Pages:
Author

Topic: Anybody with $10,000 worth of BTC+Alts today should be a Millionnaire in 2025 - page 6. (Read 6299 times)

Activity: 391
Merit: 250
Interesting post, I bookmarked it for the skeptics that I meet everyday.

But frankly, I see a bigger growth potential into altcoins than into Bitcoin. Bitcoin will lose and more dominance, because of the altcoin nature. They are quoted on Bitcoin. So let's say altcoin 1, called A1, is quoted at 0,01BTC at T1. Bitcoin is quoted at 3000$. Thats makes A1 quoted at 30$. If Bitcoin rises to 4000$ A1 is worth 40$. But if in the same time A1 rises to 0,02BTC, it is now worth 80$. This double price increase, added to the fact that there is more and more altcoins on the market, will reduce Bitcoin dominance to less than 10% by 2025 I guess. But question is : is it a problem ?
Activity: 532
Merit: 257
A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE
If that would really happen then that would really be nice I don't have 10k$ as of now so i wont be a millionaire then but Ill try gather some more.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I've thought also about this topic sometimes. Crypto market cap has potential at least (midterm) to reach 10% of total market cap (including classic exchanges). You're values are right. Classic exchanges are around 70 trillion, and cryptos only 0.1 trillion. 10% would be 7 trillion, so growth is x70.

I'm confident this could happen sometime before 2025 (2022, 2023 maybe...)

Best case, and long term, could be crypto having about 30 - 60% of total market cap, but for this we would need at least 30 years from now. Could be useful for retirement anyway Smiley
Activity: 498
Merit: 252
Life failures Stealthcoin, Ark coin and Safemoon
You are probably right, provided you don't get scammed or hacked before 2025. The risk of being scammed or hacked is kind of high, so to speak.

i agree to the op and this. make sure your bag of gold not to get hack or left with exchange
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Looking forward for this prediction to happen!  Grin
Activity: 406
BAILOUT
Even if your prediction is true, only economics itself does not work for humans well, taking into account psychology your prediction can be come true by only few people.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1362
Well noone can disagree. I don't know how many times that I had chance but couldn't realize.
In last 3 years there were lot of coins that made their owners millionaire but as YoyodyneSystems said, it is very hard to hold that much after you see 10x etc.
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Crypto Scotland Investor Digital Currency
Activity: 145
Its possible but there's a lot of variables crypto moves so fast, it will be determined mainly on market growth, the alts that you choose to invest in and the decisions that you end up making.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023
It was already possible to take $100 and make $1M or more over the last few years.
And you have to KEEP that. That is the hard part. After big rises there are large drops and you don't know when they come so easily.

But it won't be as easy now. So starting with 10k would be more likely to be successful at that goal. True.

I would NOT say "should" lol..... I would say "might with great skill".
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Maybe not or yes. Its all about what  happening in bitcoins now so many Improvements now on part of BTC i think yes this well doubled or tripled in 2025  because bitcoins get a very good performance on the past 3 years from 400$ price to 1000$ in 2016 and now 2800$ now in 2017  maybe the continues high price will be go on until no one can afford 1 BTC.
Activity: 392
Merit: 253
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
You are probably right, provided you don't get scammed or hacked before 2025. The risk of being scammed or hacked is kind of high, so to speak.
Activity: 687
Merit: 301
You are making a good point here. I am not so sure one will become a millionaire, but it is possible with the increase of money pouring into crypto. I think we will see a huge amount of money coming in when BTC pumps again and destroys the current ATH. Mainstream media is talking about bitcoin more than ever. Even ethereum and ripple get mentioned nowadays. Before the pump of march not many people knew about crypto currencies at least from what I have observed in my country. But after the recent pump a lot more people are starting to get interested.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I think you are right, since I've been doing similar research recently and had come up with the similar conclusion, but I won't adventure to say millionaire or not.

I like to compare with numbers, which makes it hilarious like

BITCOIN VALUE Vs. APPLE STOCK VALUE

$045.000.000.000
$780.000.000.000

BITCOIN VALUE Vs. ALL CRYPTO VALUE Vs. ALL EXCHANGE COMPARED

$000.045.000.000.000
$000.102.000.000.000
$079.000.000.000.000

I don't know the derivatives value, but I would add 1 quadrillion ($001.000.000.000.000.000) as I read similar quote somewhere else. So in order to be true balanced bitcoin still has place to grow 100 (that's $270.000) times keeping 40% market dominance. And this figure is to make a BALANCE between both worlds, aside from any revaluation as a higher technological improvement that it comes with it, and the ecological and fair approach to our nature, rather than blowing up mountains and forests for the sole purpose of carrying iron and paper that worth NOTHING since it is counterfeited.

If any of you have concerns on what I am saying, and that all our economy has been counterfeited and a corporation was placed in place check the following link and website http[Suspicious link removed]cutive%20Summary%2021Dec2015.pdf
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Provocative title... but so true...

Today, the market cap off all the Cryptos is north of $100B.

It is EXTREMELY low compared to the values seen in the tech world (except for some shady ICOs ;-) )

In details, Bitcoin counts for $50B mk, and if we only take the top20 alts, we are at roughly $45B mk to add, the rest being peanuts.

If we take the biggest financial places in the world:
NYSE = $16T
NASDAQ = $7.4T
KOREA Exchange = $1.3T
... etc.

http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-stock-exchanges-by-size/
There are 60 major exchanges in the world, with a mk of $70 Trillion ($70,000 Billion!)

There are lots of sh1t companies listed to the stock exchanges as there are lots of sh1tcoins on the alts-market, it's a "reasonable" statement to compare them as they both deal with a wide array of technology companies.

-> That means a market cap of cca. $13 Trillion to reach for the crypto market. Doable, at least on paper.
Compared vs today, that is a x130 factor vs. the current market cap of the "BTC+ALTS world"

That said, if you have $10,000 worth of BTC+ALTs, you should end with $1.3M in the next years if the market raises to the aforementioned levels.
Of course, not ALL your coins will raise, and you may lose a significant part of your portfolio... but even if 30% goes to dust (or to exchanges...), you should end up with the magic 7-figure.

Your thoughts?

P.S.: if we assume that BTC will continue to trust the top and will account for at least 30%-40% of the total marketcap, it means a BTC mk at cca $5Trillion
with 21M coins, that is $250,000 per coin. John McAffee is just x2 more bullish but we are in the same realm of figures; and he could be right...
Pages:
Jump to: