Author

Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH - page 346. (Read 527816 times)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10
It all looks new. No dust ore so. Don't know about the sound. I fixed it right away. At 63 db now.

€40 sound killer
snipped images

Interesting.
Just one point.
During the operation miner sometimes accumulates static electricity (maybe because of all that blowing).
For example, when you have a sweater on and touch it with one hand, sometimes it gives you a bit of a jolt.
The point is, I wonder if it could spark with the metallic outer tube, causing electrostatic discharge (ESD).
ESD is known not to be good for electronics.
maybe grounding the tube would not be a bad idea.

Grounded, thanks for the tip Biodom

do you have a link to the 40 euro sound killer, or where can I buy them what is it called?
really like this idea. Grin

I bought this from a growshop around the corner. But don't think you guys have that.
I found one that does europe. http://www.eugrowshop.eu/uk/fans-odor-control/sound-insulating-exhaust-hose/exhaust-hose-sonoconnect-315mm-10-metre/ I have the 315mm.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
so the 1 unit I have thats been a pain in the ass so far has dropped to 3.9TH over the weekend (with no dead asic chips) and stock 600 settings.. going to try a hard reboot via PSU and see what happens

still tons of HW errors, im going to drop freq to 593 and see what happens.  BITMAIN replied to me via email and asked what PSU im using, asked to try different pool (im using antpool, go figure) , and asked me to plug in each hash board individually and take screenshots of their hash rates..

only problem with that is it seems to take a couple days for the hashrate to crash on this unit, and I don't really want to waste a week of mining testing on each hash board individually.

hopefully the 593 freq will work out, i could live with 100GH loss instead of 900GH

It really depends on the power supply. I use 6 board with one controller.
My first choice was APW3-12-1600-B2 with 4 boards and EVGA G2 1300 for 2 boards and controller.
Lower speed and over 57000 HV with 4 hours.

I left APW3-12-1600-B2  for only  3 boards and for the other three  boards + controller 1x DPS-2000 BB with 10x PCI-E.

Speed is now over 9500 GH/s and HV ten times lower with 4 hours.

hmm interesting.. im running both of them on a 2880w psu with the jabberwock breakout board

after 4 hours at 593freq im at 4720GH and 0.026% HW
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
so the 1 unit I have thats been a pain in the ass so far has dropped to 3.9TH over the weekend (with no dead asic chips) and stock 600 settings.. going to try a hard reboot via PSU and see what happens

still tons of HW errors, im going to drop freq to 593 and see what happens.  BITMAIN replied to me via email and asked what PSU im using, asked to try different pool (im using antpool, go figure) , and asked me to plug in each hash board individually and take screenshots of their hash rates..

only problem with that is it seems to take a couple days for the hashrate to crash on this unit, and I don't really want to waste a week of mining testing on each hash board individually.

hopefully the 593 freq will work out, i could live with 100GH loss instead of 900GH

It really depends on the power supply. I use 6 board with one controller.
My first choice was APW3-12-1600-B2 with 4 boards and EVGA G2 1300 for 2 boards and controller.
Lower speed and over 57000 HV with 4 hours.

I left APW3-12-1600-B2  for only  3 boards and for the other three  boards + controller 1x DPS-2000 BB with 10x PCI-E.

Speed is now over 9500 GH/s and HV ten times lower with 4 hours.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Site Maintenance, should be up online as of now!  

"Order list" still seems bugged. Pay: shows as 0, and clicking on the order doesn't show all the information anymore.

Edit:

And its back! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Unable to buy anything on the site right now.
legendary
Activity: 3892
Merit: 4331

Internal test for R1. When does the R1 would be available?

somebody posted R1 internal sales by mistake. No way it would cost $5, LOL.
yeah, $5 and $25 shipping.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

Internal test for R1. When does the R1 would be available?
Activity: 353
Merit: 251
It all looks new. No dust ore so. Don't know about the sound. I fixed it right away. At 63 db now.

€40 sound killer
snipped images

Interesting.
Just one point.
During the operation miner sometimes accumulates static electricity (maybe because of all that blowing).
For example, when you have a sweater on and touch it with one hand, sometimes it gives you a bit of a jolt.
The point is, I wonder if it could spark with the metallic outer tube, causing electrostatic discharge (ESD).

do you have a link to the 40 euro sound killer, or where can I buy them what is it called?
really like this idea. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

It is and the AntRouter is listed. It says 10 units limit and the price is very low, i would of liked to get one unit and test it but i'm guessing they instantly sold out.

I noticed after one minute so they must of gone fast.
donator
Activity: 792
Merit: 510

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Went to check on my order status and Bitmain website is down. Most likely crashed from everyone checking  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

Click to enlarge

Your picture is from the older version of S7, manufactured from S5+ leftover components. Controller and housing. Now we have a new and "better" S7.

Except this housing is difference to that of the S5+? The ones I saw certainly weren't extruded aluminium.

New S5+ housing is from aluminium. Exactly the same shape as your old  S7 miner.
S5+ pictures

New S7 housing  from philipma1957 picture

Click to enlarge
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)

How are you clearing the heat buildup from inside this tube?

both ends are open i would think it passes right out the end.  my mufflers work  that way.

I guess as long as the S7 temps stay good it doesn't matter.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1185
dogiecoin.com

Click to enlarge

Your picture is from the older version of S7, manufactured from S5+ leftover components. Controller and housing. Now we have a new and "better" S7.

Except this housing is difference to that of the S5+? The ones I saw certainly weren't extruded aluminium.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'

both ends are open i would think it passes right out the end.  my mufflers work  that way.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1032
Carl, aka Sonny :)

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

€40 sound killer
snipped images

Interesting.
Just one point.

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
In my long experience with PC-based components, Seasonic has a very very good record - they have infant mortality problems like anyone, past that they have an excellent track record on every one of their designs I've used a significant number of.

Won't say they've never had a turkey design, but it's been a very rare thing....

PC Power and Cooling used to argue with them or even be better when they made their own units in San Diego county, but then they started outsourcing and their quality dropped a lot, then they sold out and got even worse for a long time.

Jump to: