Pages:
Author

Topic: anyone read this article: The scam called Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 4522 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
the financial elite are growing concerned about Bitcoin .. likely you will see more articles like this appearing as the price goes up and as mainstream adoption increases

And we need this types of articles to publish more then only people will start knowing it and start adopting it and it is in the benefit of the users of bitcoin no matter what so ever is published bitcoin will gain more attention.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com
the financial elite are growing concerned about Bitcoin .. likely you will see more articles like this appearing as the price goes up and as mainstream adoption increases
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
well bitcoin has a bank name blokhain lol as shares from companies those get a profit or a loss bitcoin has that the same way the diference is that is bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
It's an opinion piece not reporting, and the author obviously hates BTC. I use the comparison of cell phones when I see this sort of shortsighted FUD. Everybody hated mobile phones when they and out (in the1980s) there was no end of negativity. Op-Ed pieces decrying cellular phones as unecesary and obnoxious, a terrible idea that would never catch on. Look where that got them. Save these articles, it will be fun defaming the authors in years to come... I still have a copy of Rolling Stone from the 90s with a cover showing Limp Biscuit declaring them "the Future of Rock" ... Idiots
Activity: 344
Wow, another article that was created badly by a newbie trying act as a professional
I think i have read very similar article somewhere, maybe they just copy & modify it ?

Anyway, they should post an article about "The scam called news" or "The scam called article" Tongue

Exactly bitcoin is not a scam and if it would be scam it would not be alive since last 6 years and people would never start adopting and accepting it if it would be a scam. Some articles are only created to divert the mind of the people.
Activity: 518
A blockchain without coins would not be decentralized because nobody would care
Activity: 952
Once new innovation comes out, ppl can like or dislike it and have their own valid reasons. Never mind time will tell everything.

Yes and people who are not aware about the new innovation or who dislikes the new innovation especially the older generation they will definitely say that it is a scam as they are not willing to learn new things.
legendary
Activity: 938
In my opinion its a commodity like precious metals. 

Not really a stock, because there is no central company.

The article isn't that great.

Activity: 378
Merit: 257
This article is poorly written and shows a severe lack of research into the topic.  It is either clickbait or blatant trolling.  I wish people writing these things would take five or ten minutes to read something about bitcoin, instead of just making stuff up on the spot. 

Clickbait, I think I am going with clickbait on this one.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
WTF? This Matt O'Brien guy again? I just read some half-a-dozen or so anti-Bitcoin articles in the Washington Post authored by this guy, and now it seems that he is authoring articles for the New Zealand Herald as well. A trans-continental anti-Bitcoin author? Who is really sponsoring this idiot? I am not ready to blame Jeff Bezos, as he seems to be a genuine guy...

Some of the articles authored by him:

The Atlantic:

Bitcoin Is No Longer a Currency
Why Bitcoin Will Never Be a Currency
Bitcoin Is the Segway of Currency

Washington Post:

Bitcoin isn’t the future of money — it’s either a Ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme
Bitcoin revealed: a Ponzi scheme for redistributing wealth from one libertarian to another

New Zealand Herald:

Matt O'Brien: The scam called Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
"The scam called Fiat"

The longest running scam in history of mankind.

I read somewhere that in the future ATMs will come with a printing machine attached.. Just BYO paper..

Haha, you are so right here. I wonder: are writers of these articles completely oblivious to facts, uneducated or just want to discredit bitcoin? Do they know that in a Ponzi Scheme,
the founders persuade investors that they will profit for SURE. Bitcoin does not make such a guarantee, you can lose your money. Also there is no central entity, just individuals building a decentralized network and economy.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003
"The scam called Fiat"

The longest running scam in history of mankind.

I read somewhere that in the future ATMs will come with a printing machine attached.. Just BYO paper..

legendary
Activity: 1386
English <-> Portuguese translations
Only because there is no bank Bitcoin became a scam? Only because the price will rise and some people, not everyone, will profit from it?
I'm a enthusiast and want it to worth more but I use it, bought tons of things no matter the price.

Also, the pollution item is such a BS. The banks needs tons of data centers split across the world, those things consumes a lot of electricity aswell.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I dig this guy's assessment -

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-06-14/global-macro-investor-interview-raoul-pal

'Bitcoin’s block chain is essentially the world’s biggest ledger. It’s unique because ledges work like you record the buy, I record the sell, that’s how it works; but with bitcoin you record the buy, I record the sell and he records both transactions. So it’s a tri-party ledger and that means that it’s a much more robust system. If you go bankrupt there’s somebody else who can prove what has happened.

So it’s a proof of ownership system and it’s enormous. It is by far the largest thing since the development of the internet in terms of the amount of computing power used. And we can put anything on the block chain, like house documents, insurance documents, whether there’s need to be proof of that contract’s existence.

But the real value by far is going to be the global securities and custody industry, because that is where the rotting heart of the leverage lies – where collateral is reused 20-30 times without you even realizing. If you own some US government bonds, you don’t realize that they get used 40 times by everybody else in the system. Your bonds that you own and that you bought.

But with the block chain we can move the entire securities industry onto this ledger system where it will be monitored and kept and stored in real time. So you will never get into a situation like Lehman where nobody knew who owned what assets. And to own a part of the block chain you have to pay in bitcoins and that’s why it has a real value, ignoring the transactional elements, which are also interesting. This is the big deal, it is revolutionary to the world of finance'

I'm not massively sold on it as the idea of a currency still. As the backbone of finance and notary systems it makes more sense.

As we've seen repeatedly, lots of people are getting boners for the blockchain. I can foresee them becoming comfortable with seeing bitcoin as the gateway to blockchain access rather than a separate entity.
Q7
Activity: 448
I don't know whether the author did even consider bitcoin as a currency in the first place where you can actually use it and spend rather than treating it as purely investment.

The author assumes that everybody holds on to their coins hoping that price will increase someday to be able to sell off and for it to happen there must be new buyers and so that's how he arrive to that conclusion on ponzi scheme. But nevertheless, all of that arguments were never taken into account if bitcoin as a currency did function as it was intended to be for example to facilitate cross border transaction and such, so I would say it's rather unfair to label bitcoin as a scam.
legendary
Activity: 1399
Merit: 1004
northern exposure
personally i dont like those articles with that type of negative feelings about our BTC, but this is obvious.

now seems like ppl are diverting attention to blockchain instead the whole thing, maybe is a good movement from the elite to distract us? Tongue
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
[...]
And the final conclusion is "The future might not belong to Bitcoin, but it should to its technology."

Seems to be the new approach by main stream media: Bitcoin - boo! Blockchain - yay!

good luck disconnecting the blockchain from the mining infrastructure as a scheme ...unless you want to spend .what is it 6 years or so making your own
blockchain and/or coin tokens etc or just use the existing large worldwide bitcoin blockchain (or heck litecoin blockchain for that matter)

so yeah re-invent the wheel and/or expect the blockchain now to run w/o compensation in BTC to the people mining and keeping the infrastructure up

sheesh...reporting is dead these days

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
[...]
And the final conclusion is "The future might not belong to Bitcoin, but it should to its technology."

Seems to be the new approach by main stream media: Bitcoin - boo! Blockchain - yay!

That is probably because of two reasons:
The ones behind these news are late to the party and are trying to accumulate cheap coins.
The ones behind these news are trying to create their own crypto currency.

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Once new innovation comes out, ppl can like or dislike it and have their own valid reasons. Never mind time will tell everything.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
[...]

yet they fail to understand that those two work together and they are inseparable, unless they want to build their own fork with a different, yet more shitty(very probable) coin than bitcoin

their fud will not touch anybody anymore, but only those that don't know anything about bitcoin, which are becoming less and less every new day
Pages:
Jump to: