Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 58. (Read 149096 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
December 14, 2014, 09:05:29 PM
I have 2 U3's it running on my PC, getting 60+ with a PC PSU, want to move it to a Pi so I can run it 24/7.
Occasional zombie's, but it seems to happen on my slow ION system, but not on my i7 system, probably some USB timing problem.

What RaspberryPi OS-all-in-one-miner-monitor would you recommend for the U3?

Any of them, MinePeon, Minera etc.

Ok, thx, trying out Minera.
Any quick hints on how to update cgminer to the latest version when using Minera?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
December 14, 2014, 08:41:46 PM
I have 2 U3's it running on my PC, getting 60+ with a PC PSU, want to move it to a Pi so I can run it 24/7.
Occasional zombie's, but it seems to happen on my slow ION system, but not on my i7 system, probably some USB timing problem.

Any of them, MinePeon, Minera etc.
Activity: 65
December 14, 2014, 08:03:25 PM

legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 13, 2014, 12:38:26 PM
Any what CGminer is your Minera running?
It is running CGminer 4.8 and i compiled it with --enable-icarus

Hmm :/ Got another power brick to test with? That's a reasonably strong bet.

No i have just the one it comes with Sad Any other options?

Not really, need additional parts to test what you have. Else you can RMA.

I have it now running on a 500W ATX. I'm getting now 56GH/s but only a few times it is more likely to run at 43GH/s..... Anything more i can try?

Email in for an RMA, but the fact it did get a higher speed suggests its more likely to be something locally.
Activity: 83
Node.js | Java | C Developer
December 13, 2014, 12:06:47 PM

I have it now running on a 500W ATX. I'm getting now 56GH/s but only a few times it is more likely to run at 43GH/s..... Anything more i can try?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
December 12, 2014, 08:35:06 PM
my U3 is now running perfectly thanks to cgminer 4.8.x.  Thanks for fixing this!!!  it even runs with a rockminer box. Smiley
December 12, 2014, 05:14:27 PM

Sorry English is not my main language. So i need to buy additional parts or i send the miner back where i ordered it?
legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 12, 2014, 05:12:08 PM

December 12, 2014, 01:41:21 PM

legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 12, 2014, 01:33:32 PM

December 12, 2014, 01:20:58 PM
Hey guys got mine now running for 24/7. I'm using a Raspberry Pi and as OS Minera. It keeps the mining process running and is monitoring the antminer. After all i still get only 20-40 GH/s !  Sad Any ideas on how to get it to the advertised 63GH/s. It is directly connected with the pi, i'm using the power source from antminer and i added an cooler to the bottom.

What parameters are you running? Screenshot?

Using this parameters:
Code:
sudo cgminer -o eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u x -p x --api-listen --api-network

Do you need more information?

legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 12, 2014, 01:00:04 PM
Hey guys got mine now running for 24/7. I'm using a Raspberry Pi and as OS Minera. It keeps the mining process running and is monitoring the antminer. After all i still get only 20-40 GH/s !  Sad Any ideas on how to get it to the advertised 63GH/s. It is directly connected with the pi, i'm using the power source from antminer and i added an cooler to the bottom.

Using this parameters:
Code:
sudo cgminer -o eu-stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u x -p x --api-listen --api-network

And what CGminer is your Minera running?
December 12, 2014, 11:52:02 AM
Hey guys got mine now running for 24/7. I'm using a Raspberry Pi and as OS Minera. It keeps the mining process running and is monitoring the antminer. After all i still get only 20-40 GH/s !  Sad Any ideas on how to get it to the advertised 63GH/s. It is directly connected with the pi, i'm using the power source from antminer and i added an cooler to the bottom.

Using this parameters:
Code:

And screenshot of my perfomance:

legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 12, 2014, 08:42:26 AM

December 12, 2014, 03:35:26 AM
Hey guys got mine now running for 24/7. I'm using a Raspberry Pi and as OS Minera. It keeps the mining process running and is monitoring the antminer. After all i still get only 20-40 GH/s !  Sad Any ideas on how to get it to the advertised 63GH/s. It is directly connected with the pi, i'm using the power source from antminer and i added an cooler to the bottom.
legendary
dogiecoin.com
December 10, 2014, 11:54:50 AM
What would everyone suggest as a good backup power supply to replace the crap one that the Antminer U3 came with? Amazon links if they carry it preferred...

6A one from my rockminer guide.

I really think we are all going to have to switch to ATX computer PSU's with breakout boards for these U3's.
Dogie I bought one of the ones you suggested after my first stock PSU melted. The replacement one you suggested lasted 4 days (at least it didn't melt or catch fire, it just died completely).
I had previously had 3 of those also die while using them for my R-boxes (the 5A version) but I just replaced them as they lasted 2 months before dying on me and I got them cheap ($6 each).

They're the same ones I'm using, and none of mine are even warm... Send it back and get another one.

Hey Dogie,

Just an FYI I  have two (2) Antminer U3's and I bought some replacement bricks with your referral (12v6a ones).  After running for about 20 minutes on stock settings they died and my office reeks like burning electronics. Not in any way, shape, or form saying this is your fault in any way just wanted to give you a heads up.

Well thats.... stupid. Leave a negative review on Amazon so more people are made aware. Unfortunately with some of these generic lines they can use excellent parts, then swap to worse ones without changing the page.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Will work for BitCoins
December 10, 2014, 12:31:31 AM
What would everyone suggest as a good backup power supply to replace the crap one that the Antminer U3 came with? Amazon links if they carry it preferred...

6A one from my rockminer guide.

I really think we are all going to have to switch to ATX computer PSU's with breakout boards for these U3's.
Dogie I bought one of the ones you suggested after my first stock PSU melted. The replacement one you suggested lasted 4 days (at least it didn't melt or catch fire, it just died completely).
I had previously had 3 of those also die while using them for my R-boxes (the 5A version) but I just replaced them as they lasted 2 months before dying on me and I got them cheap ($6 each).

They're the same ones I'm using, and none of mine are even warm... Send it back and get another one.

Hey Dogie,

Just an FYI I  have two (2) Antminer U3's and I bought some replacement bricks with your referral (12v6a ones).  After running for about 20 minutes on stock settings they died and my office reeks like burning electronics. Not in any way, shape, or form saying this is your fault in any way just wanted to give you a heads up.
Activity: 7
December 09, 2014, 01:18:11 PM
@Alesfatalis : A solution I found on a blog for linux.

su
nano /boot/cmdline.txt
Put this at the end :

slub_debug=FP

save and restart the raspberry

Activity: 7
December 09, 2014, 01:11:59 PM
I have the same problem with u3, as soon as my internet connection cut, it goes astray. I have to stop cgminer, remove and reconnect the USB and restart cgminer. I am running windows xp for now
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
December 09, 2014, 11:32:58 AM
ImCrazyOne  nice idea about connecting miner to PC directly.
A simple molex, I like it (sent a tip Smiley  )
Much better than the board - to 6 pin - to barrel I had set up.
Pages:
Jump to: