Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone else having issues with their Antminer A3? - page 5. (Read 2269 times)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Hi guys,

I had the same issues that you guys mentioned. I assumed maybe like the rest i also had hardware issues but apparently the issue was resolved by doing a reset or a power cycle. Sometimes the temps get high after power cycle which didnt make any sense as the room temp and when previously it was running smoothly were low. It didnt look like a hardware problem but a software problem.
Sometimes i had just 1 X and sometimes one of the entire boards showed xxxx. Checked the wires .. Did a power cycle which helped once. Then at the next power cycle it just was full of errors. Now after a factory reset its working fine and temps are 80 or below. Hopefully it will stay the same. I was mining before on siamining but have changed to luxor. Works good so far. Hopefully u get to fix urs.

P.S. I had factory reset it a couple of times.

Activity: 10
I have been playing with all different clock levels and Hash Board #3 is consistently between 5 to 10 degrees hotter than the rest.. I assume it's because the chips and heat sinks are on the outside and lacking air flow. Suppose I open the thing, and reverse the hash board.. I can dremel some new holes if necessary... I have 700mhz running stable now cause I am in winter in Canada and my mining room is only 10C right now LOL.... temps are 74,64,82 So obviously airflow to outside boards are the problem, and I would assume board 3 was designed the wrong way fir air LOL just thoughts.. Also only running 57 ASICS on board 3 cause earlier problems... I like to live dangerously
yeah my HW errors are off the charts now.. was running fine before, definitely damage caused
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

those are stull high temps for the top and bottom chains, id down clock to 575

Noted..

I'm dropping ASICS on chain 3 again. FML.. Room temp is about 16C now. Is it safe to run with a couple dropped chips? or should I reboot a few times and get em to kick in again?

you dont want to be running with any dropped chips , no , just keep downclocking till you have less hardware errors over three hours , less than 100 or so

then slowly raise clocks till you find a stable setting and temps around 75-ish to 77 max on chips

pcb temps are fine around 50-65

is your fan set to 100% ?

I run in a climate controled serve room with lots of heat exhaust and I still have to set my fans to 100%

Im running stock settings

Noted..

I'm dropping ASICS on chain 3 again. FML.. Room temp is about 16C now. Is it safe to run with a couple dropped chips? or should I reboot a few times and get em to kick in again?

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
I just about fried mine LOL.. Out of the box in a 22C room temperature was running 85c. Did some reading, sounded normal, and read that other models have overheat protection.. So I mean this one should have it too right??

Then while I was having a drink it overheated, I seen 96C on screen before I could get to it and shut it down, went into fault mode, solid red light. Would not hash, HW errors in the 15k+ within a minute. was only reading 54 ASICS on one of the hash boards.

WOW thought I really fried it... $3000 mistake FFS.. Reboot.. Nothing solid red light, power down and on, solid red light then one hash board 0 ASICS registered.

I did a factory reset using a pin in the reset hole, then after doing up the settings, and another reboot it all came back working again thank heavens.. I'm not a farmer.. just getting into ASIC (last time I used an ASIC was in 2013ish), and $3000 is a chunk of change.

So since I live in Canada and it's winter here, an open window with a box fan blowing in cold air to cool the entire room is working good. Temps are stable at 79, 69, and 83, factory clock.

Why didn't they put an overheat protection on the A3 like other models?? I have owned an A3 for 7 hours and I'm scared to leave my house now...

I just about fried mine LOL.. Out of the box in a 22C room temperature was running 85c. Did some reading, sounded normal, and read that other models have overheat protection.. So I mean this one should have it too right??

Then while I was having a drink it overheated, I seen 96C on screen before I could get to it and shut it down, went into fault mode, solid red light. Would not hash, HW errors in the 15k+ within a minute. was only reading 54 ASICS on one of the hash boards.

WOW thought I really fried it... $3000 mistake FFS.. Reboot.. Nothing solid red light, power down and on, solid red light then one hash board 0 ASICS registered.

I did a factory reset using a pin in the reset hole, then after doing up the settings, and another reboot it all came back working again thank heavens.. I'm not a farmer.. just getting into ASIC (last time I used an ASIC was in 2013ish), and $3000 is a chunk of change.

So since I live in Canada and it's winter here, an open window with a box fan blowing in cold air to cool the entire room is working good. Temps are stable at 79, 69, and 83, factory clock.

Why didn't they put an overheat protection on the A3 like other models?? I have owned an A3 for 7 hours and I'm scared to leave my house now...

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I would stop mining on sia pool, seems they are doing something to mess up A3's
It wasn't siamining, it was the whole network (only A3s though). Nobody knows why yet.

i also have a dead hash board

what does yours do
Activity: 434
Merit: 52
everything works fine on my A3 unit now since i switched from 110v to 220v

Mine works fine on 110v. You just can't use the AW3 only, I have it powering the main boards and two of the hashing cards, a second PSU powering the last card. Not sure of my consumption yet, but it's running smoothly.

I don't know what's up with pools, so far I've had no luck connecting to nanopool, and limited luck with Luxor (was working fine for a bit, now it claims my wallet/miner doesn't exist; they have a maintenance message up for the search function, but the instructions they give get the same "does not exist" result). Switched back over to--ung--antpool for now, as at least it is working well enough, though I can't seem to add my wallet to that one (it says it is emailing me and then doesn't). It'll probably be a little it before everything calms down and works right.

EDIT: Nevermind, Luxor is working again. Seemed like the problem was just reporting, as my coin count is higher than when I stopped being able to check, so I'm pretty confident Luxor is a good place to point my rig for a while (plus they donate part of the pool profits to the sia devs, which I am all for)...
Activity: 12
everything works fine on my A3 unit now since i switched from 110v to 220v
Activity: 1118
Merit: 541
Managed to get one unit stable at 61/62c on hashboards at 500mhz with 90% fan speed. The other unit is stable at 61/62C on hashboards at 550mhz with 90% fan speed. Others are saying you can push them up to 80C, but that will obviously reduce the lifespan of the device. (700Gh/s on one, 760Gh/s on the other)

Activity: 140
Merit: 17
Yes, I can confirm, Luxor is on!

Also someone mentioned Suprnova, but pool is no longer available on Suprnova.

So, only SiaMining and Luxor for now.
Well, you do have p2pool too. They were mining empty blocks only, so nobody in the community would recommend them. Apparently they are including transactions now as of a few blocks back. If they're behaving, I don't see why not use them Smiley
Activity: 89
Yes, I can confirm, Luxor is on!

Also someone mentioned Suprnova, but pool is no longer available on Suprnova.

So, only SiaMining and Luxor for now.
does luxor support it?
Same here.
Connecting only on Antpool with factory settings, but as soon as I input my credentials, socket connection error, conection refused.
As Antpool has removed SIA pool few hours ago, I tried Nicehash, same issue, then Nanopool, same issue, finally, it does connect to SiaMining.
That's very strange!
I'm having 220V, also few D3's running on same network with no issues. So it's not my network issue.
Not strange at all, from the ones you mention only siamining support it at the moment.
Activity: 89
Same here.
Connecting only on Antpool with factory settings, but as soon as I input my credentials, socket connection error, conection refused.
As Antpool has removed SIA pool few hours ago, I tried Nicehash, same issue, then Nanopool, same issue, finally, it does connect to SiaMining.
That's very strange!
I'm having 220V, also few D3's running on same network with no issues. So it's not my network issue.
@ulewap

how did you fix your connection error?

do you have it plugged into a 110v or 220v?
Activity: 6
Received mine today: first connection erros. then 1 board dead and the 2 that survived showed 0 hashing speed Cry

I have a problem it will mine with the default config but as soon I add my info it wont do anything
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500529233636
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=500529232198

I received my A3 this afternoon and having been having some problems. When I first set it up, everything was working flawlessly. Hashing at 833GHs on Siamining, no HW errors, everything smooth. About 2 hours later I checked again and saw my hashrate dropped in half with a bunch of X's on one of the hashboards. Since then I've only been able to reach 500-600 GHs, and am getting HW errors on different boards whenever I refresh. Anyone else having issues? I would normally try reflashing the firmware but it's not available on Bitmain's support page.
I received my A3 this afternoon and having been having some problems. When I first set it up, everything was working flawlessly. Hashing at 833GHs on Siamining, no HW errors, everything smooth. About 2 hours later I checked again and saw my hashrate dropped in half with a bunch of X's on one of the hashboards. Since then I've only been able to reach 500-600 GHs, and am getting HW errors on different boards whenever I refresh. Anyone else having issues? I would normally try reflashing the firmware but it's not available on Bitmain's support page.

Ya, sia coin developers were testing a soft fork to render the A3 useless. The total hashrate for the whole network dropped by almost half around 1:30PM EST. Hashrate dropped for all A3 on every pool simultaneously.

It is true that every A3 on every pool dropped the hashrate. But, I don't see how the sia team could do that. That would require coordinating with all the pools, including p2pool that is not very friendly. I talked with a couple of pool owners today and they were investigating this, but they still have no clue. My theory is that this is a bug in the A3s, that was triggered by the block they were mining on top of at that point. But who knows. Some are thinking of antbleed stuff, after all bitmain hasn't published the A3 firmware yet. I see it very unlikely, especially since A3s didn't stop mining, just started to get an awful lot of calculation errors.
Pages:
Jump to: