Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 350. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 23
Long time lurker here. Thought I would chime in. I ordered a dozen S7's in three different batches. The four I ordered on 8/31 have all shipped and been delivered (I'm located in the Eastern US near DC). They are up and running and hashing away. The batch I ordered on 9/5 and 9/8 have not yet shipped, so I imagine Bitmain is still in the early stages of getting those pushed out the door. They do say on their order page that shipments made up thru Oct 10th would not be considered late, but I certainly hope they don't take that long. Every day really counts now.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Seriously.  This may be true!

I would hope that when we are talking about an order for 4 units, they would pay attention, however they have the payment already, so what does it really matter to them.  They obviously shipped to high profile members and partners first, regardless of order size, I expected them to ship on day one, as in the past and arrive immediately.  Also, with these delays, some apparent ~%5 hashrate discrepancies, and the de-listing of S7 units for sale, purchasing several SP50 units instead of farming lots of S7's after this initial test set looks more and more viable IF (sigh) the units become available...

I believe they are shipping them on a first come first serve basis determined by "when" someone placed their order.  I can see where confusion can come into play if multiple items are ordered and they ship only part of the order then mark it "shipped."  I had purchased multiple S5's several months back and had to send two of them back about 3 days apart from one another.  When they shipped units back to me there was some confusion about how many S5's I sent to them and it took another week to get the second S5 shipped back to me.  It all got worked out in the end and I was happy.  I got a BITMAIN T-Shirt to boot for the confusion.

All in all, BITMAIN is a damn good company.  If issues arise during the warranty period, they do their best to make things right in a timely manner.  I'm thankful they put up with some who speak ugly things about them.  They still sell quality hardware to us despite some of the ugly words.  It's much appreciated.  They don't have to put up with us at all nor sell to us but they do and we don't have to buy in bulk.  We can buy only one unit if we like.  

They are willing to invest in staff who will respond to support issues that may arise from buyers within and after the warranty period.  I think Spondoolies and others saw this as a headache and that is part of the reason they have chosen to sell only in bulk to avoid having to hire more staff to handle the load from so many buyers for support purposes.

To be honest, I don't mind if my rig is 5% less than stated hash rate.  Plus or minus 5% is to be expected in my opinion.  I only wish we could adjust the frequency accordingly to get the rig up to the 4.86 TH/s [If the hash rate is below that] without voiding the warranty.  If it was more than 5% less than stated hash rate, I would be concerned.

As for the SP50, yes, it is a monster with an insane efficiency.  However, I can't imagine trying to get rid of the SP50 once I'm done with it.  It would be hard to find buyers willing to pay for it used at more than $15,000 +.  Not many buyers available in that price range.  The SP50 would have to be broken down and sold piece by piece (blade by blade and PSU's separately).  Maybe someone will have conversion kits available by then with a closure, controller(s), etc... to install one or more blades inside with a controller and fans.  I honestly don't see myself spending $40,000 + on a single rig (SP50) anytime soon with the block halving approaching in July next year.  I'm content staying right here with BITMAIN and smaller rigs that are a bit easier to let go of on eBay when I'm done with them.

If someone buys an SP50 in a group buy or whatever, they will be stuck with it for the long hall in my opinion.  I don't think I'm willing to take that gamble at this point in time.  I might if I had $250,000 to drop down on several of them and move to Washington State to make ROI come about much faster.  However, I don't have $250,000 to drop on that kind of investment right now.  The best I can do right now was purchasing nine (9) S7's and 14 more in December.  The rest of my money I receive in December will be used to open a couple of E-Cig stores.  Hopefully, 4 or 5 months after that I can open two more E-Cig stores.  I hope to have ten (10) stores minimum within a 2 year period.  It would be nice to have 12 to 14 stores open.  Then, if mining is still viable by January, 2018, I may get involved with mining quite heavily.

My apologies for the "short story."  I mainly wanted to say "Thanks" to BITMAIN for their patience and putting up with some of us.  Their contribution to the bitcoin mining community is much appreciated!!!  I still see their S7 as a "beast" and I believe it will be around for quite some time to come.  It can be under clocked for better efficiency in the future.  How much better?  I'm looking forward to finding out.  I know J4bberwock is working on a setup with two DPS-2000 BB server PSU's and breakout board that will also allow one to regulate the amount of voltage supplied to the rigs for better efficiency.  

Tech specifications:

4 layers of copper, 2oz on each layer
4000w output with 2x DPS-2000 BB.
30x PCI-E connectors
On/off switch
Optional adjustable output voltage from 12v to 13.7v on the older DPS-2000 BB PSUs

"Final design should be able to do from 11.2v to 13.0v to cover all the voltages supported by the BM1385 chips (0.60v to 0.71v) if you open the PSU and trim one potentiometer that is easy to access.
Without opening the PSU, the lowest voltage will be 0.6v below the original voltage of your PSU, and max voltage will be 1.2v over the original voltage."

Optional voltmeter if you want to adjust the output.

Sideplates with M3 threads (nutserts or similar) to attach both PSUs together and make the 120mm fans installation easier: 2 screws to remove from the PSUs, attach the plate, screw the fans, "et voila".

Expected price: $55.
Maximum size of first batch will be 150 boards.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gauging-interest-in-a-s5-3xs7-specific-power-supply-breakout-board-1178099  Might have to get a few... we'll see.

Cheers,

David
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Ordered my units on day one and have not even recieved tracking info yet.  NOT Happy right now. Sad

this is strange...did you check your bitmaintech account...what does it say? does it say: shipped or unshipped?
also, check your email (including spam)

My Bitmain account has shown "Shipped" in the status since my power supplies shipped on the 2nd.  I have sent several emails, all have been returned with boilerplate responses.  "Miners will ship in order" and:

"Hi,
S7 has been sold out now. but it will be available soon.
Suggest you consider prepare bitcoins during this time and place order once it's available again.

Best Regards

BITMAIN"

AND:

"Hi,
We're shipping out miners following order of full payment.
Once miners are ready, we'll ship them out.
Please wait for update patiently.

Best Regards

BITMAIN"

I think they are seeing my order as "shipped" because of the power supplies and have not fulfilled it, and even after four emails with replies like the above I can't get a personalized response.

Sad

I think everyone should take this as a learning experience...

Do NOT put rigs with PSU's in the same order.  Make separate orders for rigs and PSU's to avoid confusion in the future.  I can see how this could happen.

Seriously.  This may be true!

I would hope that when we are talking about an order for 4 units, they would pay attention, however they have the payment already, so what does it really matter to them.  They obviously shipped to high profile members and partners first, regardless of order size, I expected them to ship on day one, as in the past and arrive immediately.  Also, with these delays, some apparent ~%5 hashrate discrepancies, and the de-listing of S7 units for sale, purchasing several SP50 units instead of farming lots of S7's after this initial test set looks more and more viable IF (sigh) the units become available...
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Hello Friend what is the current shipping date going on by order date thanks

i order S7=psu and pay by btc on 10 sep thanks

i received psu in 48 hours in pakistan

But i am very happy with my S7 Working all as bitmain promised.

After 25 hours. Just one board a bit warmer. Running stable. 4.8 Th/s

Power consumsion stil low for my gold power supply's
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
I don't think the power supply's are sold out. Becouse the U3 is to at the moment. Bit odd. So in my eyes they are having some truble with shipping all the S7's

Maybe they are about to release the R1.   
legendary
Merit: 1068

Yes, Please let me know as well what the control board cables are called or the part number and where to order them. 

here is the seller and he has them in stock

J4bberwock

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12530196

Thank you, those cables look nifty, i will try to get a few. Basically it would be pretty nice for chaining S5's for now, just need to get more boards and then later on i would already have them handy for S7s.
I don't think the power supply's are sold out. Becouse the U3 is to at the moment. Bit odd. So in my eyes they are having some truble with shipping all the S7's
legendary
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Ordered my units on day one and have not even recieved tracking info yet.  NOT Happy right now. Sad

this is strange...did you check your bitmaintech account...what does it say? does it say: shipped or unshipped?

My Bitmain account has shown "Shipped" in the status since my power supplies shipped on the 2nd.  I have sent several emails, all have been returned with boilerplate responses.  "Miners will ship in order" and:

"Hi,
Suggest you consider prepare bitcoins during this time and place order once it's available again.

Best Regards

BITMAIN"

AND:

"Hi,

Best Regards

BITMAIN"

I think they are seeing my order as "shipped" because of the power supplies and have not fulfilled it, and even after four emails with replies like the above I can't get a personalized response.

Sad

I think everyone should take this as a learning experience...

Do NOT put rigs with PSU's in the same order.  Make separate orders for rigs and PSU's to avoid confusion in the future.  I can see how this could happen.

"Hi,

Best Regards

BITMAIN"

AND:

"Hi,

Best Regards

BITMAIN"

Sad
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

Yes, Please let me know as well what the control board cables are called or the part number and where to order them. 

here is the seller and he has them in stock

J4bberwock

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12530196
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Looks like they are all sold out of the APW3-12-1600-B2 PSUs as well.

Ok, but you can use EVGA 1300 with an addition of two PCI-E extenders on single branch cables. Cost for used evga is ~$125-130 on ebay, maybe slightly less here if you can find it.
legendary
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Looks like they are all sold out of the APW3-12-1600-B2 PSUs as well.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Did you pay with USD?
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

legendary
Merit: 1006
Mine for a Bit
Phil, the included data cables are long enough to stick 2 or 3 of these to 1 controller? Can we get a picture of how the 2 of them look together?

I ordered custom cables

I have a photo wait a minute

here is a shot of my controller loaded for 6 boards.  so:

1)full
2) full
 3) full
4)full
5) blank
6)full
7) blank
8 )full
9) blank

2 custom long with 4 stock short  this allows for 1 cat 5 not 2 and 1 unused controller

snip

this shows the long and the short cables.

snip

Thanks for the info and pics. May I ask where you ordered the cables from, or what they're called so I can search for them?

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
Phil, the included data cables are long enough to stick 2 or 3 of these to 1 controller? Can we get a picture of how the 2 of them look together?

I ordered custom cables

1)full
2) full
 3) full
4)full
5) blank
6)full
7) blank
8 )full
9) blank

2 custom long with 4 stock short  this allows for 1 cat 5 not 2 and 1 unused controller

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I ordered custom cables

1)full
2) full
 3) full
4)full
5) blank
6)full
7) blank
8 )full
9) blank

snip

snip

Thanks for the info and pics. May I ask where you ordered the cables from, or what they're called so I can search for them?
Jump to: