Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 199. (Read 527809 times)

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
Anyone out there doing remote monitoring or access to your S7s ?

I tried the Minerlink thing at Bitmain, but doesn't seem to work.

Any good way to do the monitoring / access from outside?

Someone recommended "teamviewer" but i prefer a freeware solution?

I would like to monitor hashrates, temp, etc and ability to reboot the S7s.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
I will put it in a small room, and I don't want the room temperature to go very high, so I want to be able to underclock it.
Another question: Is there a way to change the web interface port from 80 to a 5-digit port? I want to use port forwarding on my router so that I can be able to remote control it.

Assuming you know what port-forwarding entails, the simple, straight-foward way would be to simply do your port forwarding to the defaul port 80 of the S7 on your gateway. (EDIT: You'd need SSH access to your gateway so that you change the gateway's default port  from 80 to another else you'll not be able to access the web interface of the gateway anymore!)

A more involved way, if you can not get the above to work: I think S7 uses lighttpd (lighty) as its web server, so all you'd need to do is change the port in the lighttpd.conf file (not sure where they keep it), but whenever you try to log-on locally, you'll have to append the port number to the IP. For external log-on, the port forwarding will cancatenate the port for you. Remember, after changing the conf file you'll need to restart lighty.
EDIT: Also ensure (if you use the latter) that the said 5-digit port is open in the firewall settings of the S7.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
My question is, can I use 2 HX850's to power up the latest batch?  It's getting close to 1300W.  I am currently running my B3 on 2 HX850's right now and it's hashing along fine.  But how much wattage do these boards draw at 700 MHz freq?
Activity: 773
Merit: 528
I will put it in a small room, and I don't want the room temperature to go very high, so I want to be able to underclock it.
Another question: Is there a way to change the web interface port from 80 to a 5-digit port? I want to use port forwarding on my router so that I can be able to remote control it.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Anyone know if the S7 can be underclocked? If so, what are the power consumption/hashrate?

by simply lowering the frequency in advanced setting (say from 600 to 575 or 550 Mhz).
However, efficiency stays at ~0.25J/Gh regardless, so there is not much point of doing it, unless you want it to be quieter.
Activity: 773
Merit: 528
Anyone know if the S7 can be underclocked? If so, what are the power consumption/hashrate?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Still no sign of the promised compensation. No reply to an email I sent asking about the compensation.

I didn't bother with creating a support incident because that has never been effective for me.

We were asked to be patient but I think that time has come and gone. I would also like to see it be taken care of.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
Still no sign of the promised compensation. No reply to an email I sent asking about the compensation.

I didn't bother with creating a support incident because that has never been effective for me.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080
---- winter*juvia -----
I have mine at fan 55% and 56-58c (night) and 58-62c (day).... I live near equator...
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
post your temps ?

i find that it works best @ 60 deg C

Mine generally ran at 48 to 54 C. So it's been easier to keep it at lower temps than the S5s.

unfrotunately climate over here ain;t that cold .. sob sob

so far lowest on a rainy evening will drop them to around mid 50's
Activity: 786
post your temps ?

Mine generally ran at 48 to 54 C. So it's been easier to keep it at lower temps than the S5s.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Batch 5 Shipped

Order Date 2015-11-04

My batch 5 - ordered 03/11 shipped 18/11 ...so this time is Bitmain better then promised
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Batch 5 Shipped

Order Date 2015-11-04
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
Batch 5 shipping notification.  So far UPS just says "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated."
legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
post your temps ?

Activity: 786

Now, I think the controller is bricked. All the LEDs on the front are now off. The blue and green lights inside the controller are solid ( ie: not blinking). I can't see it in my browser anymore. I can't reset it to default with the reset button.

So after 7 weeks and a few days of perfect functionality, my S7 is not working after an overnight internet outage of about 3 hrs.
 ( Note: there was an internet outage of about 30 mins a month ago. It didn't affect my S7 then. So, it seems if there's a longer internet outage, it messes up the controller or its memory.)

was it on 9/15 system or updated to 10/23 system? Manual or automatic fan?
i have a feeling that internet loss bug affects both, not just 9/15.

It was on 10/23 firmware and automatic fan.

Thanks for the info.  So, my going manual now should do it.  Sorry to hear about your rig and the delays you will have to contend with.  I hope it gets worked out for you soon.

Thx. If they don't replace it under warranty in a timely fashion, I will not be buying another S7. Up til this incident happened, I was ready to grab one soon.

Bitmain replaced my faulty boards fairly quickly, within a day of receiving the boards. Make sure to send pictures to expedite the process.
Thx- my heart rate just went down to normal. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Anyone know if BITMAIN will jave black friday offers?did they have any last years?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Is OregonMines a reputable hosting/colocation facility?  Has anyone done business with Matt Carson, VP Sales at OregonMines?

I need hosting/colocation for my S7s.
How many do you have?

Thank you everyone for references!  I found a local colocator and signed with them today.  Again Thanks!
Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Is OregonMines a reputable hosting/colocation facility?  Has anyone done business with Matt Carson, VP Sales at OregonMines?

How many do you have?
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
Is OregonMines a reputable hosting/colocation facility?  Has anyone done business with Matt Carson, VP Sales at OregonMines?

I guess I'm the odd man out here, but I've been hosting an SP20 there since March with no problems whatsoever.

I can't remember.  Isn't that the company that helped pull off the Black Arrow scam (used to be minersource), or am I thinking of someone else?

I think the issue is that someone who was linked to that scam now works for them. I'm just sharing my experience, and I've only dealt with the owner and the guy that runs the data center, not Matt Carson.

I don't recall Oregon Mines itself ever being involved in any scam, and they haven't scammed me. Quite the contrary, my SP20 chugs along, and I just have to pay my monthly invoice.
Jump to: