Pages:
Author

Topic: anyone read this article: The scam called Bitcoin? - page 4. (Read 4522 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
And the final conclusion is "The future might not belong to Bitcoin, but it should to its technology."
Agree with this! A lot of applications are built on the blochchain concept! Like Nasdaq are considering to integrate blockchain technology to its trading platform, Hyperledger, colored coin, sidechains etc 
Activity: 910
Merit: 530
$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP
Yes, I have read the article. And even though I dislike the article & its negative tones about Bitcoin, I do see the author's point (and it has been brought up before). I.e.- Person A plans on not spending their Bitcoin because they hope the price will increase in the future and they'll be rich, so they let person B spend theirs. Person B does the same thing and doesn't spend any of their BTC, and the economy dries up because of no people spending it.

However, I disagree because I love to spend BTC and do it all the time! It is a streamlined, non-invasive way of buying everything, and you often find cheaper prices listed for goods compared to higher prices for Credit Card & PayPal, because of the processing fees the vendor has to pay with cards. I find it beneficial and enjoyable to spend BTC, and I still believe it will increase in price in the future. So if the price increases any BTC holdings I have will be worth more, and I still helped the BTC
 economy along the way.

[...]
And the final conclusion is "The future might not belong to Bitcoin, but it should to its technology."

Seems to be the new approach by main stream media: Bitcoin - boo! Blockchain - yay!

I agree, everybody is taking about blockchain technology now that they have finally noticed it. I still think any discussion of blockchain tech. is positive for BTC though, it's just more and more overall exposure.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
[...]

Seems to be the new approach by main stream media: Bitcoin - boo! Blockchain - yay!
Activity: 903
Merit: 1000
LakeBTC.com
Sometimes it's hard to tell whether Bitcoin is more like Ponzi scheme or a pyramid scheme.

Whatever it is, though, it isn't a currency. It's a tech stock. Each Bitcoin is really a share in a system that seems to make it cheaper to transfer things online - money, stocks, bonds, even the deed to your house - by cutting out the middleman. Well, kind of. Bitcoin doesn't remove the middleman so much as replace him with middlemen who don't make you pay much, but make society as a whole do so instead. Is this progress?

[...]

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11462977
Pages:
Jump to: