Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone else HAVE most or maybe ALL of their money in btc/crypto? - page 4. (Read 5595 times)

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Or is it just me lol?

Can't complain thesedays, fat stacks just getting fatter  Grin

I mean, how much are we talking about here? Couple Thousand? Tens of thousands? More?

For me, not most or all of my money...and not quite enough at the same time, ya know?
It doesn't really matter how much money, it is what you can afford to lose that matters. If you are young or it is play money then it could be worth the risk. But of course these coins are highly volatile so the risks should be known.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 523
I put most all of my money in btc/crypto because I beleive it will grow my savings. And, now Im happy as what you can see btc price is increasing and I earn of it. Btc saves for the future I know I can earn big profit.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Or is it just me lol?

Can't complain thesedays, fat stacks just getting fatter  Grin
Some people like you and they are quite successful with it but I still haven't dared to do that and now still thinking about it for off all money in crypto for just in case, because the government has not legalized the bitcoin and had to wait some time to sell the bitcoin to the fiat.
Yes do not put all your money in cryptocurrencies because the future is still not that clear so it will be a high risk for you to put all your money there. If you want to invest in cryptocurrencies then just put a little bit of your money for long term and i think that is enough for you to earn money because bitcoin price are pumping high and soon it will get a very high price like 5000 USD.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
Or is it just me lol?

Some people like you and they are quite successful with it but I still haven't dared to do that and now still thinking about it for off all money in crypto for just in case, because the government has not legalized the bitcoin and had to wait some time to sell the bitcoin to the fiat.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
Or is it just me lol?

I mean, how much are we talking about here? Couple Thousand? Tens of thousands? More?

For me, not most or all of my money...and not quite enough at the same time, ya know?
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
I haven't put lots of money into bitcoin. Most of my investments came from signature campaign and some easy tasks. But I'm planning to consistently put some amount of money for my investments. I'm looking for a long term goal here in bitcoin community. I'm pretty sire that I'm on the right track.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
I invested 3% of my savings in BTC in 2013. Best investment I've ever made. The sum makes nearly 30% of my savings right now...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
No way ur gonna take that risk even we can see the success of cryptocurrency and we are earning a lot of bitcoin or alt coins in investing there's no way yout gonna invest all your money 👎 in just a split second the bitcoin price can go down and when that happened all your investment is gonna and when you invest your gonna your really done so investing all your money is not a good idea at all💡💡.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338
I have 30% of my money invested to cryptocurrency.  I can see that there is a lot to profit in venturing in this industry but I am still a bit cautious to not put all my eggs in one basket so I only invested part of my money to crypto and others to investment outside cryptocurrency.  At least if one fails, the other can redeem it.

Even thirty percent seems like too much dude, I hope and pray that the amount of money that is in crypto is in less volatile coins such as Bitcoin, as the others are disgustingly more volatile and could show that 30 percent of your money can vanish in one day if the crypto bubble blew or something along those lines occur.

Also, if I may ask the people that have a large portion of their money in cryptos do you store the coins in a wallet or on some sort of exchange for long term holding? Also, long term or day traders when it comes to the cryptocurrency that you own.

Risky but it could pan out well if ya get lucky.
It depends on the amount of risk you are willing to take, if you are not comfortable taking too many risks then  diversifying seems like a good choice, but you must understand that the average people is not that diversified either most of their money is in their houses, cars, and bank accounts.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Normally, I have around 10-15% of my portfolio allocated on bitcoin, since I don’t have any altcoins at the moment. That is relatively small compared to some of what I am reading here because I always try to play it on the safe side. I don’t want to expose myself to too much risk and that percentage is just about where I am comfortable at right now. Things might change though as more and more things are going in favor of bitcoin with a lot of investors looking at it as another option.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1338
Slava Ukraini!
No, I have only ~20% of my money in btc. I'm still prefer to keep biggest part of my savings in fiat. Not because that I don't believe in bitcoin future or something else. Fiat is just more convenient. I just need to go to ATM and withdraw my cash if I need. If I would keep my money in bitcoin - I would need to deposit it to exchange, then withdraw fiat. It requires more time and also it costs some fees.
I don't have plans to keep al my money in bitcoins, but probably I will increase part of my money which I keep in bitcoins to bigger percentage.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
Not me, I only bought Bitcoin twice and after that i was able to make a lot of Bitcoin from it. I was able to profit from the Bitcoin that i bought and now all the Bitcoin that i have are just my winning even if i loss them all i will never exchange all or most of my money for Bitcoin, it is better to be safe than sorry later because the more Bitcoin i have the more urge i get wanting to gamble.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2112
I stand with Ukraine.
Or is it just me lol?

I'm glad for you, apparently you were right keeping all you have in BTC. Unfortunately I can't say same about myself. Not because I'm keeping my saving in gold, in USD or in any other currency, but rather because I have no savings. I'm not poor, I have enough to live a good life, but that's it. )
Activity: 376
Merit: 250
Having only bitcoins and some altcoins, closed most of my bank accounts 2 years ago, CC too - just keep on account for recieving payments from my clients.
Im converting back to fiat mostly amount i need for 2-3 days, or if i need to take flight will use prepaid from bitwala.io
Trying to pay us much possible with bitcoins.

So sometimes im hedging i little - going to alts lately mostly, not shorting BTC anymore. Within this two years i see how much my mindset is changed, im buing stuff i really need and living very simple, mostly traveling around the world.

Life is for living!
That is great for you if you living your life with bitcoin mostly because not all of us can do that and try to live and pay things using bitcoin because i think it is too early for that but good start and the best thing you did is you closed your CC so you don't need to worry about getting in debt. I also agree that you get some altcoins because they are the next bitcoin so it is best to invest in some.
I'm not living with bitcoin only but the majority of my money is on cryto's. I just use my salary for my daily necessities and convert all my saving to BTC a few years ago. I'm very for the result of my risk investment here. I almost triple my savings. Smiley
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
Having only bitcoins and some altcoins, closed most of my bank accounts 2 years ago, CC too - just keep on account for recieving payments from my clients.
Im converting back to fiat mostly amount i need for 2-3 days, or if i need to take flight will use prepaid from bitwala.io

So sometimes im hedging i little - going to alts lately mostly, not shorting BTC anymore. Within this two years i see how much my mindset is changed, im buing stuff i really need and living very simple, mostly traveling around the world.

Life is for living!
That is great for you if you living your life with bitcoin mostly because not all of us can do that and try to live and pay things using bitcoin because i think it is too early for that but good start and the best thing you did is you closed your CC so you don't need to worry about getting in debt. I also agree that you get some altcoins because they are the next bitcoin so it is best to invest in some.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0

Life is for living!
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
I have 30% of my money invested to cryptocurrency.  I can see that there is a lot to profit in venturing in this industry but I am still a bit cautious to not put all my eggs in one basket so I only invested part of my money to crypto and others to investment outside cryptocurrency.  At least if one fails, the other can redeem it.

Even thirty percent seems like too much dude, I hope and pray that the amount of money that is in crypto is in less volatile coins such as Bitcoin, as the others are disgustingly more volatile and could show that 30 percent of your money can vanish in one day if the crypto bubble blew or something along those lines occur.

Also, if I may ask the people that have a large portion of their money in cryptos do you store the coins in a wallet or on some sort of exchange for long term holding? Also, long term or day traders when it comes to the cryptocurrency that you own.

Risky but it could pan out well if ya get lucky.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262
BTC or BUST
1. No one ever gets rich by "diversifying".. Warren Buffet doesn't "diversify"..

2. Fiat cash sucks and is one of the worst things you could possibly hold because it is guaranteed to lose value by its very design..

3. I have a LOT more BTC than cash but I have very little cash.. But, of all things I own my BTC is probably like 7%..

I'm out of town for work and have barely enough $ to live on. I brought my BTC for emergency purposes only.. I will go hungry and out of smokes before I spend my BTC.. I will only spend my BTC if it's the only way to get me home..
Activity: 280
Thanks to my stake in NEM which is completely unsold, about 33% of my net worth is in cryptos.  That could rise to 60% or fall down to 20%.. I'm betting on a rise because of the technology the coin possesses. Some would say I'm insane to not sell it now, then again my co-worker said I was insane last spring when it made it's first rise to about $30K in value. Meh.. to me it's almost like it's not real since I never invested a cent of my own money into it.. I got a stake for free.

They're like little penny stocks.. stock have no inherit value except the value they are given... technically you can say that about fiat, gold, or anything, really. Supply and demand.. value is in the eyes of the beholder. Wealth is really an illusion.

I do know that cryptos trade on a global market, and 35 billion dollars is a drop in the bucket on a global scale... that's about the market cap of Nintendo, NTDOY stock right now.. one company among hundreds which have far higher market caps... 35 billion is nothing.  There is tens of trillions in debt out there, hundreds of trillions in assets, and that's not even counting other countries and other currencies. However, until the large scale ability to exchange cryptos for fiat exists without massive delays, the market for cryptos will be somewhat limited. We need more exchanges that do fiat, and they need to get their act together and hire some people to handle their load so stuff gets done within a couple days, not a couple weeks.

Like it or not, if you want cryptos to take off, you have to play with the big boys. They are the gatekeepers. Right now exchanges feel a bit like rolling the dice keeping coin in them right now, and it shouldn't feel that way. Another MtGox type scenario is what we want to avoid, for the good of this technology.
Activity: 399
Or is it just me lol?

I'm with ya. 95% of my portfolio is in Cryptos.  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: