Author

Topic: Any new airdrop coins? - page 586. (Read 332578 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 501
July 18, 2017, 06:28:03 PM
I think it is not easy to predict that airdrop coin will have future for a new coin. Airdrop coin is usually for new coins not for stable coins. I prefer to stand up and see the aridrop. I have experience to earn airdrop coin I should download wallet. In fact the wallet content malware that spy my PC. I lost my PV key mew wallet finally. So I don't like airdrop coin now.
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
July 18, 2017, 05:55:13 PM
Kekcoin
Activity: 615
Merit: 500
Activity: 443
Merit: 250
July 18, 2017, 04:27:48 PM
Sojourn does an airdrop:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-sojourn-nova-exchange-active-on-fork-now-with-dgw-2016889

and Onion does with signature campaign.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1401
Disobey.
July 18, 2017, 04:34:23 AM
If you want a free airdrop coin, check out BTX (bitcore).
It has two aidrop mechanism at work right now:
1. If you had Bitcoin (BTC) before the snapshot, you can claim free BTX!
2. Every monday for the next few weeks/months you get +2.5% on your coins and additional +2.5 BTX if you are in the top1000 addresses of BTX-addresses.

Check the bitcointalk-thread for detailed info: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmain-bitcore-btx-datacarriersize-up-to-220-bytes-1883902

It's a coin created with SegWit AND bigger blocks already implemented.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 18, 2017, 01:28:47 AM
I think JUMBLR is coming with one for Komodo holders

What would be the difference between an airdrop or give away though?

An airdrop is a giveaway in proportion to another asset (for example, Byteball--you get GBYTE in proportion to how much BTC you can prove you own with a digital signature), whereas a giveaway is a donation to anybody who asks for it.

Alternatively, a giveaway is an airdrop with no proof of ownership of any asset required.

Giveaways can be gamed much easier.  For example, account farming: people create lots of bitcointalk accounts and spam this forum with useless posts in order to participate in giveaways and signature campaigns.  Airdrops are better in my opinion because having lots of forum accounts doesn't get you any additional money.  Furthermore, airdropping is putting your coin in the hands of hodlers.

Thnx for that, makes a lot of sense!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
July 17, 2017, 08:37:45 PM
The DeepOnion "airdrop" is a signature campaign in disguise. You need to have the signature to claim the "airdrop". Also 90% pre-mined.

It seems to be a blatantly open signature campaign.  Grin
They are calling their campaign an airdrop so that it doesn't disappear in the sea of signature campaigns around. It is a clear case of click bait to get users to read their thread.
Activity: 812
Merit: 270
July 17, 2017, 04:56:36 PM

An airdrop is a giveaway in proportion to another asset (for example, Byteball--you get GBYTE in proportion to how much BTC you can prove you own with a digital signature), whereas a giveaway is a donation to anybody who asks for it.

Alternatively, a giveaway is an airdrop with no proof of ownership of any asset required.

Giveaways can be gamed much easier.  For example, account farming: people create lots of bitcointalk accounts and spam this forum with useless posts in order to participate in giveaways and signature campaigns.  Airdrops are better in my opinion because having lots of forum accounts doesn't get you any additional money.  Furthermore, airdropping is putting your coin in the hands of hodlers.

Thanks for the explanation but I'm sorry I didn't understand this "Furthermore, airdropping is putting your coin in the hands of holders". You have to give a part of your coin?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
July 17, 2017, 04:18:56 PM
Thanks for making this post it will ease the work of all to go and find in all new threads person can come to this single thread and find the coins here its a good effort from you I really appreciate it. And yes airdrop coin are good option to make free money if we get some for free and if the coin is good than we can make good money.
July 17, 2017, 04:03:04 PM

July 17, 2017, 04:48:10 AM
most of them are not even airdrops.

People seem to be using the word airdrop to refer to both giveaways and signature campaigns, probably after seeing the success of Byteball.  And also because giveaway threads are banned.

Theres only a few real airdrops going on right now: Byteball, Stellar, Bitcore, Waves (not sure if the random coins given away are airdrops or giveaways, i dont own Waves yet).  A lot of giveaways and signature campaigns are calling themselves airdrops.

July 17, 2017, 04:45:33 AM
Waves that are in leasing still count for Airdrops. So no need to worry about that.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
July 17, 2017, 01:27:58 AM
Anyone has experience with WAVES leasing?
Yes I do, I have my waves leased to two different servers and I get MRT (Miner's Reward Token) on a weekly basis along with some other tokens (Ripto Bux, Mercury, WavesGo, etc...)

Are the airdrops you get proportional to the amount of Waves (or Waves Community Token--i'm not sure how it works), or does everybody get the same size airdrops?  I guess I'm asking if the MRT, Ripto Bux, etc that you receive are airdrops or giveaways to Waves holders.

YES

Some of the community/activity based tokens like waves community or MRT are proportional.

Some of the giveaway/airdrop tokens are proportional and some are fixed size to all holders/participants.  Many just "appear" because they're granted to all WAVES holders while others need an active signup.
July 16, 2017, 10:17:23 PM
Yes I do, I have my waves leased to two different servers and I get MRT (Miner's Reward Token) on a weekly basis along with some other tokens (Ripto Bux, Mercury, WavesGo, etc...)

Are the airdrops you get proportional to the amount of Waves (or Waves Community Token--i'm not sure how it works), or does everybody get the same size airdrops?  I guess I'm asking if the MRT, Ripto Bux, etc that you receive are airdrops or giveaways to Waves holders.
Activity: 244
Merit: 103
July 16, 2017, 10:04:34 PM

People seem to be using the word airdrop to refer to both giveaways and signature campaigns, probably after seeing the success of Byteball.  And also because giveaway threads are banned.

Theres only a few real airdrops going on right now: Byteball, Stellar, Bitcore, Waves (not sure if the random coins given away are airdrops or giveaways, i dont own Waves yet).  A lot of giveaways and signature campaigns are calling themselves airdrops.

Activity: 448
July 16, 2017, 09:53:08 PM

July 16, 2017, 12:48:45 PM

Activity: 448
July 16, 2017, 12:08:00 PM
What do you guys think of all the airdrops who dont rlly have a roadmap or whitepaper?

I think we are guilty of feeding the frenzy Wink

Sometimes we (not all) go for the airdrop without knowing what's the coin about.
July 16, 2017, 10:25:03 AM
What do you guys think of all the airdrops who dont rlly have a roadmap or whitepaper?
Activity: 934
Merit: 257
HAIL THE KING!
July 14, 2017, 12:41:47 PM
New airdrops via Twitter: https://twitter.com/CryptoAirdrops
Jump to: