Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone else HAVE most or maybe ALL of their money in btc/crypto? - page 3. (Read 5590 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
for those who all in with buying bitcoin they are certainly happy with the current price because finally it was reach the highest price on the history but unfortunately i wasn't part of them because i personally not dare to go all in and the volatile always be the main cause for me
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
I'm not 100% in Bitcoin, not even 100% in crypto in general. It's just too volatile at the moment to be used as storage of value, even if the prices are just going up mostly.
Plus I still rely on my bankaccount for day to day transactions.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 547
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have about all of my earnings in bitcoins, as I earn them online directly and let them stay there till the right time. Offline I don't have a job, so yes all my earnings are in bitcoin as I haven't cashed out for a long time. Yea !
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Well just like folks diversify in stock, I diversify in cybercurrencies; spreading out over 10 different ones.

i agree with this 100%  ,the results speak for themselves
i have friends who keep investing in  property and other assets  because thats what they know
but nothing and i mean nothing produces  returns like crypto .... Grin

legendary
Merit: 1057
Differentiation is always the key. Differentiate you crypto investments as well as your non crypto ones. Putting all eggs in the same basket is never a good solution.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cuban-on-investing-diversification-is-for-idiots-2011-8

If you are confident in a certain area of the market, it makes sense for professionals to focus on that.. Ordinary people should have a mixed basket but if got know what you're doing you can make a lot more by focusing on your speciality
But being just confidence will not guarantee no-losses. Do or die is not a philosophy of a good investors, they want to do even some are dying. Probably bitcoin is an lone opportunity you may go with 100%, if you are not believing into diversification, could you get me any other investment opportunity except bitcoins where I may go 100% for better returns.

Even I am already saving only bitcoins, I am not suggesting anyone to go 100%, we should not break the basics. The prime principle of investment must be diversification. When we are sticking with basics, we are having minimum guarantee.
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Well just like folks diversify in stock, I diversify in cybercurrencies; spreading out over 10 different ones.
legendary
Differentiation is always the key. Differentiate you crypto investments as well as your non crypto ones. Putting all eggs in the same basket is never a good solution.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cuban-on-investing-diversification-is-for-idiots-2011-8

If you are confident in a certain area of the market, it makes sense for professionals to focus on that.. Ordinary people should have a mixed basket but if got know what you're doing you can make a lot more by focusing on your speciality

Activity: 560
Merit: 269
Maybe. But not advisable to put all your money to cryptocurrencies. Me, i put half of my earnings on cryptos and the other half is going to my wallet. Bitcoin and other cryptos are volatile. You know how risky it is. But crypto is a form of investment. Only if you manage it right. Also only few people are succeeded on crypto.
legendary
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
legendary
I sexually identify as a pansexual bitcoin so technically I am all bitcoin, 100%.

Get  the fuck off our thread you weirdo...
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
I sexually identify as a pansexual bitcoin so technically I am all bitcoin, 100%.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
As from 2015 i'm living only having bitcoins - sometimes its pain in the ass, when you need to pay rent, like now. Still have some bank accounts around the world for recieving fiat from some clients but converting them always almost instantly to BTC. Considered this long time before but after selling my startup, went to traveling and dont ever looking back - feels cool.

Some holdings - in DCR, STR - something like less than 1%
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Or is it just me lol?

Can't complain thesedays, fat stacks just getting fatter  Grin

Well, since I am only earning money through signature campaign and from some few sources I think I can consider that most of my money are in bitcoin or cryptocurrency. But it seems you are infering or asking if we put most of our money in to bitcoin then I'm not and I am not even planning to put my money into bitcoin if ever I am earning it from a job outside this forum .
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
I do not put all my money on cryptocurrency since majority of it are being used for family budget and bills payment.  I only allocate the free fund (excess after budgeting the money) and not 100% of it.  I allocate 50% as savings in cryptocurrency and 50% as savings in fiat money. This is to make sure that I won't be touching my BTC for a very long time..
Great diversification. That is a good money management because you are not risky and you don't invested all your money savings into bitcoin because there is a chance if you put all your money in bitcoin then when you need money for emergency, you need to sell your bitcoins first for a not high price which is not a good one to sell. Keep diversifying your money and at the end of the day you will be satisfied Grin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
I invested 3% of my savings in BTC in 2013. Best investment I've ever made. The sum makes nearly 30% of my savings right now...

Wow. That is great, you made good investment even it is just small at first now you are gaining high profit from that for sure.
At OP, I guess you made good investment too that is why you have good amount of money in bitcoin value. Things in bitcoin is good so far, no doubt why people are continue getting into it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
No, I have only ~20% of my money in btc. I'm still prefer to keep biggest part of my savings in fiat. Not because that I don't believe in bitcoin future or something else. Fiat is just more convenient. I just need to go to ATM and withdraw my cash if I need. If I would keep my money in bitcoin - I would need to deposit it to exchange, then withdraw fiat. It requires more time and also it costs some fees.
I don't have plans to keep al my money in bitcoins, but probably I will increase part of my money which I keep in bitcoins to bigger percentage.

well, it is basically a fiat is still very dominate in every activity we do. Because fiat direct deals about the Government, where the Government has always set all things in the transaction or the rotation of their wealth. But at least you have a chance to get an advantage in the bitcoin, as if seen from all the data that is in the future of the bitcoin has a pretty good potential. Though perhaps there will be some changes, but I believe they are saving some of the bTC will get many advantages

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348
I do not put all my money on cryptocurrency since majority of it are being used for family budget and bills payment.  I only allocate the free fund (excess after budgeting the money) and not 100% of it.  I allocate 50% as savings in cryptocurrency and 50% as savings in fiat money. This is to make sure that I won't be touching my BTC for a very long time..
legendary
Or is it just me lol?

I mean, how much are we talking about here? Couple Thousand? Tens of thousands? More?

For me, not most or all of my money...and not quite enough at the same time, ya know?
[/quote

This is the extent of my investments in pie chart (87% crypto based):

69.6% BTC
14.8% ETH
13.1% GOLD
1.2%   LITECOIN
1.0%   MONERO
0.5%   RIPPLE

Afterall , This is Gentlemen  Cool Cool Cool

Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
I put most all of my money in btc/crypto because I beleive it will grow my savings. And, now Im happy as what you can see btc price is increasing and I earn of it. Btc saves for the future I know I can earn big profit.

It seems you are right on what you believe in at this moment.  Though the question is, until when we are right with our prediction that bitcoin price will go up?  Bitcoin price won't forever increase, once the market reach its maximum saturation, price will either be stable or worst decline.  I hope you can cash out your bitcoin at its peak.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 529
Or is it just me lol?

Some people like you and they are quite successful with it but I still haven't dared to do that and now still thinking about it for off all money in crypto for just in case, because the government has not legalized the bitcoin and had to wait some time to sell the bitcoin to the fiat.
Yeah I would agree there, there is still a lot of risk with putting all money I'm BTC, other than legality there also is the price risk we never know if BTC drops dead. With that said even if someone puts 'all'  his money in Btc it would not be practical as how is he supposed to pay to someone who doesn't accept bitcoin, as bitcoin isn't accepted in A LOT of places.
Pages:
Jump to: