activity: 805
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader

Have you seen this one?  

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptoglance-v21-open-source-self-hosted-multi-rig-monitoring-tool-569924

EDIT:  You may still need to use Teamviewer to reboot.
Jump to: