Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone who use mobile wallets? - page 3. (Read 11378 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
May 24, 2019, 02:02:01 PM
I use a mobile wallet or two, but primarily just for scraps -- ex. small amounts of alts. It's simply easier than downloading tons of wallets.

But I also use a dedicated spare phone just for crypto. I don't carry it around with me all day or use public wifi with it. Seems as safe as anything else.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
The First Idle Defense Blockchain Game
May 24, 2019, 01:35:51 PM
I use several mobile wallets. One called Trust Wallet, the second from the developers of MyEtherWallet. Both purses suit me both in terms of functionality and security.
I know there are some mobile wallets but for some reason I still use my wallet online from the beginning to now. I do not really like mobile wallet because it might be the same function and way of access.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
May 24, 2019, 01:33:24 PM
I only use MyEtherWallet to store ETH on mobile. In other cases, I prefer to store the cryptocurrency in the wallet that is installed on the computer. I do not know how things are with the security of mobile wallets, but so far I have heard that they have not been hacked.
But this is risky because we generally uses various software through which your wallet data can anytime be compromised. Howeve, no wallet is 100% secure. Security depends on our usage.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 10
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
May 24, 2019, 01:32:22 PM
Yes you are right. Mobile wallets are kind of risky. But the thing is mobile wallets are very popular band easy to use. It's very handy to access. And in future we need this kind of wallet where if I have to pay with crypto we just can with a mobile. So mobile wallets are very useful and important for this ecosystem. But again the whole thing is not that tight security. Mostly those wallets which have the acces with email and phone number those have a chance of data bridge. So always put a bit of money in mobile wallets that's an open suggestion.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 103
May 24, 2019, 01:02:59 PM
To use your mobile wallet safely, you must have a separate smartphone that will not use any third-party applications.
Merit: 377
May 24, 2019, 12:49:25 PM
I use several mobile wallets. One called Trust Wallet, the second from the developers of MyEtherWallet. Both purses suit me both in terms of functionality and security.

Activity: 784
Merit: 100
May 20, 2019, 06:41:55 AM
I only use MyEtherWallet to store ETH on mobile. In other cases, I prefer to store the cryptocurrency in the wallet that is installed on the computer. I do not know how things are with the security of mobile wallets, but so far I have heard that they have not been hacked.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 101
May 20, 2019, 06:34:14 AM
I use mobile wallets only for small sums and when other forms of wallets are unavailable, so when there is really no other option, unless you want to risk keeping your funds on an exchange. But yes, I suppose they tend to be safer than your regular desktop wallets, especially if your PC security systems are sub-par.
Activity: 780
Merit: 101
May 20, 2019, 06:17:34 AM
I don't know why you thought it was dangerous, but mobile wallets are very convenient and secure. The main thing is to use only official applications and not allow other people to use your smartphone, as well as comply with the basic safety rules, do not connect to Wi-fi in public places.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
May 20, 2019, 05:54:32 AM
For me, mobile cryptocurrency wallets are very unreliable. The phone is vulnerable to attacks and other force majeure events (theft, loss.) Therefore, I highly recommend that you do not install them.
Mobile wallets make it easy for you to make transactions when you are not if your home or office in places where you have your smart phone only. It is a kind of convenience and furthermore are also secure wallets because the app store and self-security of the application as well as your smart phone if secure from theft will not let the hackers to do something with your assets but they will only in contrast.
Activity: 107
Merit: 26
May 18, 2019, 07:25:42 AM
I think mobile wallet is safer than pc wallet, you should not allow anyone touch your phone.
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
May 18, 2019, 07:00:20 AM

it depends largely on the use you make with the mobile phone, if there are on it viruses then it becomes risky, if the phone is used only for wallets then i think we can be fairly quiet, my favorite wallet is coinomi...
Activity: 924
Merit: 112
May 18, 2019, 06:49:33 AM
For me, mobile cryptocurrency wallets are very unreliable. The phone is vulnerable to attacks and other force majeure events (theft, loss.) Therefore, I highly recommend that you do not install them.
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
May 18, 2019, 06:46:05 AM
A mobile wallet is designed for convenience and the ability to receive and send transactions when you are not in your office or home. So, it is assumed that you would just be carrying crypto for spending and not your whole portfolio!
Activity: 1484
Merit: 276
May 18, 2019, 06:32:08 AM
Using trusted wallet apps will make your funds safer even if you are using your phone to store your bitcoins.Plus you must know how to avoid sites or apps that can hijack infos from your mobile.Knowing what to surf or not on the web is one factor to consider to be safe on mobile.Many hackers on the internet uses caches to hack into your device
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
May 18, 2019, 06:24:28 AM
Mobile wallets were designed so that crypto enthusiasts can have access to their cryptocurrency portfolio wherever they are and yes some wallets are not trustworthy. Only use trusted mobile wallets such as Electroneum, Metamask or Blockchain app. These applications i can endorse to keep your funds safe from any form of hacking but remember the most important thing is to keep your passphrase to these wallets very safe. Because anybody who gets access to this passphrase can steal your funds.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 10
May 18, 2019, 06:06:31 AM
I was using some mobile wallets before, but now I don’t do it anymore because it’s very inconvenient for me and there were always a lot of different problems, so I decided at the moment to completely give up mobile wallets.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
May 18, 2019, 05:23:40 AM
Anyone who use mobile wallets?
I think it is very dangerous.

I dont think using mobile wallet is dangerous. Mobile wallet like trust wallet or imtoken have good reputation. Its depend on user if its about security, as long user can handle their seeds, i think mobile wallet still secure and can use to store our coin and token
Merit: 377
May 17, 2019, 08:47:40 AM

Activity: 826
Merit: 523
May 18, 2019, 04:54:58 AM

Mobile wallets are useful generally but the mobile system itself cab easily infected by malware viruses and apps used by the cybercriminal to steal your data. There is also a possibility to lose all your assets if your phone damaged or stolen.

Pages:
Jump to: