Pages:
Author

Topic: Anyone who use mobile wallets? - page 9. (Read 11378 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 377
May 10, 2019, 01:51:21 PM
I use several mobile wallets. One called Trust Wallet, the second from the developers of MyEtherWallet. Both purses suit me both in terms of functionality and security.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
May 10, 2019, 02:28:01 PM
I prefer to use MEW instead of a cellphone wallet, to check my tokens only on the cellphone wallet while for fixed transactions use MEW.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
May 10, 2019, 02:24:06 PM
Anyone who use mobile wallets?
I think it is very dangerous.

It's more safe than logging in our wallet account with private key.
because it's just like an offline wallet, and MEW also reccomend us to use mobile wallet than a website wallet
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
May 10, 2019, 01:46:52 PM

I use the wallet of all crypto on my mobile phone and its not dangerous, so far still safe its suitable for me and it has been very long for me to use it. Upkeep of mobile wallets grows over time and is always updated by dev.
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
May 10, 2019, 01:35:07 PM

Can you describe dangerous ?

I have been using mobile wallets for more than 2 years and never have I ever faced any trouble using them. According to me a wallet on a PC is more prone to malware as compared to a smartphone.
Besides that, mobile wallets enables us to use multi-layer 2FA which increases the overall security of the wallet. Also, the key point here is that never store the private keys on your smartphone without any encryption/security. If a phone is lost then the person can easily get the private keys stored on your smartphone.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
May 10, 2019, 01:32:12 PM
Any wallet will be in danger if you yourself do not take care of his safety! The structure of the system for mobile clients is simplified, therefore, the security is lower. It is advisable to keep only the amount you need at that time on such wallets, and to keep fixed assets offline.
Activity: 574
Merit: 2
May 10, 2019, 01:15:02 PM

Mobile wallets are safe depending on the individual
All you need is create a myetherwallet paper wallet

Download the imtoken or trust app, log in details and enjoy
Activity: 315
Merit: 2
May 10, 2019, 01:10:28 PM

I have been using mobile wallet for quite some time now and that has been my first wallet ever since I came into the crypto space.
Although I have heard and read a lot about happenings with some mobile wallets, yet mine has never been compromised.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
May 10, 2019, 12:57:15 PM
I use a mobile wallet and it's the best option to me. Your wallet will be at risk if you are careless with your wallet. Even the desktop wallet is more at risk and also the Web wallet.
Activity: 182
Merit: 14
May 10, 2019, 12:19:16 PM
I think if you are using an IOS mobile rather than an android device then definitely you will get more security from it. Also many mobiles are launching out to serve as blockchain tasks similar to ledger.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
Bountyhive.io
May 10, 2019, 12:17:09 PM
Though it is unsafe and dangerous but you can still make it safe by using good wallet and always safe your private key not on the phone but offline or on another device that's is secure...  I've been using mobile wallet wince I started crypto and I haven't had a problem with it
Activity: 532
Merit: 18
Bitcoin lover!
May 10, 2019, 12:01:23 PM
The use of mobile wallets is indeed quite unsafe, but I advise you to keep only a small amount on mobile wallets. Most of your savings should be stored on a hardware wallet or on a computer with stored private keys in a safe place. Do not forget to use antivirus programs, preferably several at the same time.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
May 10, 2019, 11:55:05 AM
The smart phone as a hardware has been proven to have some vulnerabilities and to have been repeatedly exploited by government agencies

to spy on people; so conducting crypto transactions via phone you should factor in that your anonymity can be compromised at the least...
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
May 10, 2019, 11:53:12 AM
First of all. Your phone is protected. And if fraudsters bypass the protection, not the fact that something will remain on the phone. Secondly, there is also protection on the wallet. People have long been trading in coins from mobile phones and tablets. Because it does not always have access to a computer. Soon the cryptocurrency will be in all phones do not worry.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
May 10, 2019, 11:44:16 AM
the only thing that make it dangerous because when you install thats app need requirement such as gps , phone call , phone storage and many important things about your phone
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
May 10, 2019, 11:37:58 AM
Everything is dangerous and risky here in crypto. That's why we haven't run out of tips on newbies on how to secure their accounts. Yes, I'm using my phone as a mobile wallets but I'm very careful as well not to exposed it in public and of course I have 2FA enabled just in case.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
May 10, 2019, 11:37:39 AM
I use mobile wallets and they are extremely cool. What do you mean by mobile wallets are dangerous? Sounds weird to me. I use blockchain wallet, atomic wallet,  Trust wallet, ICONEX, IMTOKEN, WAVES wallet and a host of others. Most have private key, mnemonic phrase so very safe. You can try it out and join the crew. I prefer mobile wallets since they are easily accessible at anytime. 
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
May 10, 2019, 11:32:18 AM
Yes, I use mobile wallets most times because it is always very easy to use and access. I only use tezors to store coins that I plan to hold for long-term but I use mobile wallets for those that I can sell at anytime and most time I use Trust Wallet and Coinomi.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
May 10, 2019, 11:12:41 AM
Everything is dangerous nowadays as hackers really working overtime to find another victims, we need to double check every security procedures that we can use if we are using mobile wallets, but it's highly advise not to place huge amount of assets due to a potentially being attack by hackers.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
May 10, 2019, 11:08:41 AM
I think it is dangerous to store a large amount of coins, and for a small amount it is quite suitable. My friend uses several mobile wallets and he has no problem with that.
Pages:
Jump to: