Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 61. (Read 149118 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
November 27, 2014, 09:47:48 AM
The more I read here, the more it becomes evident that Engineering has been over-ruled in favour of Marketing, Sales and artistic design.

Engineering > all.

Agreed 100%.  I LLLLOVE my S1 and S3.

If they make an S5 that is like the S1 and S3, I will buy a couple.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
November 27, 2014, 09:10:20 AM
The more I read here, the more it becomes evident that Engineering has been over-ruled in favour of Marketing, Sales and artistic design.

Engineering > all.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
November 27, 2014, 01:35:18 AM
but one Question: How can i configure the miner to Run in a "normal" Window and not in "cpuminer-style"

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/README#L97
Activity: 206
Merit: 106
Old Account was Sev0 (it was hacked)
November 27, 2014, 01:21:28 AM
I'm building from git on a raspberry pi, what should i use for
./configure --              # Huh then?  Huh

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README#L121

Smiley
Big Thanks,
but one Question: How can i configure the miner to Run in a "normal" Window and not in "cpuminer-style"
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
November 26, 2014, 09:12:27 PM

https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/blob/master/ASIC-README#L121
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
November 26, 2014, 05:23:56 PM
Seems the best idea would of been for them to make a single card S3..
Activity: 206
Merit: 106
Old Account was Sev0 (it was hacked)
November 26, 2014, 03:59:37 PM
Where the official cgminer binary always is.

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

Hi,

Thx,
with the windows binary you prevented me from sending back my u3  Smiley
Activity: 556
Merit: 500
November 26, 2014, 02:28:28 PM
Thanks for the update CK. I tried it and it works great with my Ant U2's. However, running at default settings I started at midnight went to bed and by 8am it went Zombie. I reset the U3 (USB unplug & replug) and it has been running over 24h at about 54Gh.

I'm still pissed that I've had the device for 3 weeks before it was really usable. This could have been completely avoided.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
November 25, 2014, 04:25:35 PM
Where is the binary for the 4.80 version. I have 4.71 running default. Seems to work ok cept that my miner runs really hot. I tried the included power supply which is less then a piece of crap and it barely worked. Pitched it in the garbage and hooked it up to one of my main line power supplys and it works better except for the fact that it won't hash any higher then 45gh. It bounces all over the place between 31 and 45gh and the bottom is quite hot to the touch. Hot enough that I really don't want to hold it more then about 5 sec's. Any help I would be great full for.
Where the official cgminer binary always is.

http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
November 25, 2014, 11:55:04 AM
Where is the binary for the 4.80 version. I have 4.71 running default. Seems to work ok cept that my miner runs really hot. I tried the included power supply which is less then a piece of crap and it barely worked. Pitched it in the garbage and hooked it up to one of my main line power supplys and it works better except for the fact that it won't hash any higher then 45gh. It bounces all over the place between 31 and 45gh and the bottom is quite hot to the touch. Hot enough that I really don't want to hold it more then about 5 sec's. Any help I would be great full for.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
November 25, 2014, 01:36:05 AM

I should hope it works better, that's why I keep complaining when manufacturers don't involve the guy who wrote the software Smiley

Why should they involve you when you fix all their problems for free Wink.

I'm sure they will start to include you once they include the guys building/buying their PSU's into the design process, cause running a PSU at 100% is fine, right?  Roll Eyes
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
November 25, 2014, 01:17:58 AM
WOW Works like a charm. It is much better than the bitmain's cgminer. You can run multiple U3's right from the start. GREAT JOB, I love my U3's even more now. Thank You. only thing is that sometimes pool starts with too high difficulty (1024) and just have to restart cgminer couple of times and it jumps down to (16)
I should hope it works better, that's why I keep complaining when manufacturers don't involve the guy who wrote the software Smiley

If you're on a good pool that supports suggesting a diff (hint, only kano's ckpool and my solo ckpool) then you can also add --suggest-diff 42, or whatever diff you'd like it to start at, as a hint to the pool. Ideal is probably about 40 diff per U3.
Activity: 26
November 25, 2014, 01:14:22 AM

Thank you for the PSU warning. I have another 12v source i am using. Could you please give example .bat file or config file people can follow. I would really like to try out the 4.8.0.

I am using this and getting about 55 GH/miner cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://(pool) -u (username) -p (password) . I would like to know how to change voltage and frequency, if anybody would post it here, I would greatly appreciate it.

In addition, the following parameters are recognised, though the defaults are obviously safest.
Code:
--au3-freq     Set AntminerU3 frequency in MHz, range 100-250 (default: 225.0)
--au3-volt     Set AntminerU3 voltage in mv, range 725-850, 0 to not set (default: 750)

WOW Works like a charm. It is much better than the bitmain's cgminer. You can run multiple U3's right from the start. GREAT JOB, I love my U3's even more now. Thank You. only thing is that sometimes pool starts with too high difficulty (1024) and just have to restart cgminer couple of times and it jumps down to (16)
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
November 25, 2014, 01:03:51 AM

Thank you for the PSU warning. I have another 12v source i am using. Could you please give example .bat file or config file people can follow. I would really like to try out the 4.8.0.

I am using this and getting about 55 GH/miner cgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://(pool) -u (username) -p (password) . I would like to know how to change voltage and frequency, if anybody would post it here, I would greatly appreciate it.

In addition, the following parameters are recognised, though the defaults are obviously safest.
Code:
--au3-volt     Set AntminerU3 voltage in mv, range 725-850, 0 to not set (default: 750)
Activity: 895
Merit: 504
November 25, 2014, 12:38:59 AM

Activity: 261
Merit: 257
November 25, 2014, 12:26:09 AM
I've made the first official cgminer release with support for these now (version 4.8.0). It is the same as the last binary I updated in performance but has some cosmetic improvements.

Note that these PSUs are VERY easy to destroy and I highly recommend people do not overvolt them with the provided PSU. Damaging the PSU will likely destroy the U3 as well. I'm not really sure where the fault lies but I suspect the PSUs are dodgy and if you have another power source, use that instead until bitmain can confirm whether there is an issue with the PSU. It wouldn't be the first device they've sold with a dodgy PSU.

You don't need any special options, all you need to do is set your pool and run it like normal(you probably need to zadig if you are on windows though).
Activity: 26
November 25, 2014, 12:23:41 AM
I've made the first official cgminer release with support for these now (version 4.8.0). It is the same as the last binary I updated in performance but has some cosmetic improvements.

Note that these PSUs are VERY easy to destroy and I highly recommend people do not overvolt them with the provided PSU. Damaging the PSU will likely destroy the U3 as well. I'm not really sure where the fault lies but I suspect the PSUs are dodgy and if you have another power source, use that instead until bitmain can confirm whether there is an issue with the PSU. It wouldn't be the first device they've sold with a dodgy PSU.

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
November 24, 2014, 11:43:28 PM

-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
November 24, 2014, 04:54:51 PM
What is the commands to set voltage and frequency with this new build? If I do a -help it goes by too fast to read it, LOL
Same as my previous builds.

Code:
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
November 24, 2014, 04:47:27 PM
What is the commands to set voltage and frequency with this new build? If I do a -help it goes by too fast to read it, LOL
Pages:
Jump to: