Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 352. (Read 527816 times)

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005
WoW,

So I tough my nightmare was done when I lost 1 day for the custom in China ... Guess What ... Took 1 day in the US and it's taking 1 more day in the Canada.

Did they send me drugs instead of miners ?

I never see that before... either it's bad luck, DHL sucks or i'm been flag by my government ...

DHL "Express" yeah right ...
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
has anyone tried any other freq settings?

ive got one that struggles, gets around 4750GH with 0.04 HW rate at stock settings..

and another that seems pretty beastly getting 4900GH at freq612 with 0.009 HW rate

edit: testing 606freq on the good one now, seems to be a sweet spot.. 0.006 HW and similar speed

edit2: also my 2 were pretty dusty. you can tell they werent new and have been running awhile.. even a little moth stuck inside

Pics: http://imgur.com/a/8wOjG

edit3: my second unit (the one that struggles) dropped to 4.66TH (which is what they were emailing ppl about)
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

2. i am using spare couch pillows to "barricade" it-at 1m noise ~63-64dB

LOL..  not in a garage or DC I take it... well it will be a good heater for this winter!

yes, last winter i got 30-50% savings on natural gas.
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
Did anybody receive shipping update from Bitmain lately for orders placed after Sep 1st?
Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

They have to much time on their hands if they are x-raying miners.   Seems like opening a box or two should confirm it. 

I really don't like my local DHL.   It's the service I avoid.    But some claim they work great for them.

I have used DHL on my S3+, S4, and S5 purchases, all have arrived without any issue. I personally use FedEx for all the other shipping I do. I cannot be upset that customs wanted to check out my package. Regardless, it is now in Miami and out for delivery Smiley
[/quote]

I've used all 3. No probs with any of them. Yesterday, my UPS shipment was supposed to be delayed til today because of a mechanical problem. Yet they delivered it yesterday and I was able to set it up. Certainly can't complain about that.
legendary
Activity: 1876

2. i am using spare couch pillows to "barricade" it-at 1m noise ~63-64dB

LOL..  not in a garage or DC I take it... well it will be a good heater for this winter!
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331
Initial observations (got S7 yesterday, but had a busy day at my "regular" activities):

1. first two seconds-clanking and whining noise without fan even at a high speed yet-but i already had this before with S5.
There is a simple reason-bitmain sometimes overtightens the screws on the first fan or even the second fan.
For newbies at this: Don't panic, use a screwdriver to slightly loosen some of them-half turn or even less (typically not all four!)
i did it on the fly, but if you want to be careful, switch it off, then loosen, then switch back on-repeat until no noise is coming from the fan(s)
2. It is too early, but it looks like I am at ~4833GH (after 2hr) at setting 600 and 1298W (0.268J/GH) at the wall using evga 1300 with two single cables extended by splitters.
fans are at 4200 (both!), temp 51-52 at 28C ambient (~80F). Will move to other settings after a bit (like to warm it up on default first).
2. i am using spare couch pillows to "barricade" it-at 1m noise ~63-64dB,
Edit: one extra plastic board and it is now 60dB in the spare bedroom at 1m distance, I put pillows/board in zigzag fashion-it seems to affect sound.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I always FedEx my shipments from Bitmain.  The thing arrives in 3 days from half way around the world with zero issues.  Course I haven't had the thrill of being spot checked by customs, but that's a risk everyone takes.

+1! I've had good experiences with FedEx too.

My first S7 order was exactly like this. Took 3 days and was delivered before 10:30 AM, just as FedEx said it would. No delays and no drama.

Of course carriers are like hard drives manufacturers. Everyone has a different favorite because of personal experience.

What a great analogy!!! I used to love IBM harddrives back in the day. Bought them for all the computers and servers. Then IBM released the Deathstar 75 series, lol. After experiencing 10+ failures with those harddrives I never bought another IBM harddrive, or Hitachi after they bought IBM harddrive division.  Mostly just use Seagates now.
legendary
Activity: 1876
I always FedEx my shipments from Bitmain.  The thing arrives in 3 days from half way around the world with zero issues.  Course I haven't had the thrill of being spot checked by customs, but that's a risk everyone takes.

My first S7 order was exactly like this. Took 3 days and was delivered before 10:30 AM, just as FedEx said it would. No delays and no drama.

Of course carriers are like hard drives manufacturers. Everyone has a different favorite because of personal experience.

so true.. I always use UPS.....  until my driver was transfered.. he would even call me if needed a signiture and I didn't pre sign Smiley...  some cigars primed that pump
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
I always FedEx my shipments from Bitmain.  The thing arrives in 3 days from half way around the world with zero issues.  Course I haven't had the thrill of being spot checked by customs, but that's a risk everyone takes.

Activity: 21

They have to much time on their hands if they are x-raying miners.   Seems like opening a box or two should confirm it. 

I really don't like my local DHL.   It's the service I avoid.    But some claim they work great for them.
[/quote]

I have used DHL on my S3+, S4, and S5 purchases, all have arrived without any issue. I personally use FedEx for all the other shipping I do. I cannot be upset that customs wanted to check out my package. Regardless, it is now in Miami and out for delivery Smiley
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Time is the fire in which we burn
I did use UPS so maybe that will help.

Forget about UPS !
I'ts a mess. They don't even know themselves when my package will arrive.
For more than 24Hrs schedule-delivery is not available.
The package should originally have arrived today (Friday)
It looks like they are generating status updates randomly with no sense.
May be it's lying on the ground of the Ganges.
The Weekend is coming, so the next earliest possible date is Monday. (1 Week)
This is very disapointing.

Activity: 45
Dammit, I want one. Has anyone run ROI through a calculator based on ~$.10kWH?

I can go do it, but if someone has it off the top of their head...

At $.10/Kwh, I don't think you break-even before the halving in 2016. Unless of course Bimtain delivers YOUR S7 for say $1500, or maybe they limit deployment of the S7 (i.e. sales), or maybe Spondoolies delays deployment of the SP50 until well into 2016, or maybe BTC price goes up to $300 next week and stays there (or above).

Just keeping adding enough parts to an optimistic scenario, and I am sure you can make it work out!  Smiley

Break even is for me right now 256 days out including power costs.  Think that puts me right AT halving.  But no one knows what the difficulty increase will be once these things saturate the market and the extra KnC and Bitfury facilities they are building come online.  Ultimately through tax breaks, loss taking, and other accounting gimmicks (all legal) is the way I'm going to be lowing my ROI quite a bit.  Then we got the final sale of the machine itself.  I have 3 S5 units right now.  I'd be happy to dump them for half my purchase price to 33% of purchase price (in 2016) as long as the other party pays shipping.  Then get another S7.

Time for work now Tongue.

Yeah, well Bitfury has announced their 0,06 J/GH 16nm technology, so that will get interesting also.
Then there comes 21 with their 0,16 J/GH chip

So it will be getting interesting in here  Grin
[/quote]

I saw that to but Bitfury wont sell to the public if they do it's gonna shot thu the roof price wise and 21 just what does that do be side offer a new way of accessing the blockchain does it actually mine at 1.15 th or better . if that's all it does i can build a PI for far less like some one said in a post or have a PI now that can do it. is that worth 400 bucks , no.  i see what you mean by 0,16 J/GH chip .I'll wait till Nov for that one.

I was going two buy 2 s7 at least but the price stopped me .it's more a disappoint meant to me then anything for the s7 price.
[/quote]

KnC and BitFury both are only going to sell to the public inferior products that they are basically bilking you on when looked at in respect to ROI.  The reason is simple.  Both have to satisfy investors and have massive mining facilities of their own they are operating.  IE  They are going to mine and sell the bitcoin themselves, cause a difficulty explosion and walk away with the cash.  Their silent unknown backers will demand it.  And since they are using THEIR money, they (KnC and BitFury) really probably don't have a choice in the matter either.  That's assuming they 'disagree' with their investor's positions.  Which I do not believe they do.  These companies are going to start tech hording like building ICBMs and nuclear warheads.  Then the cycle almost works like the world today.  The countries that have nuclear weapons get damn near free reign over the ones that do not.

Forget about UPS !
http://91.201.57.202/photo/webapi/thumb.php?api=SYNO.PhotoStation.Thumb&method=get&version=1&size=large&id=photo_555053_5550532e4a5047&rotate_version=0&thumb_sig=2f766f6c756d65312f70686f746f2f5550532f5550532e4a5047&mtime=1443162283

legendary
Activity: 1274

[/quote]

Yeah, well Bitfury has announced their 0,06 J/GH 16nm technology, so that will get interesting also.

So it will be getting interesting in here  Grin
[/quote]

I saw that to but Bitfury wont sell to the public if they do it's gonna shot thu the roof price wise and 21 just what does that do be side offer a new way of accessing the blockchain does it actually mine at 1.15 th or better . if that's all it does i can build a PI for far less like some one said in a post or have a PI now that can do it. is that worth 400 bucks , no.  i see what you mean by 0,16 J/GH chip .I'll wait till Nov for that one.

I was going two buy 2 s7 at least but the price stopped me .it's more a disappoint meant to me then anything for the s7 price.
legendary
Activity: 1008
You are absolutely right you will almost certainly have to sell it in order to break even. I would argue you will need to do that well before July 2016 (approximately), when the BTC block reward is halved.

That´s what i think also  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1318
Technical Analyst/Trader
Batch one was already sold out a few days before the announcement by Spondooliestech.  The SP50 has nothing to do with the "sold out" announcement of batch one.  Bitmain, is a straight up company and much appreciated.  At least by me.
legendary
Activity: 1008
What im wondering sense there is none up for sell on the site now

which is unlike them or is normally unlike them even for a batch one .

did they make what they wanted at this price ?

over the S3 or S5 price ?.

Is Spondoolies-Tech's new miner coming a worry to them and they are holding posting any more for sell etc etc   ....

or is the price going to drop they know they  have a lot of back lush to deal with when they do they need to think it thu .

or that's it for batch one ?

or batch one was just a test run to see if that price would work ? .

and  a bigger more expensive one is coming in batch 2, because of Spondoolies-Tech's new miner. seems strange when Spondoolies-Tech made that announcement they went off sell .

Thy turned from seeming to care into a big business way, not many personal inter action on the forums any more etc etc . Ive noticed unless you pay them a lot which is normal for big business, I'm not upset that's just how it is .

Just my out look , I'm not trying to start anything or be disrespect full , i fill let down at the price.

So it will be getting interesting in here  Grin
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Time is the fire in which we burn

Forget about UPS !

Jump to: