Pages:
Author

Topic: ANTMINER U3 Discussion and Support Thread - page 64. (Read 149096 times)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0
November 19, 2014, 08:03:11 PM
Try this:
Code:
cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.65   -o xxx -u xxx  --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1306

That's it! Mining at 60GH on a raspberry pi.

Thanx mate!

Ok, I blew up my power supply Cheesy If you like this setting don't try it with the original power supply. Now using an XBOX supply. 14A is that enough? Wink

Regards

same here, power supply dead.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/roj9c2usa81fgp4/2014-11-18%2019.07.40.jpg?dl=0
Activity: 20
November 19, 2014, 02:34:07 PM
Try this:
Code:
cgminer.exe --bmsc-options 115200:0.65   -o xxx -u xxx  --bmsc-voltage 0800 --bmsc-freq 1306

That's it! Mining at 60GH on a raspberry pi.

Thanx mate!

Ok, I blew up my power supply Cheesy If you like this setting don't try it with the original power supply. Now using an XBOX supply. 14A is that enough? Wink

Regards
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
November 19, 2014, 03:04:35 AM
Dogie,
 Is that one coupon per S4 or one coupon per total order?
Barbara

You can use one coupon per unit ordered. In the checkout there is a dropdown box and qty box for coupons. If you order four units you use four coupons. If you order one unit, you use one coupon.
Activity: 2
November 19, 2014, 02:13:15 AM
Since ckolivas told me to post here... RE: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/antminer-u3-linux-ubuntu-issue-863373

And reading the responses from the Bitmain folks about only using windows. I almost lost hope for getting this up and running on Ubuntu. Hopefully those who are also trying to use the U3 on a non-windows system will find what I've done helpful. I made a small change to the Bitmain bmsc driver that allowed me to compile on Ubuntu 14.04. The line I changed can be found here: https://github.com/ajaswa/cgminer/blob/master/driver-bmsc.c#L1484

Steps:

Code:
// install all the needed libs for CGMiner, see CGMiner docs
git clone https://github.com/ajaswa/cgminer.git
cd cgminer
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-bmsc
make
I also went through the process of unpluging the U3 and rebooting my Ubuntu system.

My current command line is:
Code:
sudo ./cgminer --bmsc-options 115200:0.57 --bmsc-voltage 0755 --bmsc-freq 0782

It's currently chugging along at ~46Gh/s (I'm just happy to have the thing running right now).

I do also seem to have an issue with zombiing after about 30 minutes but it seems to disable and then reenable the U3 by itself.

Hopefully this will help those trying to use linux or a RPI get up and running.
Activity: 11
November 19, 2014, 12:58:41 AM
Is it possible to power the U3s from a Molex with the correct adapter?  I melted, a power supply last night running at bmsc-voltage 0780 --bmsc-freq 1306, which was as high as I could get w/o too many h/w errors

Is Bitman going to replace our burned out power supplies,

Guess that is kind of two questions

Barbara

for freq 1306, voltage 0780 is lower.set it 0800
Activity: 8
November 18, 2014, 11:20:32 PM
currently trying new U3 since last week.
with the latest cgminer fork from bitmain's website it seems to work without zombie now.

But:
is there a way to have an U3 and U1 mining on the same Win7 machine? I know U1 is like a joke, but all this kinda below 1 TH is a game these days. Smiley

any way to monitor temp of u3 and adjust the very NOISY FAN?

Noise: ~25 DB at 25 °C ambient temperature

this here is never ever at 25 db  (at 20 celsius room) more like 60-70 db.

Hello:
      Fan don't pwm adj.
Activity: 140
Merit: 101
November 18, 2014, 11:01:50 PM
Well I have actually been able to get the U3 to run under windows, so far the best I have been able to get is 43 GH/s and it still randomly Zombies after a few hours (it will always do it if the computer is set to sleep, turn off sleep settings and USB suspend and it runs for a few hours at least).
If anyone else gets the LIBUSB error flash before the device Zombie's out and gives device not found error, here is how I fixed that.
Note: I strongly suggest you make a backup of drivers, create a system restore point and a full system backup before attempting !

First delete ALL USB devices AND Drivers in your system. (If you don't know how to do this either look it up or move your miner to a different machine or get help)
Then reinstall all USB devices and drivrs from scratch. Then install silabs driver, then install win driver using Zadig. Restart machine then plug in U3, start bitmain cgminer version.
I have best results so far using 0755 for voltage  0982 for freq and 0.9 for baud.  Those settings give me a typical early rate of 50 GH/s that slows as it runs to average about 43 GH/s over a few hours.
Now I have yet to find any way to run two of these on the same computer, just won't seem to let second one run under same instance of cgminer and trying two instances creates system resource conflict with these.
As for a working Rpi image, well no luck yet, it should be a pretty simple matter to create one if driver is integrated into main cg fork.

To Kolivas (e.g. CrazyGuy) Thanks for taking on this project of integrating the driver for us Smiley

EDIT:
I am now using settings of 0795 for voltage  1306 for freq and 0.9 for baud.   This is giving me a pretty consistent 53 GH/s (although it still Zombies out after 8 or 9 hours for some reason that I have yet to figure out).
I am not going any higher with voltage since I don't want to start a fire. Will still be playing with drivers, freq and buad settings to try to find the best combo for GH/s  to error rate.

If anyone gets a working Rpi image please let us know. Maybe we can figure out a way to upload it and post a link so others can use it.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
November 18, 2014, 08:34:20 PM
The point and what you said are valid, i've seen too many power supplies come from China which can only be called an electrical death trap and/or an EMC compliance nightmare.

Seriously, anyone can get power supplies that can kick out 6A, we don't need power supplies that will either throw out too much RFI or burn someones house to the ground, after all, anyone reselling these in Europe (and I assume other countries, but I wouldn't know) will be liable for it.

These are the same PSUs you buy in the US and EU from Amazon - it all comes from China. We looked at making a no PSU SKU and the price wouldn't make a lot of sense so everyone would buy the with PSU SKU.

Pieh0 is right, there is a big internal difference between a well designed quality psu and a cheap firestarter...
You are welcome to post a full CE check report and PICs from the internal design

It make no sense to pay high air freight cost for a PSU

So please offer them without PSU and let customer decide (if anybody want to buy them ;-))

Since the power brick supplied using the settings they suggest pretty much started melting on me does anyone know of a decent replacement I can pick up off amazon or something?

There's some links in my rbox guides

Roll Eyes

Is it possible to power the U3s from a Molex with the correct adapter?  I melted, a power supply last night running at bmsc-voltage 0780 --bmsc-freq 1306, which was as high as I could get w/o too many h/w errors

Barbara

My thoughts exactly, yxt Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
November 18, 2014, 07:28:40 PM
Is it possible to power the U3s from a Molex with the correct adapter?  I melted, a power supply last night running at bmsc-voltage 0780 --bmsc-freq 1306, which was as high as I could get w/o too many h/w errors

Barbara

I'm not running these miners,but I used these cables to run the little Gridseeds.

You can buy em from Cablez ,you should be able to run at least 3 U3's.

Just don't exceed 200 watts or so & you should be fine  Wink

He might make em with just 3 barrel connectors,if you ask him nicely  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
November 18, 2014, 03:51:09 PM
Is it possible to power the U3s from a Molex with the correct adapter?  I melted, a power supply last night running at bmsc-voltage 0780 --bmsc-freq 1306, which was as high as I could get w/o too many h/w errors
Barbara

Yes to molexes, or PCI-E cables.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
November 18, 2014, 03:35:25 PM
When is Bitmain going to merge U3 support into the main CGMiner? The CGminer that supports U3 does NOT work with my Rockminer!
As per all previous bitmain hardware, they have slapped together a driver as quickly as they possibly can making for a mess of code that doesn't merge into mainline cgminer, and they haven't approached us about either getting our help, merging their code, or providing hardware for us to fix the driver for them. Someone else will probably send us some hardware and we'll eventually write our own driver is what normally happens (and bound to happen again).
I sense a nice change in the air. They've contacted me offering me a U3 (after this message). While the value of one U3 is nowhere near enough to cover the development costs if I'd charged to merge and fix their driver, I've always been happy to do the same for existing drivers for when the manufacturer has freely offered it to me and will do so again here. Hopefully this means more official drivers in cgminer for bitmain products and hopefully they'll merge back our changes instead of maintaining their own various forks indefinitely.

[I asked them to contact you to fix pimp the driver about a day ago, before you posted]
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
November 18, 2014, 02:15:01 PM
OK, it settled down but not as I was hoping.  It did run in the high 50's for a few minutes then started to hash lower and lower and lower rates.  Still getting lots of hardware errors and the power brick is hotter than the device.  Since it is now hashing in the 30 GH/s range, I switched back the voltage & frequency to 0755 and 0782 before my power brick melts too.  Back to getting 40 GH/s with no HW errors.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 18, 2014, 01:52:45 PM

Barbara
Activity: 142
Merit: 60
November 18, 2014, 01:35:21 PM

try voltage 0800 freq 1286 with --bmsc-options 115200:0.57

OK this seems to work, I'm getting high 50's GH/s, close enough to 60.  But it does kick out a bunch of "AMU: Invalid noonce - HW error" messages, at about the same rate as it solves hashes.  At lower voltage and frequency settings it gives no hardware errors but lower hashrate.  I've only been running it for 5 mins at this new frequency, so maybe it will settle down.  Should I worry about these hardware error messages or is this normal?

about ZOMBIE issue,we have answer in another post #210

I tried that last night before I went to bed and it was still running this morning so it appears the zombie problem is solved.  I think I may have this thing working more or less properly now as long as the HW error notices are not an issue.
Activity: 122
November 18, 2014, 11:44:01 AM
ok, can confirm!  hotplug U1 works with less speed.

can you comment on the fan speed and noise?
November 18, 2014, 09:20:04 AM
with the latest cgminer fork from bitmain's website it seems to work without zombie now.

But:
is there a way to have an U3 and U1 mining on the same Win7 machine? I know U1 is like a joke, but all this kinda below 1 TH is a game these days. Smiley

Just get the U3 mined as usual,after it worked ,connect U1 to your Win7.Since the setting is not suitable for U1,both of the miners work,but U1`s hashrate is lower as indepdent,
about 930M/s.
Activity: 122
November 18, 2014, 08:06:46 AM

But:

Activity: 8
November 18, 2014, 07:04:18 AM
This is pathetic! I can't believe Bitmain would release a product with no solid instructions or mining software to support it.

Maybe if we all email bitmain asking for an Rpi image for the U3 that works they would post one (and for anyone not planning to use an Rpi we could always deconstruct it if we know the cg version used).
I have tried everything I could think of using the settings designed for the new chip. I am now going through options settings for the old ones to see if any work (i.e. icarus options with amu setting etc.)
 So far no luck with anything.                                        Huh

Waiting on engineer (currently 8am).

We had supported here
https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201404130633105772QFG6R2u0635

While I appreciate your attempt to help, the link you are offering is exactly what I have been using for days now and still can't get this thing to run for more than a few seconds before it Zombie's out.
I am running the miner under Windows 7 using the Bitmain cgminer version from that link. I have reinstalled all drivers multiple times. (which is why I am now trying to compile an Rpi image that works before I just give up and sell my U3's on ebay)

About Zombie, don't set pc to sleep. Please offer screenshort when Zombie.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
November 18, 2014, 06:53:50 AM
When is Bitmain going to merge U3 support into the main CGMiner? The CGminer that supports U3 does NOT work with my Rockminer!
As per all previous bitmain hardware, they have slapped together a driver as quickly as they possibly can making for a mess of code that doesn't merge into mainline cgminer, and they haven't approached us about either getting our help, merging their code, or providing hardware for us to fix the driver for them. Someone else will probably send us some hardware and we'll eventually write our own driver is what normally happens (and bound to happen again).
I sense a nice change in the air. They've contacted me offering me a U3 (after this message). While the value of one U3 is nowhere near enough to cover the development costs if I'd charged to merge and fix their driver, I've always been happy to do the same for existing drivers for when the manufacturer has freely offered it to me and will do so again here. Hopefully this means more official drivers in cgminer for bitmain products and hopefully they'll merge back our changes instead of maintaining their own various forks indefinitely.
November 18, 2014, 06:49:37 AM
Try this:
Code:

Using these settings raised my GH/s from 40 to 50 but now I am getting large number of Hardware Errors saying Invalid Nonce.  The vast majority of all frequency settings spit out this same error except for 0755 voltage 0782 freq and 0755 voltage and 0882 freq, but I only get 30 and 40 GH/s on these settings.

Also, I haven't been able to get it to run for more than 12 hours without going ZOMBIE or just sitting there hashing at 250 MH/s.

Any ideas before I just get rid of this thing?

EDIT:  Lasted for a whole 7 minutes at 50 GH/s, now is ZOMBIE.  Going back to the 0755 setting for a whopping 40 GH/s. 

try voltage 0800 freq 1286 with --bmsc-options 115200:0.57
  about ZOMBIE issue,we have answer in another post #210

Pages:
Jump to: