Pages:
Author

Topic: Apart from trading where else to use crypto? - page 8. (Read 2271 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
You can use cryptocurrency to make whatever payment you want as long as the seller accepts payment using cryptocurrency, but I still see that there are still few countries that can accept cryptocurrency payments, for online payments I have made payments using bitcoin to pay payment website at "namcecheap" there accepts payment using bitcoin and maybe there are still some other platforms that accept cryptocurrency as a legitimate payment instrument.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
More than 90% of ICOs (still a wide margin) lack pure utility aside from trading values. Among freelancers, people may trade one crypto for another, but in a brick and mortar business scenario, crypto has little to no impact. For example if I walk into a store I could get the credit card and a few other payment options. Still, with the over abundance of crypto technologies and their native tokens, only a handful of stores have barcodes for bitcoin and a few other payment coin types.

I think we need more radical real world businesses tokenizing their products and using this 'tokenization' as a means to garner support for mainstream crypto adoption. Like rewarding people loyalties for using their products.

Does anyone else here share the same concerns, or do you know a coin that is owned by real businesses for such purposes?

I don't think that they are ready for receiving the money by using tokenization payment option as you mention. Maybe some store ready but still there are many stores is not ready for this option. But soon, after the store can accept with this technology payment, then we can use the crypto for paying for what we bought. And in time, there will be a coin that can use as a bridge for this payment and that coin will be stable than the other.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Crypto was originally and should be used as adigital currency. It should be used as a medium of exchange and not to trade it, but for those countries who do not have enough resources, they have no choice but to trade or hold crypto. Atleast they still find ways to make crypto useful and profitable.
All currencies around the world are traded, why did you thought that bitcoin will be an exception to that rule? Especially when it has been proven to be so profitable for so many people, besides you make it seem as if those that are holding or trading cryptocurrencies come from poor countries and that is simply not the case because the most popular exchanges are in the richest countries around the world.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
That is true. The block chain of crypto currencies lack real world uses. I see websites here and there that offer internet based services, premium content and other in exchange for crypto currency. Other than that, crypto currency is basically jist an investment option. But I know in the future that this will change eventually.
Activity: 266
Merit: 4
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
Every crypto especially the altcoins have major product or idea or service which they back. In order to get access to such services or products, you need to pay with the respective coin or accepted coin. For example, a coin like Docademic (MTC) is used to pay for the medical services on the Docademic ecosystem.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
More than 90% of ICOs (still a wide margin) lack pure utility aside from trading values. Among freelancers, people may trade one crypto for another, but in a brick and mortar business scenario, crypto has little to no impact. For example if I walk into a store I could get the credit card and a few other payment options. Still, with the over abundance of crypto technologies and their native tokens, only a handful of stores have barcodes for bitcoin and a few other payment coin types.

I think we need more radical real world businesses tokenizing their products and using this 'tokenization' as a means to garner support for mainstream crypto adoption. Like rewarding people loyalties for using their products.

Does anyone else here share the same concerns, or do you know a coin that is owned by real businesses for such purposes?

In many country, cryptocurrency still banned by government and thats why cryptocurrency can not use in many merchant. But I am believe on technology will take over. Government can not deny on technology and soon government will regulate cryptocurrency i am believe
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
Crypto was originally and should be used as adigital currency. It should be used as a medium of exchange and not to trade it, but for those countries who do not have enough resources, they have no choice but to trade or hold crypto. Atleast they still find ways to make crypto useful and profitable.
Activity: 322
╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝
Basically, crypto currency is used for online payment for products you wanted to buy and of course for the services rendered online. It's a good alternative for fiat and now, Paypal may have been threatened already by cryptos.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
There's a lot of use cases in Crypto not just apart of trading, store of value or buy/sel stuff but also a good way to communicate a people. Cryptocurrency is evolving and changing the world for a new order of security and trust which will lead for a better jurisdiction.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

Some days ago Ripple CEO announces 3[three] companies which are now using Ripple as a means of payment  https://www.coindesk.com/ripple-event-reveal-3-companies-are-now-using-xrp-for-real-payments/, so, ripple is almost there.

The use of crypto is not yet fully accepted by the main stream market globally, we have issues to resolved like Regulation by the government financial institutions, once Crypto is fully accepted by the market with the government accepting its full potential then its an open market? business using crypto globally, at this time we experience limitation on its usages.
I have said this many times, we do not need the approval of the government, that is what the government wants to make you believe, the market of cryptocurrencies has grown to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars and yet there is almost no government that has adopted cryptocurrencies and it's likely that we are going to touch trillions of dollars in the future and I do not expect for the approval of the governments to happen even at that point.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
Many shops are now accepting bitcoin and few other top currency.Recently i have seen people are paying money with bitcoin in hotel and restaurant.I have bought gift card with litcoin from a website.But biggest problem in using crypto as a currency is volatility.

I am sure that the number of these stores will be increased. People are interested to buy different things on the Internet and pay for them with Bitcoins. It is very convenient, very fast and really safe.

If country supports it and have made it legal then their would be almost every major store in the country where btc and other crypto currency could be used to make payment. Infact majority of the stuff can be even done without using fiat only crypto can work.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
Many shops are now accepting bitcoin and few other top currency.Recently i have seen people are paying money with bitcoin in hotel and restaurant.I have bought gift card with litcoin from a website.But biggest problem in using crypto as a currency is volatility.

I am sure that the number of these stores will be increased. People are interested to buy different things on the Internet and pay for them with Bitcoins. It is very convenient, very fast and really safe.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
franlky speaking, its nothing much can do besides trading. no like you can really buy grocery with bitcoin right now, except your country currency is way more volatile compare crypto, it hardly can do anything right now. it might have bigger application in larger scales like international transaction.
There are so many things you can use youth cryptocurrency for. You can use it to pay for services rendered if the person is willing to accept it, you can use it to pay for goods as well and so many other things.

I understand that we are not where we want to be and the market is so young that we have not even seen an extreme real life usage yet, but all that would change gradually as obviously we cannot expect it to just happen overnight.

Personally, I make use of bitcoin to pay my merchants overseas for goods and that has really been able to fill up some gap in transaction problem I have had with banks over the years. That is something!
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
franlky speaking, its nothing much can do besides trading. no like you can really buy grocery with bitcoin right now, except your country currency is way more volatile compare crypto, it hardly can do anything right now. it might have bigger application in larger scales like international transaction.
There are so many things you can use youth cryptocurrency for. You can use it to pay for services rendered if the person is willing to accept it, you can use it to pay for goods as well and so many other things.

I understand that we are not where we want to be and the market is so young that we have not even seen an extreme real life usage yet, but all that would change gradually as obviously we cannot expect it to just happen overnight.

Personally, I make use of bitcoin to pay my merchants overseas for goods and that has really been able to fill up some gap in transaction problem I have had with banks over the years. That is something!
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
90% is a small number. 99.9% is the right number.
Cryptocurrency now is a speculative trading tool and that's it. No one project has a complete work product. Therefore, to talk about the real use of cryptocurrency does not make sense.
But what about the fact that some countries recognized Bitcoin as a means of payment, the number of terminals where you can change Bitcoin increases, the number of institutions and outlets increases, where you can use Bitcoin as a means of payment Huh
Activity: 252
90% is a small number. 99.9% is the right number.
Cryptocurrency now is a speculative trading tool and that's it. No one project has a complete work product. Therefore, to talk about the real use of cryptocurrency does not make sense.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 253
There are lots of used when we talk about cryptocurrency aside from trading crypto can be used in doing investment, gambling and also as a mode of payment when you bought items over the internent.
if cryptocurrency is used as gambling, i think it is done for those who want to get rich quickly, but do not have knowledge about cryptocurrency, this will be very dangerous for capital he invests
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
If I have many more coins in trading business, then I can expand my investments ,through purchase of nice vicinity lot good for making hub to other business ti go in this to make an alternative investments aside from coin trading.
Activity: 616
Merit: 12
Send&Receive Money Instantly, w/ no hidden costs
Just as usual currency: buy stuff, sell stuff.
Depending on the adoption rate in your country is may be limited mostly to online shopping, though.

the use of Proof of Stake like certain coins is also one of the things that I find interesting. Staking coin then you will get another form of the coin, so you don't get the coin so there is price stability
Activity: 1694
Merit: 502
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

I respect your comment, you have very strong arguments. I have similar opinion, crypto has little or no impact, but that is the start, only a beginning. Bitcoin is good example, where bitcoin was in the beginning, just couple enthusiasts and big will, combined with hard work. You are right and nobody can deny your words, but have in mind that this is only a start. In few years we will see which one from all this tokens will survive, thats possible only with hard work and innovations, after couple years when some of them survive they will start to grow and people will have more trust in those tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: